Anti woke nonsense loses appeal to Brits. Country becomes more tolerant as culture wars fizzle out

Interesting results which show the shift in societal attitudes in the UK. The anti immigrant ,anti gay conservative agenda is seemingly moribund.

That can only be a good thing. Hate and cruelty are on the run and this is at ta time when our economy is in the worst shape it has been in for several generations.

Maybe people have realised that oppressing minorities does not make your life better. Or maybe its just that hateful old brexiters are dying out.

Its not good news for our wretched tory party but it is good news for the country. A kinder and more contented Britain may be possible.
If "woke" is absolute non-sense, how can "anti-woke" be?

Are you a dingbat?
Do you just come on here to make personal attacks on people for no reason. Any answer will not be replied to as the above is obviously true. You have had a fight with the woman at home and being so unable to communicate you come on here to be abusive. First post with you. Learnt all I ever want to.

Interesting results which show the shift in societal attitudes in the UK. The anti immigrant ,anti gay conservative agenda is seemingly moribund.

That can only be a good thing. Hate and cruelty are on the run and this is at ta time when our economy is in the worst shape it has been in for several generations.

Maybe people have realised that oppressing minorities does not make your life better. Or maybe its just that hateful old brexiters are dying out.

Its not good news for our wretched tory party but it is good news for the country. A kinder and more contented Britain may be possible.
There may be civil conflict. Sharpen those tea cups and rolling pins.

I was a far-left Democrat and Green Party for 40 years. In 2009, I became an Independent, and in 2016, became a Republican. Today's young people will do the same, and much sooner, seeing as how far more looney the left is now, compared to 13 years ago.

Hey, are you one of those left lunatics who supports killing babies up to 28 days old ?

One of the ones who supports men (posing as women) competing with women in womens' sports ?
Once again you show the absolute paucity of ideas on the right.
Redundnt culture wars are all you have. And people arent buying that crap any more.
Find a solution to inequality,crime,climate crisis, then come back to me.

Once again you show the absolute paucity of ideas on the right.
Redundnt culture wars are all you have. And people arent buying that crap any more.
Find a solution to inequality,crime,climate crisis, then come back to me.
You think I haven't had solutions to those things ? I've had solutions to them for many years.

1, Inequality - the worst inequality in America is Affirmative Action, giving preference to blacks in college admissions, college financial aid, job hiring, job promotion, business loans, et al. Solution ? Ban Affirmative Action discrimination nationwide (currently only banned in 9 states).
Re-elect Donald Trump, who initiated 8,700 "Opportunity Zones" giving financial assistance to small businesses in poor communities, helping them to hire people to jobs.

2. Crime - Stop releasing criminals without bail.
Longer jail time for criminals.
Death penalty for all convicted 1st degree murderers.
Arrest mayors who order police to stand down during riots and traffic blocking. Increase funding to police.
More education in schools regarding, police, guns, and law enforcement.
More guns in pockets of law-abiding citizens.
Abolish Gun free Zones.

3. Climate is not a crisis.

And you didn't answer my questions >>

"Are you one of those left lunatics who supports killing babies up to 28 days old ?"

"One of the ones who supports men (posing as women) competing with women in womens' sports ?"

No. Its a part of it. We need more people of working age though. We also need to reform our democracy and change our tax system.
'Reform democracy' means getting rid of a two-party system? Don't know if it is a good idea. Look at Italy.

'Reform democracy' means getting rid of a two-party system? Don't know if it is a good idea. Look at Italy.
FPTP is holding bck our democracy. In the last election it gave the tories a huge majority with a minority of votes.
We need PR to ensure that every vote counts.
We also need to abolish the monarchy and the unelected house of lords.
I would also abolish foreign ownership of TV.Radio and print media.

FPTP is holding bck our democracy. In the last election it gave the tories a huge majority with a minority of votes.
We need PR to ensure that every vote counts.
We also need to abolish the monarchy and the unelected house of lords.
I would also abolish foreign ownership of TV.Radio and print media.
The strong point of FPTP is that it can exclude extremes from political life. UKIP is one of examples, it got 13% of overall vote but secured only one seat in the parliament.

Electoral districts should be more or less equal with regard of voters numbers. In this case no one party can get the majority with a minority of votes.

Agree about media. But I would go further. Not only foreign ownership, but any monopolization or corporatization of media. Ideally, staff should own the outlet.

The strong point of FPTP is that it can exclude extremes from political life. UKIP is one of examples, it got 13% of overall vote but secured only one seat in the parliament.

Electoral districts should be more or less equal with regard of voters numbers. In this case no one party can get the majority with a minority of votes.

Agree about media. But I would go further. Not only foreign ownership, but any monopolization or corporatization of media. Ideally, staff should own the outlet.
I think we have to trust people. I was always against PR on the basis you mention.

But we have had it in Wales for a few years. UKIP did well around the time of brexit but they have faded away.

None of the other extremist parties have made an impact and the senedd is pretty representative. I would like more Greens but their policies are similar to Plaid and they lose out there.

What has happened in Wales is that tactical voting has died. You vote for who you want to.

So the extremists may get some traction. But in the current system we have extremists who have a limited mandate and there is nothing that can be done.

truss has ripped up many manifesto promises even in the past week ans we are powerless. The tories promised no more fracking but are now greenlighting it. Nobody voted for that and yet here we are.

Planning issues is another issue, care provision, climate change policies. All of this got them voted in and has been dumped.

Forum List

Back