An ‘aggressive’ chihuahua was barking at a sheriff’s deputy. The officer opened fire.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
An ‘aggressive’ chihuahua was barking at a sheriff’s deputy. The officer opened fire.

An Arkansas sheriff’s deputy was fired after shooting a barking chihuahua in the head Friday, an incident officials labeled “disheartening.”

Faulkner County Sheriff Tim Ryals said in a statement Saturday that deputy Keenan Wallace had been terminated after it was determined there were “numerous opportunities to de-escalate the incident.”

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Cellphone video of the encounter shows Wallace opening fire on the dog — named Reese’s — within feet of its owner, Doug Canady. Police say the incident began following a call for service for an “aggressive” dog at Canady’s home.

Canady told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that police were called by a woman standing in the road in front of his home, who pointed a gun toward his property. When Canady told the woman to put the gun away, she complied but threatened to call authorities, he said.

He told the Democrat-Gazette that he began filming when Wallace arrived and began to approach his house.

The graphic video — which was posted to Canady’s Facebook page Friday and has been shared more than 40,000 times — shows two dogs barking and running near the deputy’s feet.

Wallace asks Canady to come to the road. He declines.

“Okay, I’m going to come to you,” Wallace tells Canady. “If the dog gets aggressive, I’m going to shoot.”

Reese’s can be seen walking toward Wallace while barking. Seconds later, the deputy pulls the trigger of his service weapon.

“Are you . . . kidding me?” Canady asks incredulously, using numerous expletives. He continues, “I just recorded you shooting that dog, in front of me, putting me in danger.”

“No, I didn’t,” Wallace replies. “The shot hit the dog, what I aimed at.”

A chihuahua? I guess that chihuahua posed an imminent threat o hat officers life. Or even better yet, that chihuahua failed to comply with the officers command. Why if that chihuahua only knew how to act, I could have been spared getting shot.

When do we stop making excuses for these people?

An Arkansas sheriff’s deputy was fired after shooting a barking chihuahua in the head Friday, an incident officials labeled “disheartening.”

Faulkner County Sheriff Tim Ryals said in a statement Saturday that deputy Keenan Wallace had been terminated after it was determined there were “numerous opportunities to de-escalate the incident.”

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Cellphone video of the encounter shows Wallace opening fire on the dog — named Reese’s — within feet of its owner, Doug Canady. Police say the incident began following a call for service for an “aggressive” dog at Canady’s home.

Canady told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that police were called by a woman standing in the road in front of his home, who pointed a gun toward his property. When Canady told the woman to put the gun away, she complied but threatened to call authorities, he said.

He told the Democrat-Gazette that he began filming when Wallace arrived and began to approach his house.

The graphic video — which was posted to Canady’s Facebook page Friday and has been shared more than 40,000 times — shows two dogs barking and running near the deputy’s feet.

“Okay, I’m going to come to you,” Wallace tells Canady. “If the dog gets aggressive, I’m going to shoot.”

Reese’s can be seen walking toward Wallace while barking. Seconds later, the deputy pulls the trigger of his service weapon.

“Are you . . . kidding me?” Canady asks incredulously, using numerous expletives. He continues, “I just recorded you shooting that dog, in front of me, putting me in danger.”

A chihuahua? I guess that chihuahua posed an imminent threat o hat officers life. Or even better yet, that chihuahua failed to comply with the officers command. Why if that chihuahua only knew how to act, I could have been spared getting shot.

I heard that the chihuahua had his paws up and said don't shoot!

Typical IM2 thread...
images (80).jpeg

That officer is a moron.

Who the hell shoots a five pound barking dog??

Good Lord what an idiot.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

If the dog was black he deserved it. Probably stole the white chihuahuas bike.

The barking rat had it coming... l guess. Lol

You folks all need to fuck off.

Everyone gives IM2 shit for never posting anywhere but the race relations sub-forum thread. The one time he does? And you give him shit.

This should be a topic of concern FOR EVERYONE.

The police are way out of control, and this can happen to everyone. This type of shit is outrageous. These fuckers are entitled little brats.

The real problem? Police departments actually discriminate against folks with intelligence and hire bullies and stupid people that don't think and just take orders from the elites of society. And when they do, rarely are they appropriately punished unless the light of public scrutiny and outrage is brought to bear on them. . . if the public is lucky.

This makes it easier to oppress the poor and middles class.

WAKE THE FUCK UP people. If we all don't want to live in a police state, we need to be vigilant.

Can Someone Be Too Smart To Be A Cop?

Ever called a police officer “stupid” or questioned whether he or she was actually using their brain? If so, you wouldn’t be alone, and you might not even be wrong.

091113_police_16x91.jpg

"It turns out that those who have cursed at a police officer for apparently not using his or her brain or said an officer was being “stupid” may not be as far off the mark as the American public might hope.

Although it’s not widely known, federal courts have ruled since 2000 that police departments can legally opt to not hire someone simply because he or she scores too high on an intelligence test. The millenium ruling followed a lawsuit filed in 1999 by Connecticut resident Robert Jordan, who was told by the New London Police Department that they only interview candidates who score 20 to 27 points on an intelligence test.

Jordan, a 48-year-old college graduate with a degree in literature, had scored 33 points when he took the Wonderlic Personnel Test in 1996, giving him an IQ of around 125. His score was well above the 21 to 22 points that officers score on average, which reflects a slightly above-average IQ of around 104. (Interestingly, the Wonderlic test recommends that insurance salespeople score at least 22 points and that police officers score at least 21 — meaning that at least according to the test, it requires more intelligence to sell insurance than to solve crimes.)

The test, which is used by other employers, not just law enforcement, poses questions such as: “In the set of words below, what word is different from the others? A. Beef. B. Mackerel. C. Veal. D. Bacon E. Lamb.”

Based on his Wonderlic test score, Jordan was qualified to become a lawyer, but he was too smart to be considered for a position with the New London Police Department. . . "

549f8c0ea6e73c9770b8b0c097ce0c81e414c173a5b79ea5b4815c3b8b28af07_1.jpg

You folks all need to fuck off.

Everyone gives IM2 shit for never posting anywhere but the race relations sub-forum thread. The one time he does? And you give him shit.

This should be a topic of concern FOR EVERYONE.

The police are way out of control, and this can happen to everyone. This type of shit is outrageous. These fuckers are entitled little brats.

The real problem? Police departments actually discriminate against folks with intelligence and hire bullies and stupid people that don't think and just take orders from the elites of society. And when they do, rarely are they appropriately punished unless the light of public scrutiny and outrage is brought to bear on them. . . if the public is lucky.

This makes it easier to oppress the poor and middles class.

WAKE THE FUCK UP people. If we all don't want to live in a police state, we need to be vigilant.

Ever called a police officer “stupid” or questioned whether he or she was actually using their brain? If so, you wouldn’t be alone, and you might not even be wrong.

091113_police_16x91.jpg

"It turns out that those who have cursed at a police officer for apparently not using his or her brain or said an officer was being “stupid” may not be as far off the mark as the American public might hope.

Although it’s not widely known, federal courts have ruled since 2000 that police departments can legally opt to not hire someone simply because he or she scores too high on an intelligence test. The millenium ruling followed a lawsuit filed in 1999 by Connecticut resident Robert Jordan, who was told by the New London Police Department that they only interview candidates who score 20 to 27 points on an intelligence test.

Jordan, a 48-year-old college graduate with a degree in literature, had scored 33 points when he took the Wonderlic Personnel Test in 1996, giving him an IQ of around 125. His score was well above the 21 to 22 points that officers score on average, which reflects a slightly above-average IQ of around 104. (Interestingly, the Wonderlic test recommends that insurance salespeople score at least 22 points and that police officers score at least 21 — meaning that at least according to the test, it requires more intelligence to sell insurance than to solve crimes.)

The test, which is used by other employers, not just law enforcement, poses questions such as: “In the set of words below, what word is different from the others? A. Beef. B. Mackerel. C. Veal. D. Bacon E. Lamb.”

Based on his Wonderlic test score, Jordan was qualified to become a lawyer, but he was too smart to be considered for a position with the New London Police Department. . . "

549f8c0ea6e73c9770b8b0c097ce0c81e414c173a5b79ea5b4815c3b8b28af07_1.jpg

Thanks.

I do not concern myself with whites telling me not to make race a issue so they can continue being racists. So if they want to troll and ignore the danger of armed employees of the state who can decide to use lethal force on a small dog because it barked too loud, then attempt to justify it, they are the ones with a problem.

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

I am afraid of dogs. Maybe that cop is too. Dogs are supposed to
be RESTRAINED -------as far as I know that is law in most places

That officer is a moron.

Good Lord what an idiot.

I am afraid of dogs. Maybe that cop is too. Dogs are supposed to
be RESTRAINED -------as far as I know that is law in most places

Its a very small five pound dog. Couldn't hurt a flea. All he had to do was tell the owner to pick up his dog not shoot the dog.

What an idiot.

The yappy little bastards piss me off. Maybe the owner will train and control his next dog in better fashion.

NZ law allows one to seize and/or destroy a dog attacking one, is US law the same?

Forum List

Back