Another "Reality" TV show busted for being fake

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Oct 22, 2008
Illinois
This time, it's Real Housewives of Orange County. If the producers label this kind of crap as "reality", and yet stage certain on-camera dramas, they should be punished for at least false advertising.

Radar Online recently reported that leaked text messages from “Real Housewives of Orange County” star Vicki Gunvalson showed that certain scenes on her hit Bravo series were planned ahead and faked for cameras. According to the texts, Gunvalson’s daughter’s wedding was scripted, not a spur-of-the-moment surprise captured by the cameras.
So is anything we see on so-called “reality TV” actually real?

Read more: 'Real Housewives' reportedly faked scenes: Is anything on reality TV real? | Fox News

Nothing is real, even with those cooking shows. A lot is scripted and they go over and over it to get just the right emotion etc.

This time, it's Real Housewives of Orange County. If the producers label this kind of crap as "reality", and yet stage certain on-camera dramas, they should be punished for at least false advertising.

Radar Online recently reported that leaked text messages from “Real Housewives of Orange County” star Vicki Gunvalson showed that certain scenes on her hit Bravo series were planned ahead and faked for cameras. According to the texts, Gunvalson’s daughter’s wedding was scripted, not a spur-of-the-moment surprise captured by the cameras.

Read more: 'Real Housewives' reportedly faked scenes: Is anything on reality TV real? | Fox News

If you watch shows like that you should be punished. No Wait! You are being punished. Your brain is being rotted.

Nothing is real, even with those cooking shows. A lot is scripted and they go over and over it to get just the right emotion etc.

the french chef

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lblMBlQtT4o]FRENCH-CHEF - YouTube[/ame]

that pawn show from Detroit is also fake.

too bad, as sometimes its funny.

that pawn show from Detroit is also fake.

too bad, as sometimes its funny.
Of course you're writing about Hardcore Pawn, which is a real pawn shop but a totally staged tv production very little if any of which is spontaneous and real.

While Lester Gold is barely a tolerable personality I can't help wishing to see one of those irate customer stereotypes freak out and go to work on Seth with a straight razor. As for Ashley, she is by far the ugliest human female I've ever seen. Not only physically. There is something inside her that seeps out and stinks.

There is a Chicago version of this supposed "reality" show. The store is much smaller but the proprietors are not at all hateful, as are the Golds.

If they were going to be honest, they'd call the show Fake Boobs and Tans of Orange County.

I'm surprised that they get away with the flagrant dishonesty inherent in "reality shows". I believed what I saw in the Discovery Channel show about the apparent existence of "mermaids" but I was later informed that the video stuff was faked and the alleged experts were actors.

Forum List

Back