Ann Romney: 'Going to be cuts made to a lot of programs people aren't going to like'

Lakhota what would you cut to balance the budget?

I would cut the defense budget in HALF.

I would allow Bush tax cuts to expire.

That won't fix it, there will still need to be entitlement cuts.

I would like to see that too. We need the legislators to do something really radical and stupid to energise some people that count on their SS and medicare to go out and make some "cuts" of their own in the Johnny come lately herd that feeds in the gubmint pig trough.

For all you wingnuts who try to falsely blame Obama for the national debt, deficits and economy, I invite you to please give us an accounting of the debt that Obama has added - that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions. The Bush debt clock didn't just stop on the day Obama was sworn in. Let me give you some starting tips: TWO wars that Bush kept OFF budget that Obama keeps ON budget and the Bush tax cuts. In short, Bush-era policies are still driving the numbers.

4524250851_8a16aebb74.jpg

10 Republican Lies About the Bush Tax Cuts | Crooks and Liars

I'm still waiting for you wingnut geniuses to give us an accounting of the debt that Obama has added - that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions. Waiting...

According to dipshits like you the ONLY thing that has happened on Obama's watch that has NOT been the result of anything Bush did is killing Bin Laden.
I can't fucking believe you're not a cabinet appointee!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

And according to people like you,bush never happened. His admin wasn't even at the convention nor made a speech. Its like 6 years of bad policy was all our imagination amd 2 years was all dems fault till obama took office.

Well sally as much as you people try to ignore history,the fact remains it happened.I suggest you come to terms with it.

As for ann,its interesting she would state this. It is unwise for her to state such things and opens her up to attacks..

For all you wingnuts who try to falsely blame Obama for the national debt, deficits and economy, I invite you to please give us an accounting of the debt that Obama has added - that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions. The Bush debt clock didn't just stop on the day Obama was sworn in. Let me give you some starting tips: TWO wars that Bush kept OFF budget that Obama keeps ON budget and the Bush tax cuts. In short, Bush-era policies are still driving the numbers.

4524250851_8a16aebb74.jpg

10 Republican Lies About the Bush Tax Cuts | Crooks and Liars

I'm still waiting for you wingnut geniuses to give us an accounting of the debt that Obama has added - that wasn't a direct or indirect result of Bush actions. Waiting...

According to dipshits like you the ONLY thing that has happened on Obama's watch that has NOT been the result of anything Bush did is killing Bin Laden.
I can't fucking believe you're not a cabinet appointee!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

:lmao:

I'm out of rep for today, but I'll rep you later.

This constant insistence that tax cuts, be it Bush Tax Cuts or not, is a government expenditure is illogical and revealing into the mindset of those on the left. To believe that letting people keep more of the money they own is a government expense, you have to believe that all the money a person earns is the government's and what ever they let them keep is an expenditure that adds to the debt and deficit.

The left only proclaims to care about the debt/deficit when they are wanting to increase taxes on those people that they hold in such contempt and hatred. They believe that these bastard rich are not only to blame for all the ills in their own lives, but all of the ills in the country. They believe that the reason they are loosing political influence is because these rich people have bought the elections, that the Tea Party is these damn rich people influencing racist, backwards hicks to keep them from paying taxes, and gas prices are high because of the Koch Brothers.

The left always and forever will need a continual boogey man, much like the Nazi's need the Jews, to place blame and project hatred by those whose lives are being negatively effected by the policies of this administration.

Obama himself has admitted that raising taxes on the wealthy will have no impact on the deficit, but his lackeys continue to parrot this line.

But they won't touch Ann 188,000 dollar tax write off for her Olympic ballarina horse.
But they will cut out the mortgage deduction for millions of tax payers.

but, but

The broader Standard & Poor’s index is up 66.1 percent for Mr. Obama’s first term and the Nasdaq stock market has more than doubled, both increases more than was seen in the first terms of Presidents Carter, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, even as Mr. Obama has had sometimes difficult relations with Wall Street on issues ranging from financial regulation and taxes to the virtues of equity capitalism.

Read more: Stocks, gas prices offer hard election numbers for Obama - Washington Times Stocks, gas prices offer hard election numbers for Obama - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

A new study from the Social Science Research Network, a website that publishes scholarly research in fields such as economics and finance, argues that the stock market is the most important factor in determining whether a sitting president will be re-elected. In fact, its had a 33 percent influence on voters’ choices, compared with only a 1 percent influence for the unemployment rate.

Read more: Stocks, gas prices offer hard election numbers for Obama - Washington Times Stocks, gas prices offer hard election numbers for Obama - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

CNN Host Dismantles Grover Norquist’s Anti-Tax Argument: ‘This Is A Wish, Not A Plan’

By Igor Volsky

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria challenged Grover Norquist’s opposition to tax increases during an interview on Sunday, insisting that the anti-tax zealot’s opposition to higher taxes — gospel which the GOP has adopted — could lead to financial collapse and turn the nation into “another Greece.” “In other words, I don’t like high taxes, but the question is if you want lots of government services, you have two options. You can either have high taxes, or you can borrow the money,” Zakaria said.

Norquist responded that Americans don’t want higher taxes and tried to argue that lawmakers can make-up for the lost revenue and still fund social programs and other government priorities with the “economic growth” that results from cutting tax rates. But Zarakai didn’t buy it. Pointing out that growth declined after President George W. Bush’s massive tax cuts and increased after President Bill Clinton raised them, he told Norquist, “This is a wish, not a plan”:

More (w/graphs): CNN Host Dismantles Grover Norquist's Anti-Tax Argument: 'This Is A Wish, Not A Plan' | ThinkProgress

We need to cut every program except for the military by 1/3 and not spend any more money than what is taken in on taxes. For God sakes, stop borrowing money from China.

That uppity bitch is as snotty as her husband.

She's ten times the person you'll ever be.

She is potentially going to be first lady.

You live in a trailer, lie about your neighbors, wait for your government checks and spend way to much time on meaningless message boards.

Your tombstone will be a blank.

CNN Host Dismantles Grover Norquist’s Anti-Tax Argument: ‘This Is A Wish, Not A Plan’

By Igor Volsky

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria challenged Grover Norquist’s opposition to tax increases during an interview on Sunday, insisting that the anti-tax zealot’s opposition to higher taxes — gospel which the GOP has adopted — could lead to financial collapse and turn the nation into “another Greece.” “In other words, I don’t like high taxes, but the question is if you want lots of government services, you have two options. You can either have high taxes, or you can borrow the money,” Zakaria said.

Norquist responded that Americans don’t want higher taxes and tried to argue that lawmakers can make-up for the lost revenue and still fund social programs and other government priorities with the “economic growth” that results from cutting tax rates. But Zarakai didn’t buy it. Pointing out that growth declined after President George W. Bush’s massive tax cuts and increased after President Bill Clinton raised them, he told Norquist, “This is a wish, not a plan”:

More (w/graphs): CNN Host Dismantles Grover Norquist's Anti-Tax Argument: 'This Is A Wish, Not A Plan' | ThinkProgress

The only wish here is yours. You wish he'd won the debate. Fareed is nothing but a worm in a suit. CNN should fire his ass pretty soon so he can join the "intellectuals" over at MSNBC.

th_EdSchultz_Stalag13.jpg

We need to cut every program except for the military by 1/3 and not spend any more money than what is taken in on taxes. For God sakes, stop borrowing money from China.

I suspect your avatar is smarter than you.

Another sterling comeback by the board ball-licker.

Nothing wrong with stopping borrowing.

Last edited:
The military can be trimmed no doubt. I'm not for massive cuts but trimming it is in order no doubt. To say trimming shouldnt happen and be for less gov't seems hypocriticial. If you are going to cut nothing should be off the table. Oh, and alot less factory jobs and oh yes mandatory post high school training so only higher paying jobs are offered. Minimum wage left only for kids. ONLY for kids. Let those bad businesses that are interested in low labor costs to wither and go away and I for one will cheer at their demise.

You know the libs want to keep this country in debt so we become totally dependent on their social agendas.

And of course to deflect on having to answer any concerns about the economy, they harp on social issues that nobody gives a crap about currently such as abortion...gun control and gay marriage.

Forum List

Back