An Open Letter To The People Of......

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
An Open Letter To The People Of......

To The People of Sunnier, the 20 acre hunk of Earth we share, that I call home:

I promise not to litter and I promise to pick up after my dogs. I promise to take responsibility for any damage caused to our home by them or me. I promise to be honest about how much I owe the junk food and laundry kitties and, since I help out in the office, I promise to always be honest about whatever record keeping I do here. I also promise to help out around here maintaining our property and running the business of inviting mutually acceptable people to enjoy paradise with us for a nominal fee.

To the Owners of Sunnier: the Certificate Holders whose vision was to reap the reward of capitalism with a place to call home and to grow old in without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work you’ve put into the place over the years. The ‘peoples park’ you created when you entrusted the real property of the park to the Club became a beautiful example of true democracy! It has, over the years, become seriously tainted by Western Civilization style “what’s in it for me” politics, but it’s beautiful and I believe we can work out the details, because we live in Paradise and we are a small enough community to know each other. Thank you for entrusting the real property of this place to the ‘Club’.

To the Renters of Sunnier: the hardworking members of this Club who stuck it out, sweating and working in Paradise and paying the lion’s share of the bills along the way. Your vision was to see the potential of the democracy created on this tiny hunk of Planet Earth, take your membership in the Club very seriously and invest in Sunnier with no guarantees, save the original investors contract with each other giving ownership of the park and club to the club.

To the Members and Residents, both Renters and Owners: if we can get together and figure out an equitable way to pass this asset we call home on to the next generation in such a fashion that those of us who now commit to tending this garden we call home can take ownership in the property without fear of losing it to the heirs of the owners or taxes, I promise to support legislation that allows people committed to working on this place to grow old here without fear of rising costs, and with recognition for the work they put into the place over the years. Not as a 'right', but as a thank you.

To The People of St Lucie County, the 'local' hunk of Earth we share, that I call home:

I promise not to litter and I promise to pick up after my dogs. I promise to take responsibility for any damage caused to our county by them or me. I promise to mind my own business and I promise to be honest about what I owe in taxes just as soon as I understand them, I believe the collection methods are fair and there is general consensus of our local community on how they’re spent.

To the Owners of St Lucie County: the Certificate Holders, whose vision was to reap the reward of capitalism with a place to call home and grow old in without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work they’ve put into the place over the years. The county we call home is beautiful, but seriously mired in Western Civilization style “what’s in it for me” politics. I believe we can work out our differences if we work in smaller groups on the details.

If we can get together and figure out an equitable way to pass this asset we call home on to the next generation in such a fashion that those who commit to tending this garden we call home can take ownership in the collective property and grow old in peace, without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we’ve put into the place over the years, your heirs and mine may just reach the stars together.

To The People of The State of Florida, the 'state' hunk of Earth we share, that I call home:

I promise not to litter and I promise to pick up after my dogs. I promise to take responsibility for any damage caused to our state by them or me. I promise to mind my own business and I promise to be honest about what I owe in taxes just as soon as I understand them, I believe the collection methods are fair and there is general consensus of our state community on how they’re spent.

To the Owners of The State of Florida: the Certificate Holders, whose vision was to reap the reward of capitalism with a place to call home and grow old in peace, without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we’ve put into the place over the years. The State we've created is beautiful, but seriously mired in Western Civilization style “what’s in it for me” politics. I believe we can work out our differences if we work in smaller groups on the details.

If we can get together and figure out an equitable way to pass this asset we call home on to the next generation in such a fashion that those who commit to tending this garden we call home can take ownership in the collective property and grow old in peace, without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we’ve put into the place over the years, your heirs and mine may just reach the stars together.

To The People of The United States Of America, the 'national' hunk of Earth we share, that I call home:

I promise not to litter and I promise to pick up after my dogs. I promise to take responsibility for any damage caused to our country by them or me. I promise to mind my own business and I promise to be honest about what I owe in taxes just as soon as I understand them, I believe the collection methods are fair and there is general consensus of our national community on how they’re spent.

To the Owners of The United States Of America: The Certificate Holders, whose vision was to reap the reward of capitalism with a place to call home and grow old in peace, without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we’ve put into the place over the years. The nation we've created is beautiful, but seriously mired in Western Civilization style “what’s in it for me” politics. I believe we can work out our differences if we work in smaller groups on the details.

If we can get together and figure out an equitable way to pass this asset we call home on to the next generation in such a fashion that those who commit to tending this garden we call home can take ownership in the collective property and grow old without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we've put into the place over the years, your heirs and mine may just reach the stars together.

To The People of Earth:

If we can get together and figure out an equitable way to pass this asset we call home on to the next generation in such a fashion that those who commit to tending this garden we call home can take ownership in the collective property and grow old without fear of rising costs and with recognition for the work we've put into the place over the years, your heirs and mine may just reach the stars together.

Peace.

-Joe

Last edited:

Forum List

Back