Another Trump disappointment: Sessions bringing back the War on Some Drug Users

cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
From the Washington Post:

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL!!!

SMH

The Sessions memo marks the first significant criminal justice effort by the Trump administration to bring back the toughest practices of the drug war, which had fallen out of favor in recent years with a bipartisan movement to undo the damaging effects of mass incarceration.
Of all the very serious issues out there, THIS is what Sessions puts out there? The stupid, unwinnable, unjust War on Drugs.

SMH

The solution for this is with Congress, not the Executive. Congress can modify the laws covering illegal drugs with regards to criminality and the degree of punishment. Remember this only involves federal crimes, i.e. transport across the countries borders and State lines.

I'm not happy with Sessions' stance on "legal" marijuana, but I don't think he should be criticized for re-focusing on harsh punishments (within the law) for drug offenders. Whatever they have been doing for the past 8 years, it's not working very well, eh? Can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Sessions, in his role as Javert, will see to it that every Jean Valjean is persecuted prosecuted to the maximum limit of the law. Way to go Jeffy...never give an inch!

SMH

Not sourced! No specifics of the "tough" practices!

You are truly the troll of the trolls.

I doubt he is talking about weed, but heroine and meth are becoming sweeping epidemics in this country. You are proof thereof.

We need to combat it so numbnutz like you don't rob old ladies for a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This isn't a war on drugs. It's a war on violence. Unfortunately, violence and drugs are closely intertwined. It is a commentary on how bad we have become, how evil we have become that have so many people not only willing to accept violence, but supporting violence just to protect drug use. Users will sell their children for a fix and watch them killed. Send the drug freaks to Colombia where they will be at home.

SMH

build the fucking wall //

ANOTHER GOOD ONE !

BBBAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the Trump drones are on FIRE this AM !

Trump ran on tougher drug enforcement. You may be dissapointed he won but that's how it works. I do not believe drugs are harmless, they are devastating to society.

the Trump drones are on FIRE this AM !
Yeah brainchild, the wall should be up by now.

SMH

Is that where we're at? Are we embracing the lawlessness?
I wonder if that's how our higher grade citizens feel?
We want to compromise, make concessions and tailor our laws to better fit our lowest grade citizens?
I may be confused...am I missing something here?

This isn't a war on drugs. It's a war on violence.

Just like alcohol prohibition, the laws themselves are the cause of the violence. You're right though, it's not a war on drugs, it's a fascist policy-war on American Citizens who use non-government approved (non-taxed) recreational substances. Unlike Prohibition, the violence is mostly in other countries that the US press doesn't cover, so there is hardly any US outrage over that violence.

These are active gang members whose activities reach far beyond drugs. Yet, it's just insane to see how much users will accept just to protect drugs. They will accept sex slavery, murder, kidnappings, torture. Users will let drug addicts create carnage on the streets and highways. They seem to have a particular affinity for those who die in the streets with the needle still in their arms.

If you legalize the drugs, you will have more drug addicts, more death and far, far more violence. This is just acceptable to users. Their lives revolve around the next high, the next fix. Why shouldn't every one else's lives revolve around drugs too.

SMH

Is that where we're at? Are we embracing the lawlessness?
I wonder if that's how our higher grade citizens feel?
We want to compromise, make concessions and tailor our laws to better fit our lowest grade citizens?
I may be confused...am I missing something here?

Imo, there is no one so low than the ones who tell other folks what they can or cannot do for recreation. As long at that recreation doesn't impose on anyone else's rights, wtf do you care what your (other than higher grade citizen) do?

I'm not happy with Sessions' stance on "legal" marijuana, but I don't think he should be criticized for re-focusing on harsh punishments (within the law) for drug offenders. Whatever they have been doing for the past 8 years, it's not working very well, eh? Can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

8 Years? How about since Reagan?

A buddy of mine's wife used to tell him: "don't forget to smoke your birth control"....reefer shrinks your nuts, dumbass. I mean, look at heavy users....they're pretty much female. :gay:

Forum List

Back