And if Los Angeles businesses thought hiring workers was hard, wait until the county starts handing out $1000.00 checks every month

Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Which of course will mean employers will have to increase wages in order to attract potential workers, which OF COURSE will only create MORE inflation.

Act now for a chance to get $1,000 a month from L.A. County. Here’s how to apply​

Which of course will mean employers will have to increase wages in order to attract potential workers, which OF COURSE will only create MORE inflation.
$1,000 a month is not enough to live on, especially in Los Angeles, so I doubt you're going to see people forego working as a result. The idea behind UBI is to provide supplemental income to assist people who are struggling in areas like childcare, medical care, and other basics. It will be interesting to see the results a year from now.

Act now for a chance to get $1,000 a month from L.A. County. Here’s how to apply​

The minimum wage in LA is $14.25/hr.
Times 40 hr. a week times 4 weeks equals $2,280.

You are seriously suggesting that someone is going to quit their $2,400 a month job (before taxes/benefits) just to collect $1,000 a month?

I seriously doubt that.
Unless they live in a box.

You are seriously suggesting that someone is going to quit their $2,400 a month job (before taxes/benefits) just to collect $1,000 a month?

I seriously doubt that.

State and local taxes on payroll are very high in a jurisdiction like LA.

And if they live in subsidized housing, they will even pay more in rent if there income is higher, as their rent isbased on their gross income.

$1,000 a month is not enough to live on, especially in Los Angeles, so I doubt you're going to see people forego working as a result. The idea behind UBI is to provide supplemental income to assist people who are struggling in areas like childcare, medical care, and other basics. It will be interesting to see the results a year from now.

One story I saw on this, was a bar owner in LA saying he already has employees that want to work fewer hours, and this will only make the situation worse.

I seriously doubt that.

See my post above.

Forum List

Back