Another day, another Obama nominee and tax problems

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Seriously, does anyone vet their nominees these days? McCain/Palin, Richardson, Killerfer, Daschelle... ENOUGH already.

Obama nominee quits due to tax woes - White House- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Nancy Killefer has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

"She has withdrawn and we accepted her withdrawal," a White House spokesman told reporters. The spokesman declined to comment on the reasons and said more information would come later.

Killefer was the second major Obama administration nominee to withdraw and the third to have tax problems complicate their nomination after President Barack Obama announced their selection.

The 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co. was expected to detail her reason for pulling out later Tuesday.

When her selection was announced by Obama on Jan. 7, The Associated Press disclosed that in 2005 the District of Columbia government had placed a lien on her home in the upscale Wesley Heights neighborhood. The local government alleged that just three years after she left a high-powered Treasury post she began to fail to pay unemployment compensation tax for a household employee. And she failed to make the required quarterly payments for a year and half, whereupon a lien for $946.69 was placed on her home.

During that period, Killefer and her husband, an economics professor, had a teenage son and daughter, but she had two nannies and a personal assistant to run her life when she was on the road, she told Harvard business students back then.

Administration officials have refused to answer questions about the lien, which she resolved five months after it was filed.

Impressive credentials

On paper, Killefer brought impressive credentials to the two jobs Obama selected her for: deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget, which requires Senate confirmation, and a new White House post, chief performance officer for the entire federal government, which does not require confirmation.

Killefer was to work with economic officials to increase efficiencies and eliminate waste in government spending.

Obama repeatedly promised that his administration would go "line by line" over its budgets with a focus on fiscal responsibility even as he seeks huge amounts of money to stimulate the U.S. economy.

Killefer oversees McKinsey's management consulting for government clients. During 1997-2000 in the Clinton administration, Killefer was assistant Treasury secretary for management. As such she was the chief financial officer and chief operating officer for the Treasury and its 160,000 employees and led a modernization of its largest component, the Internal Revenue Service.

Last edited:
Seriously, does anyone vet their nominees these days? McCain/Palin, Richardson, Killerfer, Daschelle... ENOUGH already.

Obama nominee quits due to tax woes - White House- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Nancy Killefer has withdrawn her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government, the White House said Tuesday.

"She has withdrawn and we accepted her withdrawal," a White House spokesman told reporters. The spokesman declined to comment on the reasons and said more information would come later.

She realized that she was not as indispensible as was Geithner, or maybe Tom Dashle, whose always shown himself to be a completly brazen spinner. Tom knows how to manipulate, but Nancy probably knew she couldn't pull that off being a basically honest person, unlike Tom and Tim. She probably could've hung in there; the Republicans would've rolled over. She may have an enemy among the D's; someone she enforced on, and could get even.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can refuse to pay taxes now, pay them when it fits you with the argument that all americans ought to be treated equally (constitution). And when the IRS brings you to court you can say they should pay their taxes first. And if it fails you have your own jumpstart into politics: Joe the taxpayer part I

Last edited:
I'm hoping Tom Daschle goes down in flames. That guy is a hack. He was a terrible senate leader, and a total milquetoast.

Obama should nominate howard dean for that post. Yeeaaaahhh! Dean knows something about healthcare and medicine.

I got's me a sneakin suspicion that if the damned Democrats would all pay their taxes our economic woes would be cured overnight! Ayep!

I'm hoping Tom Daschle goes down in flames. That guy is a hack. He was a terrible senate leader, and a total milquetoast.

Obama should nominate howard dean for that post. Yeeaaaahhh! Dean knows something about healthcare and medicine.

He didn't even invite Howard Dean to any of the doings. Or didn't you notice? He snubbed the crap outta Howard Dean.

Ok so Dashle, Richardson, and Killerfer are gone and Geithner stays. Hillary certainly had a conflict with all of Bill's foreign contributions to his Presidential Library in Arkansas

May I ask a question which will have to wait a long time for an answer: How about President Obama's taxes? What's it look like with nannies and such?

Actually the philosophy about paying income taxes (and giving to charity) for some of these so called "public servants" is: (taxes) "I do enough hard work making sure others pay their fair share so that the public coffers are filled" , (charity) "and seeing to it that the little people get a fair share of the take to be concerned with minor details."

Obama's team already have the following template:

[[##Insert Name##]] made an honest mistake.

======

Imagine if they give these guys the Joe the Plummer type criticism about taxes.

Nice criteria for change in Washington: F*ck the IRS.

Last edited:
I got's me a sneakin suspicion that if the damned Democrats would all pay their taxes our economic woes would be cured overnight! Ayep!
Mr Obama needs to keep nominating people. Seems that as soon as that happens, they pay their taxes. He's more effective than the IRS at tax collection.

Why does Obama want unpatriotic people on his team???

What do you mean? Are you unpatriotic if you don't pay your taxes?
That is kind of a stretch.

I'm just going by what Joe Biden said:

Joe Biden calls it 'patriotic' for the wealthy to pay more taxes // Current

These people are wealthy. They don't even pay their regular tax bill, let alone extra taxes because they are well-off.
It's sad when you have to explain it to them.

What do you mean? Are you unpatriotic if you don't pay your taxes?
That is kind of a stretch.

I'm just going by what Joe Biden said:

Joe Biden calls it 'patriotic' for the wealthy to pay more taxes // Current

These people are wealthy. They don't even pay their regular tax bill, let alone extra taxes because they are well-off.
It's sad when you have to explain it to them.

I've got young kids at home so I'm used to it.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I can't stand Howard Dean. I'm sure there are good people out there, though.

At least Obama takes responsibility when he hits a blip.

At least the buck stops there.....

nice change after the past eight years....though it is cute to see the wingnuts railing.

They`re all crooks .............. Geithner, Killefer and Daschle ....... yet the Jew Geithner is welcomed with open arms to oversee the US Treasury??

And the Zionist circus continues

Forum List

Back