Another Tech Giant Leaving Silicon Valley

California has long considered itself insulated from the rest of the country in terms of taxes and regulation, just as America in general has with regard to the rest of the world.

Bad idea. There's a breaking to this stuff, and you've gotta keep your eye on that.

More than any other state, CA relies on taxes on billionaires.

It's going to keep happening until they lower taxes and decrease regulations.

Not to worry, Biden will raise taxes on everyone to teach them a lesson, then they'll move out of the country to teach the country a lesson.

California has long considered itself insulated from the rest of the country in terms of taxes and regulation, just as America in general has with regard to the rest of the world.

Bad idea. There's a breaking to this stuff, and you've gotta keep your eye on that.
California is fortunate that it is across from our future East Asia masters. The trade to their ports is massive. That is why the Southern States need to align and get the Costa Rican Canal built. So the trade can bypass California and go to Southern Ports. The buildup of the Ports and the infrastructure around them would be enormous. New roads and growth potential for the new power brokers of this nation. Even if separated.

As the quality of life in CA declines, more and more companies and billionaires will follow. Couldn't happen to a nicer State.

If California was a country, it would have the world's 5th largest economy. I doubt a few companies leaving will cause much problem.

As the productive leave and the population is backfield by the nonproductive, that will change.

Why do you care what is happenis in california? Unless you live there? I surely don't care. It does not matter at all to most people.

Taking a look at the 2019 revenue for some of the companies leaving California.

Hewlett Packard - $58.8 Billion
Tesla - $24.6 Billion
Oracle - $39.5 Billion

Damn lot of revenue leaving the “golden” state.

The people of California deserve everything happening to them because they've elected this regressive radical government for years. I'd say I don't care what happens to the state if not for the fact that many of those retards move here to Nevada to escape, but keep electing the same destructive politicians to ultimately ruin ours.

Oracle leaves Silicon Valley…
Oracle is implementing a more flexible employee work location policy and has changed its Corporate Headquarters from Redwood City, California to Austin, Texas. We believe these moves best position Oracle for growth and provide our personnel with more flexibility about where and how they work,” a spokesperson confirmed to CNBC.

And Hewlett-Packard and Tesla all joining migration of
Number Of Californians Moving To Texas Up 36 Percent In A Year
Nearly 564,000 people moved into the state in 2018, according to the realtors, which averages out to more than 1,500 people per day.
Texas also added nearly 202,000 new residents who came from outside the United States.

Way to go!!!

I hear the cost of doing business is high in California. I know people in the tech field.

Cool...more liberals moving to Texas.

When they see how much more of their money they can keep, will they still be commies, I kind of doubt it.

They are already rich, or they wouldn't have a company to move. If they were gonna be right wing, it would have already happened.

Not talking about the owners, I'm talking about the worker bees, that's where the numbers are. Depending on the jurisdiction the TX sales tax is up to 2.25% less than commiefornia and TX has zero personal income tax. But the millionaires would save about 17% on the total commiefornia tax burden and that doesn't include reduced property taxes. Hopefully those kind of savings will give some folks an attitude adjustment.

Why do you care what is happenis in california? Unless you live there? I surely don't care. It does not matter at all to most people.
Mexifornia is the gateway from Mexico...Mexico has sent there people here to influence our elections...Mexico has stole CA, NV, AZ, NM and eventually Texas for the party willing to promise the most free shit and pretend they are suppose to be here.
If good real core Americans wanted to live among Mexicans they’d move to Mexico.

The same people who complain about taxes and labor costs are ok with businesses going overseas. Hypocrites
either you believe in america or not.

Cool...more liberals moving to Texas.

When they see how much more of their money they can keep, will they still be commies, I kind of doubt it.

They are already rich, or they wouldn't have a company to move. If they were gonna be right wing, it would have already happened.

Not talking about the owners, I'm talking about the worker bees, that's where the numbers are. Depending on the jurisdiction the TX sales tax is up to 2.25% less than commiefornia and TX has zero personal income tax. But the millionaires would save about 17% on the total commiefornia tax burden and that doesn't include reduced property taxes. Hopefully those kind of savings will give some folks an attitude adjustment.

You don't think lots of those worker bees will follow the hive?

Forum List

Back