Another Postal Worker Tossing the Mail

he was a part timer....we had lots of experience with them,most of them quit after a week or two....they get what they deserved for hiring them...and they were told years ago this kind of stuff would be common....my last few years there we had 3-4 fired for non-delivery of mail...but yet they still hire them....

This is just scandalous and people need to start spending some serious prison time for this crime.

Thousands of pieces of mail dumped in woods; USPS launches investigation
people do go to jail for that...

are you under the impression they dont?
it depends....sometimes they are just fired...this guy was pretty stupid,but being he was a temp he did not realize that once they see all this mail dumped in the same place,all they have to do is look at the post marks on the 1st class and the bar codes and they will know what day the mail was supposed to be delivered and who the carrier was that day...

This is just scandalous and people need to start spending some serious prison time for this crime.

it depends....sometimes they are just fired...this guy was pretty stupid,but being he was a temp he did not realize that once they see all this mail dumped in the same place,all they have to do is look at the post marks on the 1st class and the bar codes and they will know what day the mail was supposed to be delivered and who the carrier was that day...
either way the actions have consequences.

JimBowie1958 seems to think that this is both common and unpunished.

either way the actions have consequences.

JimBowie1958 seems to think that this is both common and unpunished.
the newsgirl said he was a casual part timer,when i was still there he was what they call a TE ( temporary employee) he was hired to work for 3 months with a second 3 month term if the Supervisor thought you were worth it....i dont know how many months he was into it,but im sure he is gone.....they were warned about hiring these kind of employees...

The post office should hire Americans again.

they do...everyone i worked with was an American or a foreign born person who had become a citizen.....there are a few exceptions like a lawful permanent resident alien or a citizen of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance to the United States......but they are few and far between.....30-35% of its employees are Veterans...

In the post offices in LA County I have been in, probably 50, not a single one had anyone working there that could remotely be referred to as an American no matter what citizenship they had. The problem with hiring foreigners (or unfortunately some blacks) with limited English skills is that they cannot read. The addresses are incomprehensible so they throw the mail away especially if they can't figure it out.

Wasn't there a civil service exam that people had to take at one time? Are they now given in multiple languages?

In the post offices in LA County I have been in, probably 50, not a single one had anyone working there that could remotely be referred to as an American no matter what citizenship they had. The problem with hiring foreigners (or unfortunately some blacks) with limited English skills is that they cannot read. The addresses are incomprehensible so they throw the mail away especially if they can't figure it out.

Wasn't there a civil service exam that people had to take at one time? Are they now given in multiple languages?
not a single one had anyone working there that could remotely be referred to as an American no matter what citizenship they had.
oh here we go....more bullshit from the queen of the bullshitters.....and if they cant read you stupid fuck they would not have passed the civil service exam which is in English...

not a single one had anyone working there that could remotely be referred to as an American no matter what citizenship they had.
oh here we go....more bullshit from the queen of the bullshitters.....and if they cant read you stupid fuck they would not have passed the civil service exam which is in English...
Do they still give civil service exams? Isn't that discriminatory? You must have a reason why they throw the mail away. Laziness?

Do they still give civil service exams? Isn't that discriminatory? You must have a reason why they throw the mail away. Laziness?
Do they still give civil service exams?
they have been doing it for decades....
Isn't that discriminatory?
why?....
You must have a reason why they throw the mail away. Laziness?
yes and knowing after 3 months you wont be working there anymore,those people get paid much less and get zero benefits,so dont give a shit....i dont feel sorry for the PO,they were warned years ago about this....

You must have a reason why they throw the mail away. Laziness?
yes and knowing after 3 months you wont be working there anymore,those people get paid much less and get zero benefits,so dont give a shit....i dont feel sorry for the PO,they were warned years ago about this....
The HR onboarding of new/temp employees must be improved.
These employees should be strongly warned during orientation that discarding mail is a major offense with major penalties, and that they will be tested for their delivery reliability.

Forum List

Back