Another Nail In His Coffin.....

Of the 12 generally agreed upon toss up states, Obama is ahead in 10 of them. Of those 10 he needs to win 4 or 5. Romney needs to win 3 of the largest ones and two others. If he hasn't gotten traction in 8 years of running, it's not as if anyone doesn't know who he is.

The Governor's negatives are up near 50%, there is a very small portion of voters who are undecided, and what could have been a game changer was wasted on a Congressman from Nowheresville, WI whose only major accomplishment in the last 6 years was tossed into the water the moment he climbed on board.

On the flip side, the President has been a good president, Not Great. I'd give him a B+ grading on the curve that the Republican Congress would not do anything and continue to impede and obstruct.

He saved the American Auto Industry--Romney wanted it to go bankrupt. He passed the ACA which has some very good and very popular aspects to it. He re-focused our war on terror. We're no longer swapping steel in Iraq and OBL and several of his lieutenants are dead.

Good, not great. Certainly better than what McCain would have done. The Governor's ideas going forward are basically what Bush 43 did; cut taxes on the wealthy and reduce regulation to let Wall Street get "creative" once more. We've seen what will happen when nobody is looking. Did you know Monsanto is actually patenting seeds that do not re-produce? In other words, every year, the farmers have to buy fresh seeds where as in all of human history, seeds came from the plants that they grew.

Monsanto ~ Food, Inc. Movie and Seed Patents

On the personal side, the Governor isn't convincing many to vote for him with money that would otherwise be taxed hiding overseas. While this is legal, it's hardly Presidential.

I still think governor Romney will beat president Obama. Take a look at the Rasmussen tracking, the governor has been in lead most of the time. You can say that the popular vote doesn't matter that much, that it's all up to the electoral college. But I will tell you that very few times in the American history a president won the electoral college without winning the popular vote. And as far as today Romney has a 4 points advantage. I think this is Romney's election to lose, not Obama's.

It would be another nail in the coffin of the Electoral College if that happens. I would be fine with that by all means. If you think it's Romney's to lose even though he's behind in almost all swing states...feel free. If facts won't change your mind--that the electoral college matters; not the PV---nothing will.

I'm not 100% convinced Romney will win. But I will be surprised if he doesn't. It's just that some of you in the left are so confident, you are almost 100% certain. And THAT to me is what seems to be ignoring the facts.

I still think governor Romney will beat president Obama. Take a look at the Rasmussen tracking, the governor has been in lead most of the time. You can say that the popular vote doesn't matter that much, that it's all up to the electoral college. But I will tell you that very few times in the American history a president won the electoral college without winning the popular vote. And as far as today Romney has a 4 points advantage. I think this is Romney's election to lose, not Obama's.

It would be another nail in the coffin of the Electoral College if that happens. I would be fine with that by all means. If you think it's Romney's to lose even though he's behind in almost all swing states...feel free. If facts won't change your mind--that the electoral college matters; not the PV---nothing will.

I'm not 100% convinced Romney will win. But I will be surprised if he doesn't. It's just that some of you in the left are so confident, you are almost 100% certain. And THAT to me is what seems to be ignoring the facts.

What facts would that be? That a right-leaning polling firm that only uses robo-calls has the Governor Ahead in a nationwide poll that is, by definition, meaningless because it's not a nationwide popular vote? Yes, I am ignoring it; it's in-congruent with the criterion for winning the Presidency.

Any other facts?

Not that it is really necessary, as the wisdom of the American people is about to redeem the White House from the pretender....but:

1. "Poll: 90 million will not vote in November

2. Washington, DC — There is a large pool of Americans who do not intend to vote in November--about 40 percent of eligible adults--according to a new USA Today/Suffolk University poll.

3. Most of the non-voters would choose Barack Obama over Mitt Romney, according to the poll.

4. The last presidential election, in 2008, saw the highest voter turnout since 1960, but still almost 80 million didn’t vote.

5. There is also a heavy negative tone to this year’s campaign. WSB talk show host Erik Erickson, speaking with Scott Slade Wednesday on Atlanta's Morning News, says that is actually a political strategy.

6. “When you go really, really negative, you keep independents at home. They won’t go vote. They feel disengaged from the process,”...
Poll: 90 million will not vote in November | www.wsbradio.com

Then there's this:

"More Republicans than Democrats are engaged in the presidential contest and voter turnout could decrease compared with the 2008 election, according to a Gallup poll on Monday.
Seventy-four percent of Republicans said they’re thinking about the election “quite a lot,” compared to 61 percent of Democrats, the USA Today/Gallup survey found."

Read more: Poll: GOP more engaged in 2012 - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

I've been saying this for a very long time...

The debates will be the nail in the coffin..... What actual explanation other than blame does Obama have for his lack of "hope and change?"

Informed voters aren't gong to buy his blame this or that bullshit when it comes to debates and that's all he has.....

Seriously what is Obama going to say "vote for me because I try and don't vote for Romney because hes too successful?"

What facts would that be? That a right-leaning polling firm that only uses robo-calls has the Governor Ahead in a nationwide poll that is, by definition, meaningless because it's not a nationwide popular vote? Yes, I am ignoring it; it's in-congruent with the criterion for winning the Presidency.

Any other facts?

Like it or not, Rasmussen has the most accurate polls! Check out their polls for past elections, and the actual results. They are VERY accurate.

Obama is practically a shoo-in at this point.

Only an unforeseen calamity well beyond the natural ebb and flow of politics can beat him.

I think that at this point most people paying atention to this election cycle think the opposite of what you said is much more likely. Most people at this point think Obama will be out come 2013 and Romney will be the next president. Anyway, I'm curious, you seem to be just so convinced... it's based on what? Or is it just your wishful thinking?

It's based on the fact that

1. he's an incumbent and the incumbent has extremely high odds of winning

2. the economy is expanding

3. he is far more favorably viewed than Romney

4. Romney is an awful candidate who made an awful VP choice.

5. most Americans believe the economy is improving

6. Obama has a favorable rating on foreign policy, which is a huge plus for a Democrat.

7. Obama has an overall approval of around 47 - 48 percent. He's not Jimmy Carter, despite the endless comparisons. Carter had an approval rating of 32% when he lost.

Obama has 91 electoral votes to work with from 2008. That means enough states to total 91 electoral votes have to flip for him to lose.

That's a big number especially after you take out the states that aren't in play.

All this jabber about North Carolina, or Indiana, or Virginia...meaningless. He can lose them and still win.

In fact, all he needs to win is to win what Kerry won in 2004, plus Ohio, and he's looking very good in all of that Rust Belt region.

Any other facts?

Like it or not, Rasmussen has the most accurate polls! Check out their polls for past elections, and the actual results. They are VERY accurate.

And Rasmussen has the following:

Obama: 247 - Romney: 206 - Toss-up: 85

The President needs to win 23 of 85 (about a quarter).
The Governor needs to win 64 of 85 (about 3 quarters).

Or do you contest that it takes 270 to win?

It's comical that you and others still feel the governor has a chance--without major help by Obama I should add--by using any yardstick; it's downright hilarious that you do the same when you use your own measurements.

Forum List

Back