Any Mike Tyson fans here? What was your favourite Mike Tyson fight?

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Mike Tyson - Destroyer in prime best knockouts (YouTube)
Mike-Tyson-Michael-Spinks-KO.jpg

my top 5 favourites are
-Michael Spinks
Marvis Frazier, Henry Tillman, Larry Holmes and Tony Tubbs

What was your favourite?

• Banned
Any of his early fights. I saw Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holyfield, there wasn't anyone that was as fierce as Tyson when he was coming up.
Agreed. Ali might have been the better boxer with a better resume, but Tyson was more aggressive, fierce and exciting to watch.
He is one of the most exciting boxers to watch, unlike some of today's top boxers (e.g. Floyd Mayweather, Klitshcko brothers etc)

Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson. The next was Holyfield getting a TKO over Tyson.

Any of his early fights. I saw Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holyfield, there wasn't anyone that was as fierce as Tyson when he was coming up.
Agreed. Ali might have been the better boxer with a better resume, but Tyson was more aggressive, fierce and exciting to watch.
He is one of the most exciting boxers to watch, unlike some of today's top boxers (e.g. Floyd Mayweather, Klitshcko brothers etc)
There were a couple guys I don't remember their names but they were much taller and bigger than Tyson. You could see the fear in their eyes fighting Tyson. I never saw that with any other fighter.

Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson. The next was Holyfield getting a TKO over Tyson.
Tyson got robbed -- Buster Douglas was the beneficiary of an obscenely long 10 count. Had the ref been counting in actual seconds, Douglas would never have gotten back on his feet in time. But to his credit, Douglas did kick the shit out of Tyson after that to win.

• Banned
Tyson got robbed -- Buster Douglas was the beneficiary of an obscenely long 10 count. Had the ref been counting in actual seconds, Douglas would never have gotten back on his feet in time.
Yeah I remember there was a Youtube video that showed the exact moments both fighters got knocked out side by side and the ref stopped the fight earlier for Tyson

Tyson's career was fucked from the moment he went to Don King.

Tyson got robbed -- Buster Douglas was the beneficiary of an obscenely long 10 count. Had the ref been counting in actual seconds, Douglas would never have gotten back on his feet in time.
Yeah I remember there was a Youtube video that showed the exact moments both fighters got knocked out side by side and the ref stopped the fight earlier for Tyson
From what I recall, about 14 seconds elapsed from the moment Douglas went down and until he was back on his feet.

Mike Tyson - Destroyer in prime best knockouts (YouTube)
Mike-Tyson-Michael-Spinks-KO.jpg

my top 5 favourites are
-Michael Spinks
Marvis Frazier, Henry Tillman, Larry Holmes and Tony Tubbs

What was your favourite?

Favorite? the one where he got too cocky and got knocked out by Buster Douglass.:lmao:

Thats what I love about Rocky three is it is so realistic how when everything is going great for a fighter he then stops training as hard as he used to and doesnt have the hunger anymore which happened to him in his fight against Mr T. That was Mike Tyson and Buster Douglass right there.

Then the same thing happened to Douglass that happened to Tyson after he beat him.Same as Tyson Douglass stopped training hard and got fat and out of shape since he thought he was on top of the world after he beat Tyson.

Then when the next time he fought and faced Holifield,same thing happened to him that happened to Tyson,got knocked out.He could not handle the adversity of bouncing back losing a match like Holyfield could and you never heard anything from him after that.

Tyson never would have been able to carry Ali's jockstrap.what amazes me is there are a lot of idiots out there that think he was greater than Ali. dont make me laugh. Tyson was small potatoes compared to him. Ali fought the greatest fighters in the country and beat them all.Tyson would never have lasted more than a few rounds with the fighters like Frazier.Ernie Shavers and George Foreman in their prime.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back