Another Hollywood person who actually gets it

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Hollywood filmmaker David Zucker, a lifelong Democrat who once advised ex-president Bill Clinton (news - web sites), has unveiled a new movie lampooning Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry (news - web sites).

Famed for his blockbuster comedies "Airplane!," "Naked Gun," and "Ruthless People," Zucker has branded the Democrat an indecisive flip-flopper and thrown the power of his wit behind President George W. Bush (news - web sites).

The mocking attack came in a new film released by the Republican-supporting group Club for Growth just days ahead of the November 2 election that promised to be one of the closest races for the White House.

"I was really a liberal Democrat until 9/11," said Zucker, referring to the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on US targets.

"There is no question in my mind that President Bush (news - web sites) is doing a great job fighting the war on terror.

"We can't trust Kerry to do that. I wanted to do something, but since no one was asking me to make policy speeches I made this ad," Zucker said in a statement.

Hollywood is traditionally very Democratic-leaning and one film producer who came out as a Republican in Tinseltown said recently that people reacted as if he had been "exposed as a serial killer."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/afp/20041026/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_kerry_film
If only there were more people in Hollywood like this.

tim_duncan2000 said:
If only there were more people in Hollywood like this.

There are a few trickling out here and there. Ron Silver, Dennis Miller, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the wife from "Everybody Loves Raymond" (sorry, I don't watch that many sitcoms). In fact, I wish I could remember her name because she had a great quote too. She said she was at a dinner and politics came up. When she was asked a question she said, "Actually, I'm voting for Bush." She said judging from the looks she got from around the table you would have though she pulled down her pants and taken a dump on the floor.

Yes my mom told me about him and I thought she must have gotten her info wrong.........I owe her an apology :hail: LOL

Forum List

Back