another flip flop for the list!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Does this guy EVER do or say anything that isn't in direct contradiction of what he has said or done in the past? This guy can promise all he wants about what he'll do if elected, only a fool would believe him.

Kerry Voted Against Body Armor for U.S. Troops

Likely Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry slammed President Bush over the weekend for not supplying U.S. troops in Iraq with enough body armor to protect them from attacks.

But, it turns out, Sen. Kerry actually voted against supplying the troops with more body armor just last year.

Addressing a Texas audience on Saturday, the Massachusetts Democrat said it was "shocking" that "tens of thousands of other troops arrived in Iraq to find that – with danger around every corner – there wasn't enough body armor."

But Bush campaign press secretary Scott Stanzel told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg on Sunday that Kerry "voted against supplying body armor to our troops when it mattered most" – when President Bush included the request as part of the $87 billion appropriation for the Iraq war in 2003.

RNC Chairman Marc Racicot confirmed the Kerry vote against body armor, telling ABC's "This Week" that the funding bill "did everything from provide hazard pay for our troops in Iraq to body armor for our troops in Iraq."

"And yet he has the audacity yesterday to continue to complain about the fact that there was no body armor," Racicot complained.

Asked about his vote not to protect the troops with new body armor, Sen. Kerry insisted he did no such thing.

"That $87 billion has nothing to do with the preparatory money" for protective gear, he told the Fox News Channel.

He then blamed President Bush for not supplying the body armor sooner, saying: "The president made the decision of when to go to war. If you make that decision, you have to make sure your troops are properly equipped."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/8/124337.shtml

Originally posted by Golden Arms
I don't think Kerry is just some prissy rich guy from Mass, I think he could handle our defense well. Therefore, my vote is going to Kerry.
link

Considering Kerry's votes in the Senate, I doubt the boys in action would believe Kerry could handle defense well.

That could be. In NYC, cops on the beat liked David Dinkins (or was it Koch? I forget) more than Giuliani, if only a tiny bit, because he paid them more. Never mind that Giuliani was the most pro-police mayor the city's ever had. The guys were lookin' for the money. If active military think Bush will support them more, now, Kerry's medals ain't worth sheet.

william ..thats the read i get from my twin bro..29 years in the corps...while they are not s'pose to be active in politics it is a know fact that the democrats cut the military and the Republicans un-cut...

Forum List

Back