Any basketball fans here? When did you start following the sport and who is your idol

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
The greatest NBA motivational video of all time

I used to be the biggest NBA fan because of Kobe Bryant. When he retired, I didn't follow it as much. But after watching some motivational videos, it ignited the fire inside of me for my passion for basketball. So many great up and comers who will be hall of famers and legends in due time.

Who got you into the NBA and why?
220px-Kobe_Bryant_warming_up.jpg

Don't follow the sport. But who was the first basketball player you kissed?

The greatest NBA motivational video of all time

I used to be the biggest NBA fan because of Kobe Bryant. When he retired, I didn't follow it as much. But after watching some motivational videos, it ignited the fire inside of me for my passion for basketball. So many great up and comers who will be hall of famers and legends in due time.

Who got you into the NBA and why?
220px-Kobe_Bryant_warming_up.jpg
I used to watch Basketball, when Lou Alcindor was up against Wilt Chamberlain and pushing and shoving were considered fouls. Today, basketball just looks like a bunch of thugs and travelers, like when Michael Jordan would take 4 steps to the basket and not be called for it.

As with soccer (aka "football") one has to respect and admire the level of skill displayed by players at the highest level, but I lost interest when Bird and Magic retired.

The only basketball worth watching is high school.

Had he stayed healthy Bill Walton could have been in the top three of all time.

My favorites are Walton, Bird, Erving, Maravich, Stockton, Drexler, Malone, Jordan.

Kobe was not a favorite at all, couldn't stand his arrogance and attitude toward the game. Jabbar and Chamberlin were great and I loved Meadowlark

Became a fan in the early 2000s watching the Kings-Lakers playoff series. Stuck with it since although I have no team I swear allegiance to as much as individual players.

I've followed basketball since I could walk.
Not that I had a choice. The Old man was the head trainer at WSU and then was signed to the San Diego Rockets who were then bought by Houston in 69 I believe.
Was a ballboy for several years for the Rockets.
Calvin Murphy's wife used to babysit my brother and I and lived around the corner.
Spent a lot of time hanging out with Rudy T's family as well as Olajuwon.
Once I got a little older I'd run into Robert Reed at the club and we'd party our ass off!!!! He always told me "You Better Not Tell Little Trick We've Been Out Drinking!!!!! Little Trick being My Dads nickname among the players.

I have so many stories I could tell about those years it would fill a novel!

The guy in the black suite was my Dad and I was there that night. Horrifying damage to Rudy's face!!

Had he stayed healthy Bill Walton could have been in the top three of all time.

My favorites are Walton, Bird, Erving, Maravich, Stockton, Drexler, Malone, Jordan.

Kobe was not a favorite at all, couldn't stand his arrogance and attitude toward the game. Jabbar and Chamberlin were great and I loved Meadowlark

You're going to leave Olajuwon out of that list?
He absolutely destroyed Robinson after he won MVP.

Forum List

Back