America's Invisible Crisis: Great Depression-era unemployment numbers for prime age men who work/we need a president who says Work gives you dignity!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Work is more than a paycheck. Its dignity and purpose.

this was already a huge problem before, and it got exacerbated by the covid pandemic. and the left hates work so that doesn't help either.

• Banned
according to the guy in the video, half of men who dropped out of the workforce take some sort of pain medication, some of them deadly opioids

So ship a lot more high productivity jobs overseas! That worked so well in the past, right? Can the U.S. even produce what it needs to keep our toaster functioning any more? No. Wall Street loves cheap Asian slaves.

this was already a huge problem before, and it got exacerbated by the covid pandemic. and the left hates work so that doesn't help either.

Another problem is that companies do not value workers. Workers are treated like trash. They are nickeled and dimed to death. If they give you something with one hand, they take away something with another.

• Banned
Today, in 2023, American men suffer Depression-era employment rates—even though they inhabit the wealthiest and most productive society ever known.

Millions of men in the prime of life languish in a state of economic inactivity and financial dependence, neither working nor looking for work. Their improbably demeaned straits are a main feature of a broader landscape of pathologies elsewhere termed the “New Misery.”

• Banned
Covid struck like a meteorite and disrupted the world we knew in cataclysmic fashion. Now, as a largely vaccinated America contemplates life after the crisis, a dumbfounding spectacle confronts us: a nationwide peacetime labor shortage. Businesses everywhere are begging for help while vast numbers of working-age men sit on the sidelines, checked out of the workforce

Our current workforce is doing just fine. We have more than enough people in the workforce.

Another problem is that companies do not value workers. Workers are treated like trash. They are nickeled and dimed to death. If they give you something with one hand, they take away something with another.
I guess you've never examined the books of a company. Their stocks would perform better if they could trim the budget more often. Things will be better as automation eliminates the jobs in the fast food industry. Running trucks on auto-pilot would help in the same way.

When I was a youth counselor at a facility we would have work for the youth some was restorative justice
One time a supervisor from another facility ask me what was my main focus as a councilo. And my reply was I teach kids that work is a value
I had a low tolerance for lazyness

Forum List

Back