Another Nail In His Coffin.....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not that it is really necessary, as the wisdom of the American people is about to redeem the White House from the pretender....but:

1. "Poll: 90 million will not vote in November

2. Washington, DC — There is a large pool of Americans who do not intend to vote in November--about 40 percent of eligible adults--according to a new USA Today/Suffolk University poll.

3. Most of the non-voters would choose Barack Obama over Mitt Romney, according to the poll.

4. The last presidential election, in 2008, saw the highest voter turnout since 1960, but still almost 80 million didn’t vote.

5. There is also a heavy negative tone to this year’s campaign. WSB talk show host Erik Erickson, speaking with Scott Slade Wednesday on Atlanta's Morning News, says that is actually a political strategy.

6. “When you go really, really negative, you keep independents at home. They won’t go vote. They feel disengaged from the process,”...
Poll: 90 million will not vote in November | www.wsbradio.com

Then there's this:

"More Republicans than Democrats are engaged in the presidential contest and voter turnout could decrease compared with the 2008 election, according to a Gallup poll on Monday.
Seventy-four percent of Republicans said they’re thinking about the election “quite a lot,” compared to 61 percent of Democrats, the USA Today/Gallup survey found."

Read more: Poll: GOP more engaged in 2012 - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

"The long-term trend tends to be awful," Gans says. "There's a lot of lack of trust in our leaders, a lack of positive feelings about political institutions, a lack of quality education for large segments of the public, a lack of civic education, the fragmenting effects of waves of communications technology, the cynicism of the coverage of politics — I could go on with a long litany."

Democrats are depending on the large percentages they saw in 2008. They just may not see them this time around.

"The long-term trend tends to be awful," Gans says. "There's a lot of lack of trust in our leaders, a lack of positive feelings about political institutions, a lack of quality education for large segments of the public, a lack of civic education, the fragmenting effects of waves of communications technology, the cynicism of the coverage of politics — I could go on with a long litany."

Democrats are depending on the large percentages they saw in 2008. They just may not see them this time around.

I believe that the following is closer to reality....

"(CNN) - A former four-term Democratic congressman from Alabama and one time strong supporter of President Barack Obama will campaign for Mitt Romney Wednesday.

A Romney campaign aide confirms to CNN that Artur Davis will stump for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee in the battleground state of Virginia.

Davis, who is black, may be best known for seconding Obama's nomination at the Democratic National Convention in 2008, when he served as an Obama campaign co-chairman. Davis said he had hoped Obama's presidency would make a huge dent in race relations, as well as move the Democratic Party further to the center."
Former Obama campaign co-chair to stump for Romney – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Another realist turning away from Obama....

...how could it be otherwise?

Not that it is really necessary, as the wisdom of the American people is about to redeem the White House from the pretender....but:

2. Washington, DC — There is a large pool of Americans who do not intend to vote in November--about 40 percent of eligible adults--according to a new USA Today/Suffolk University poll.

3. Most of the non-voters would choose Barack Obama over Mitt Romney, according to the poll.

4. The last presidential election, in 2008, saw the highest voter turnout since 1960, but still almost 80 million didn’t vote.

5. There is also a heavy negative tone to this year’s campaign. WSB talk show host Erik Erickson, speaking with Scott Slade Wednesday on Atlanta's Morning News, says that is actually a political strategy.

6. “When you go really, really negative, you keep independents at home. They won’t go vote. They feel disengaged from the process,”...

Then there's this:

"More Republicans than Democrats are engaged in the presidential contest and voter turnout could decrease compared with the 2008 election, according to a Gallup poll on Monday.
Seventy-four percent of Republicans said they’re thinking about the election “quite a lot,” compared to 61 percent of Democrats, the USA Today/Gallup survey found."

# 3. Most of the non-voters would choose Barack Obama over Mitt Romney, according to the poll.

One of the the reasons given for not voting for him this coming November, are "disappointment in Obama's failure to deliver on Hope and Change."

Last edited:

Then there's this:

That Gallup Poll with the 13 point R lead in excitement/engament in the election is what frightens the D's.

You can see that excitement reflected in the attendance numbers at rallies. That's really rattling the left.

The other point on this was of course donations; that not only has Romney just killed Obama in fundraising the past 3 months running but I saw that the R superpacs had raised I think it was 120 something million vs the D superpacs only raising 31 million.

:D

I don't have a link, but I did hear that in key battle ground states, democratic registration is down 800k, where as republican registration is down 71k.

Then there's this:

given our choices, or lack thereof, it's kind of hard to get excited about voting....

They must have completely Ignored 2010 then.

Obama is practically a shoo-in at this point.

Only an unforeseen calamity well beyond the natural ebb and flow of politics can beat him.

RCP has it a 4 Point lead. and The Conventions have not even happened yet. Calling anyone a Shoo-in or Practically one at this point. Is extremely Ignorant.

Last edited:
I don't have a link, but I did hear that in key battle ground states, democratic registration is down 800k, where as republican registration is down 71k.

It is very important to Note that those Figures if I heard right, and I am not 100% certain. Were based on 2010, when Dem Turn out was Way down, and Republican Turn out was Way up.

Which makes it even worse news for the Dems.

Only an unforeseen calamity well beyond the natural ebb and flow of politics can beat him.

I think that at this point most people paying atention to this election cycle think the opposite of what you said is much more likely. Most people at this point think Obama will be out come 2013 and Romney will be the next president. Anyway, I'm curious, you seem to be just so convinced... it's based on what? Or is it just your wishful thinking?

I think that at this point most people paying atention to this election cycle think the opposite of what you said is much more likely. Most people at this point think Obama will be out come 2013 and Romney will be the next president. Anyway, I'm curious, you seem to be just so convinced... it's based on what? Or is it just your wishful thinking?

Of the 12 generally agreed upon toss up states, Obama is ahead in 10 of them. Of those 10 he needs to win 4 or 5. Romney needs to win 3 of the largest ones and two others. If he hasn't gotten traction in 8 years of running, it's not as if anyone doesn't know who he is.

The Governor's negatives are up near 50%, there is a very small portion of voters who are undecided, and what could have been a game changer was wasted on a Congressman from Nowheresville, WI whose only major accomplishment in the last 6 years was tossed into the water the moment he climbed on board.

On the flip side, the President has been a good president, Not Great. I'd give him a B+ grading on the curve that the Republican Congress would not do anything and continue to impede and obstruct.

He saved the American Auto Industry--Romney wanted it to go bankrupt. He passed the ACA which has some very good and very popular aspects to it. He re-focused our war on terror. We're no longer swapping steel in Iraq and OBL and several of his lieutenants are dead.

Good, not great. Certainly better than what McCain would have done. The Governor's ideas going forward are basically what Bush 43 did; cut taxes on the wealthy and reduce regulation to let Wall Street get "creative" once more. We've seen what will happen when nobody is looking. Did you know Monsanto is actually patenting seeds that do not re-produce? In other words, every year, the farmers have to buy fresh seeds where as in all of human history, seeds came from the plants that they grew.

Monsanto ~ Food, Inc. Movie and Seed Patents

On the personal side, the Governor isn't convincing many to vote for him with money that would otherwise be taxed hiding overseas. While this is legal, it's hardly Presidential.

Of the 12 generally agreed upon toss up states, Obama is ahead in 10 of them. Of those 10 he needs to win 4 or 5. Romney needs to win 3 of the largest ones and two others. If he hasn't gotten traction in 8 years of running, it's not as if anyone doesn't know who he is.

The Governor's negatives are up near 50%, there is a very small portion of voters who are undecided, and what could have been a game changer was wasted on a Congressman from Nowheresville, WI whose only major accomplishment in the last 6 years was tossed into the water the moment he climbed on board.

On the flip side, the President has been a good president, Not Great. I'd give him a B+ grading on the curve that the Republican Congress would not do anything and continue to impede and obstruct.

He saved the American Auto Industry--Romney wanted it to go bankrupt. He passed the ACA which has some very good and very popular aspects to it. He re-focused our war on terror. We're no longer swapping steel in Iraq and OBL and several of his lieutenants are dead.

Good, not great. Certainly better than what McCain would have done. The Governor's ideas going forward are basically what Bush 43 did; cut taxes on the wealthy and reduce regulation to let Wall Street get "creative" once more. We've seen what will happen when nobody is looking. Did you know Monsanto is actually patenting seeds that do not re-produce? In other words, every year, the farmers have to buy fresh seeds where as in all of human history, seeds came from the plants that they grew.

On the personal side, the Governor isn't convincing many to vote for him with money that would otherwise be taxed hiding overseas. While this is legal, it's hardly Presidential.

I still think governor Romney will beat president Obama. Take a look at the Rasmussen tracking, the governor has been in lead most of the time. You can say that the popular vote doesn't matter that much, that it's all up to the electoral college. But I will tell you that very few times in the American history a president won the electoral college without winning the popular vote. And as far as today Romney has a 4 points advantage. I think this is Romney's election to lose, not Obama's.

I still think governor Romney will beat president Obama. Take a look at the Rasmussen tracking, the governor has been in lead most of the time. You can say that the popular vote doesn't matter that much, that it's all up to the electoral college. But I will tell you that very few times in the American history a president won the electoral college without winning the popular vote. And as far as today Romney has a 4 points advantage. I think this is Romney's election to lose, not Obama's.

It would be another nail in the coffin of the Electoral College if that happens. I would be fine with that by all means. If you think it's Romney's to lose even though he's behind in almost all swing states...feel free. If facts won't change your mind--that the electoral college matters; not the PV---nothing will.

Forum List

Back