An amusing analogy

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I heard a caller make the following analogy this morning on the radio and I thought it was amusing enough to pass along.

You've got a packed field of twenty candidates, including one filly. The filly runs an exceptional race and appears to be in control. But then, the one from the outside gate, aptly nicknamed "Big Brown," comes from out of nowhere to beat the filly to the finish line. And immediately the powers that be have the filly put down.

Sound familiar? :cool:

I heard a caller make the following analogy this morning on the radio and I thought it was amusing enough to pass along.

You've got a packed field of twenty candidates, including one filly. The filly runs an exceptional race and appears to be in control. But then, the one from the outside gate, aptly nicknamed "Big Brown," comes from out of nowhere to beat the filly to the finish line. And immediately the powers that be have the filly put down.

Johnboy and Bill were dissing on Hillary this morning.

They said she picked the Filly to win, it came in second and was euthenised after, they hoped she wasn't superstitious. Then the other added " Oh and Look, BIG Brown won"

I thought it was hilarious. Though I hope Hillary wins.

I heard that being mentioned here on one of our stations. The bloke was talking to Linda Wertheimer from NPR about the race (the two legged one) and compared it with the Kentucky Derby. Fillies don't do well in the Kentucky Derby apparently.

On edit - that poor filly, broke its ankles and had to be put down. I love horses, I don't like horse racing and I hate jumps racing. Sorry, thread drift.

I heard that being mentioned here on one of our stations. The bloke was talking to Linda Wertheimer from NPR about the race (the two legged one) and compared it with the Kentucky Derby. Fillies don't do well in the Kentucky Derby apparently.

On edit - that poor filly, broke its ankles and had to be put down. I love horses, I don't like horse racing and I hate jumps racing. Sorry, thread drift.

Was going to say the same thing. The way they treat race horses is bullshit, and someone needs to take one of those whips to those pint-sized jockeys and see how they like it.

Unreal some of the shit we allow to happen and turn the other way so some rich fuck can get his jollies.

Was going to say the same thing. The way they treat race horses is bullshit, and someone needs to take one of those whips to those pint-sized jockeys and see how they like it.

Unreal some of the shit we allow to happen and turn the other way so some rich fuck can get his jollies.

Exactamundo. Here the jockey has to hit his or her boot but I bet the little buggers slip one to the horse now and again. At least with standardbred racing they can be seen if they're up to something bad.

Forum List

Back