Another lie debunked- Democrats not legislating

they haven't done anything except complain about Trump --plain and simple
...same as you and all of your buddies since 2016

We hear these republicans lying about what democrats are not doing. Just like everything else, this is fake news.

Democrats in Congress are getting things done. Trump and Republicans are just ignoring them.
By Ella Nilsen May 24, 2019

President Donald Trump is angry at House Democrats for “getting nothing done in Congress.” He may want to quarrel with his own party instead.

Trump released a tweet tirade on Thursday morning admonishing Democrats for not making enough progress on infrastructure, health care, and veterans issues. The tweet came after an explosive meeting on infrastructure between Trump and Democrats the day before, which the president walked out of.

“Their heart is not into Infrastructure, lower drug prices, pre-existing conditions and our great Vets,” Trump tweeted. “All they are geared up to do, six committees, is squander time, day after day, trying to find anything which will be bad for me.”

Trump is objectively wrong; House Democrats haven’t been squandering time. In addition to their investigations, they’ve been passing legislation at a rapid clip. In all, the House has taken up 51 bills, resolutions, and suspensions since January — 49 of which they’ve passed. This includes a slate of bills to attempt to end the longest government shutdown in history, the result of a protracted fight between Trump and Congress over border wall funding.

Ironically, over the past two weeks, the House has passed bills to address most of the issues Trump mentioned in his tweet. They recently passed a bill to lower prescription drug prices, and another one to protect preexisting conditions. The House also passed nine bills on veterans issues this week alone, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi noted at her weekly press conference. On Thursday, Democrats tried to present Trump their infrastructure plan before he walked out of their meeting.

So if the House is passing all these bills, why does it seem like Congress isn’t getting anything done? Welcome to the reality of divided government in Washington. The vast majority of House Democrats’ agenda has hit a dead end in the Republican-controlled Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has dubbed himself the “grim reaper” of Democratic legislation.

Democrats in Congress are getting things done. Trump and Republicans are just ignoring them.

at a glance I notice the things you listed were not within constitutional authority for the feds to do,,,

so what they did do was to piss on the constitution

and youre still a racist,,,

Wrong.

and yet you failed to explain how I was wrong,,,

You have failed to show the unconstitutionality of what democrats have done, nor can you post any racism by me. STFU.

as per the 10th amendment the burden falls on you to show where that authority exist

We hear these republicans lying about what democrats are not doing. Just like everything else, this is fake news.

President Donald Trump is angry at House Democrats for “getting nothing done in Congress.” He may want to quarrel with his own party instead.

Trump released a tweet tirade on Thursday morning admonishing Democrats for not making enough progress on infrastructure, health care, and veterans issues. The tweet came after an explosive meeting on infrastructure between Trump and Democrats the day before, which the president walked out of.

“Their heart is not into Infrastructure, lower drug prices, pre-existing conditions and our great Vets,” Trump tweeted. “All they are geared up to do, six committees, is squander time, day after day, trying to find anything which will be bad for me.”

Trump is objectively wrong; House Democrats haven’t been squandering time. In addition to their investigations, they’ve been passing legislation at a rapid clip. In all, the House has taken up 51 bills, resolutions, and suspensions since January — 49 of which they’ve passed. This includes a slate of bills to attempt to end the longest government shutdown in history, the result of a protracted fight between Trump and Congress over border wall funding.

Ironically, over the past two weeks, the House has passed bills to address most of the issues Trump mentioned in his tweet. They recently passed a bill to lower prescription drug prices, and another one to protect preexisting conditions. The House also passed nine bills on veterans issues this week alone, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi noted at her weekly press conference. On Thursday, Democrats tried to present Trump their infrastructure plan before he walked out of their meeting.

So if the House is passing all these bills, why does it seem like Congress isn’t getting anything done? Welcome to the reality of divided government in Washington. The vast majority of House Democrats’ agenda has hit a dead end in the Republican-controlled Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has dubbed himself the “grim reaper” of Democratic legislation.

at a glance I notice the things you listed were not within constitutional authority for the feds to do,,,

Wrong.

You have failed to show the unconstitutionality of what democrats have done, nor can you post any racism by me. STFU.

as per the 10th amendment the burden falls on you to show where that authority exist

Since article 6, clause 2 supersedes the tenth amendment, I don't have to show your tenther ass a damn thing. Move along junior.

Wrong.

Since article 6, clause 2 supersedes the tenth amendment, I don't have to show your tenther ass a damn thing. Move along junior.

and yet again you fail to show how,,,

so forgive me if I dont believe a racist like you

sorry if its not there they cant do it,,,

Interesting. If they really wanted to get things done instead of just pretending, they would recognize the reality of the situation and collaborate with the Senate and the president to craft legislation that all could agree on. You know, like statesmen are expected to do. That's not what they want, though.

Exercises in futility don't count as governing. They just pass shit so they can bitch that McConnell won't bring them to a vote. Trump would never sign them if by some miracle one would pass the senate.

Since they haven't done that...

Keep telling yourself that race baiter. They just have a few days to pass spending bills the president will sign, or they will cause a partial government shutdown. Ya think they'll get it done?

There are things I can call you, but you'd start crying like the punk, pussy, pink flowered panty wearing bitch you are about me being a racist. So I would suggest you shut up whining about race baiting that doesn't happen and learn to stand up to pee like a man. Democrats have passed bills and they sit in the senate. And you repussycans didn't show up to work for most of the Obama administration. So don't ask me any questions.

Poor little race baiter, I'll bet you never called the dempussycans out on allowing house bills to die in the senate when Reid was the majority leader. If you commies didn't have your hypocrisy you be totally void of anything.

Wrong.

Poor little ignorant race baiter, the topics he highlighted would fall under Article 1, not Article 6. I guess you're illiterate as well.

Last edited:

What bills? Give us 5 to ponder.

Forum List

Back