CDZ Anonymous Credential Credibility

By the way it wasn't my intent to give you the impression that I'm employing any kind of rhetoric. But when someone comes off as a respectable debater... And then ignores questions their motives are highly suspect. And then when they go on makin the kind of post you just made its rude.
Sounds like you prefer to personalize your arguments.

Still don't know your point of this.
So then you must be fan of rhetoric. Sorry, did I just gore your favorite ox?
No you've just been dodging the question.
What question? Feel free to elaborate and specify.
Feel free to go through your own thread.
So no actual question then, more of an unthinking knee jerk response.
Is this your attitude to being lazy? Blame other people? Gah... Ignore these questions too

So then you must be fan of rhetoric. Sorry, did I just gore your favorite ox?
Is this your attitude to being lazy? Blame other people? Gah... Ignore these questions too
Perhaps you've just failed to articulate your question in anything but the most generic terms.

Perhaps you've just failed to articulate your question in anything but the most generic terms.
If you had an issue with the question you should point out what exactly was the problem. 'Most generic terms' is a generic articulation of your issue. Thanks!

If you had an issue with the question you should point out what exactly was the problem. 'Most generic terms' is a generic articulation of your issue. Thanks!
I should revise post #7.

I should revise post #7.
So we're done? Is this how you handle arguments? Shit I forgot... No questions!

I should revise post #7.
Are you completely serious? Your supposed question goes something like: Hey, what is this? What's going on here? What's your point?
Answer: Refer to the OP and see if you can understand the premise.

I should revise post #7.
Are you completely serious? Your supposed question goes something like: Hey, what is this? What's going on here? What's your point?
Your first post poses a question that only an idiot would answer in the negative. And I know you know this. Which is why I didn't get your point and believed you when you said that you're a concerned citizen.

I stopped being serious when you started talking about an ox and that I like rhetoric despite my tone towards it in my posts even my sig.

I should revise post #7.
Your first post poses a question that only an idiot would answer in the negative. And I know you know this. Which is why I didn't get your point and believed you when you said that you're a concerned citizen.
I'm sorry that you've walked into an issue for which you have no context.

Okay we're done here. Can't wait to see your responses to the next person you have a disputr with.

I stopped being serious when you started talking about an ox and that I like rhetoric despite my tone towards it in my posts even my sig.
I think you may be taking this internet forum stuff a little too seriously, you seem to want to personalize. People often do that when they run out of cohesive arguments.

I think you may be taking this internet forum stuff a little too seriously, you seem to want to personalize. People often do that when they run out of cohesive arguments.
I don't give a fuck anymore. There was never an argument to begin with you dumbass.
A debate goes like this.
Definition of terms.
Claim:
Argument;
A form you didn't follow. So shut the fuck up.

I don't give a fuck anymore. There was never an argument to begin with you dumbass.
A debate goes like this.
Definition of terms.
Claim:
Argument;
I think you may have misread the forum rules.

A debate goes like this.
Definition of terms.
Claim:
Argument;
It's a well deserved title to a person pretending to be intelligent.

A debate goes like this.
Definition of terms.
Claim:
Argument;
Your contributions have been judged and found lacking. Now you want to continue with personal commentaries and inappropriate remarks. The best response here is for me to simply put you on my ignore list.

A debate goes like this.
Definition of terms.
Claim:
Argument;
Your contributions have been judged and found lacking. Now you want to continue with personal commentaries and inappropriate remarks. The best response here is for me to simply put you on my ignore list.
Don't care

Is it unethical to make arguments based on claims of unsubstantiated expertise? When someone posting on an internet forum declares themselves an undisputed expert to gain some false credibility, aren't they violating some principle of honest debate?
For example....
Jillian claims to be a lawyer; her posts give reason to wonder if she's graduated from middle school.
Dishonest? Yes. Childish? Yes.
In the end, it only embarrasses her; she either doesn't know this or does know it and doesn't care.

As the fourth poster on this thread, I agree with you. I have an expertise in a couple of fields. You can get away with a lot of bullshit as long as no one who knows the subject very well calls you on it. But someone with real expertise in a field can usually tell when someone else has any expertise, whether they agree with them or not. People who really know an area generally are not that emphatic about the final position because they know the counterarguments; and they have the capacity to explain their position. It's the poseurs who are long on bombast and short on basic facts and commonly known reasoning on a given topic.

Forum List

Back