Anti-Christian Hate Crimes in Ohio

It isn't a "hate crime" until we know who did it and why they did it.

^ and there you have it folks

"its only a hate crime if certain people committed it"

Can't read very well can you?

I read just fine. Don't try to deny the context of what you wrote after being busted on it, own it.

Don't try to insert your interpretations into my words or you are just going to make yourself look dumber than the average bear.

So you have a crime of vandalism (spray painting graffitti on churches). That is the only known fact at this point.

What makes it a "hate crime"?

LOL so if some unknown person spray painted "n***er" on a black man's house and burned a cross in his yard you would exclaim

"hold on here folks , we don't yet know how did this, let's hold off on calling it a hate crime?"

LOL yeah right.

No I wouldn't. Not without knowing who did it.

Suppose it was a bunch of kids wanting to freak out a person as a prank? Does that make it a "hate crime"?

Suppose it the man himself did it to try and get attention. Is that a "hate crime"?

I read just fine. Don't try to deny the context of what you wrote after being busted on it, own it.

Don't try to insert your interpretations into my words or you are just going to make yourself look dumber than the average bear.

So you have a crime of vandalism (spray painting graffitti on churches). That is the only known fact at this point.

LOL so if some unknown person spray painted "n***er" on a black man's house and burned a cross in his yard you would exclaim

"hold on here folks , we don't yet know how did this, let's hold off on calling it a hate crime?"

LOL yeah right.

Suppose it was a bunch of kids wanting to freak out a person as a prank? Does that make it a "hate crime"?

Suppose it the man himself did it to try and get attention. Is that a "hate crime"?

The answer to both is yes

18 U.S. Code 249 - Hate crime acts LII Legal Information Institute

and that is in part why i hate this law.

LOL yeah right.

The answer to both is yes

18 U.S. Code 249 - Hate crime acts LII Legal Information Institute

and that is in part why i hate this law.

I don't think so - for example, the following lines:

...because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person

...because of the actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of any person—

...indicate that the crime becomes a "hate crime" when it's committed against a person who is of the actual (the person is known to be a martian) or percieved to be (the person looks kind of like a martian so is assumed to be) member of a racial, ethnic, etc group because of that identity.

If you don't know who committed the crime and why - then it's hard to know if it's a "hate crime".

One superstitious group vandalizing another superstitious group. BFD

Forum List

Back