An interesting piece from Mother Jones on black crime

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IanC, Oct 20, 2009.

1. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    Know Your Enemy: Heather Mac Donald
    — By Debra J. Dickerson | Tue May 6, 2008 9:48 AM PST

If you believe that the criminal justice system is racially biased, you need to know Heather Mac Donald.

She'll mess with your mind and make you either up your politico-cultural game or admit you were wrong. What worries me is that so few on 'our' side can, or bother to, go toe to toe with her. Just about every one of her pieces is a statistical and analytical tour-de-force, while we liberals tend too often to mouth liberal pieties like inside jokes. Just yesterday, I was listening to Angela Davis address the Commonwealth Club (sorry. speech not posted) on my car radio. I agreed with nearly everything she said, but they were dissatisfying lefty bromides, one and all. Racist criminal justice system. Slavery was bad. War in Iraq. The crowd whooped and hollered, but where was the beef, the analysis, the facts? Forgive me Angela, patron saint of the streets, but Mac Donald would have had you for lunch. www.motherjones.com/.../know-your-enemy-heather-mac-donald

read the whole thing and play spot the hypocrisy. she basically says that McDonald is right in her facts but explains away black crime by.... you guessed it! white racism

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    That is an amusing admission from a lefty journal. I wouldn't actually say that lefties are uniformly petrified of facts -- some deal with them quite manfully. And I would say that some righties also wet their panties when it comes to facts.

And when it comes to race, THEY'RE ALL AFRAID OF FACTS. Conservatives are terrified of a Heather MacDonald, because she's blowing up their stupid little world where "we're all equal" and all we need to alchemize blacks into whites is some good ol' fashioned family values.

She's a dangerous woman.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,413
    I bet she's old.

And had a farm.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: