Another former Tuskegee Airman robbed and carjacked

Rotagilla

Gold Member
May 27, 2014
Well, now add St. Louis to the cities in America where former members of the Tuskegee Airmen have been robbed and carjacked (by fellow blacks). [ Elderly Tuskegee Airman has car and cash stolen while lost in St. Louis, Fox2Now.com, August 17, 2015]:

A 93-year-old Tuskegee Airman had his car stolen and was robbed in two separate incidents on Sunday night.
The robbery happened Sunday at McPherson and Sarah in North St. Louis.
Police say the victim got lost while driving to his daughter’s home Sunday at around 11:30am.

The 93-year-old man pulled over to call his daughter.
A man approached and entered the victim’s vehicle. The suspect took cash from the victim’s pant pocket.
Then the suspect then got into another vehicle and left the scene.
The victim lost sight of the older model black four door vehicle near the intersection of Walton and Page.

The victim drove to the intersection of Walton and Page.

The elderly man got out of his car and asked two black males for help.

They got into his car and drove away.

THIS one was back in 2013

Back in 2013, one of the highly respected members of the segregated Tuskegee Airmen was carjacked by four blacks - who called him n.i.g.g.e.r. - in 83 percent black Detroit. [Four teens charged in Detroit carjacking of 88-year-old Tuskegee airman, Detroit News, 3-4-13]:

As he stared down the barrel of a nickel-plated pistol wielded by a teenaged gunman demanding the keys to his Jeep, Jesse Rutledge said an odd thought entered his mind:

"I'm thinking, 'This kid is so little; how's he going to see over the steering wheel?'" said the 88-year-old former Tuskegee Airman who flew bombing missions over Japan in World War II. That initial thought was replaced by fear, said Rutledge, who was carjacked by four youths as he left a barber shop near Harper and Van Dyke at about 4 p.m. Saturday.

Way to go black community. You sure know how to take care of your elders and heroes.

Story of the Tuskegee Airmen told in veteran's memoir...
thumbsup.gif

Veteran's Memoir Tells the Story of the Tuskegee Airmen
1 Aug 2017 | Harold Brown enters the Liberty Aviation Museum on a Monday morning wearing a smile. One can't help but feel the calming energy surrounding the 92-year-old Air Force veteran.
A Redtail Squadron logo is visible on his navy polo shirt as the former Tuskegee Airman walks through the museum. His enthusiasm registers in numerous ways, from offering bits of information about the small model airplanes hanging from the ceiling to stopping to have his picture taken with passing guests. There's no question that Harold Brown is pretty recognizable in this part of town.

2014-liberty-aviation-museum-port-clinton-oh-christopher-austjpg-ts600.jpeg

2014 Liberty Aviation Museum Port Clinton OH​

An 11-minute black-and-white Tuskegee film plays on a projector as Mr. Brown takes a seat at a round table in a room on the opposite side of the wall. He begins to speak about his upcoming book, "Keep Your Airspeed Up: The Story Of A Tuskegee Airman," scheduled to hit stores Aug. 8. "It brings back all kinds of memories," he says. "Good memories, bad memories. It reminds me of how close I've come to dying on more than one occasion." The 270-page memoir was co-written by Brown's wife, Marsha Bordner, or as she describes the process: "He's the hero; I'm the teller."

She was compelled to finish the book to demonstrate the hard work it took the 992 Tuskegee pilots to fight not just against the Axis of Evil abroad but also racism and prejudice at home. "This group of men had to fight the military and our society at large for an opportunity just to prove they were smart enough to fly an airplane," Bordner, 67, says sitting next to her husband. "They really believed [it]. The people of that time said, 'Well, you know, the Negroes wouldn't be bright enough. They might be able to [fly] a little Piper Cub, but they couldn't possibly fly a complicated aircraft.' The Tuskegee Airmen really laid the ground[work] for the civil rights movement." The book focuses on three phases of the Minneapolis native's life, divided into "The Early Years," "The War Years," and "The Post War Years."

Zz1jNTg0OTQ0MWZlZTFhYzc0Y2Q0NTk2ODVlMTEyNDc4ZA==

After years of collecting materials for the book, Marsha Bordner found herself with hundreds of interviews, transcripts, and tapes of details about her husband's life. "The last two years I decided it was time to finish it, so I really buckled down and started working all the time," she says. "It was time to finish it." The first part of the book, "The Early Years," provides insight into what life was like in Minneapolis during the 1920s and '30s, which Bordner says had a black population of less than 1 percent. The book also details the former Tuskegee pilot's ancestry, from his parents' journey to the north during the Great Migration to Brown's vision of becoming a pilot.

MORE

Jesse Jackson, calling Jesse Jackson, do you copy, over?

No, Jesse, the victim wasn't white, but the perps were all black. The victim was black too.

Hello....hello......

Forum List

Back