American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

The great F. Waller at his very best on "Spring Cleaning" circa 1937 :mm:

Very nice to here these old songs again. I have the Rogers and Hammerstien collection of movies with many great classics on them. My granddaughter is 30 and she has always liked this music. And other music too of course.

I adore F.Waller! :2up:

Fats Waller - I Can't Give You Anything But Love

I know I posted this in the other music..

but I will post it here again ....1969 is a few more years past from vintage proper but still past ....those years in Argentina mean a lot to me...

also RIP Alberto Spinetta ....from lung cancer.

LUIS ALBERTO SPINETTA "MUCHACHA OJOS DE PAPEL

What is hilarious about this song is the Andrews Sisters had no idea they were singing about prostitution.

You have to admit some modern performers took that 30's and 40's type of swing music and took it to another exciting level. A couple of examples:

Yes I agree! good sound ! I like it! :) ^^^

I also like this ... :p

Last edited:
I know I posted this in the other music..

but I will post it here again ....1969 is a few more years past from vintage proper but still past ....those years in Argentina mean a lot to me...

also RIP Alberto Spinetta ....from lung cancer.

LUIS ALBERTO SPINETTA "MUCHACHA OJOS DE PAPEL

but this is what tug at my heart ....

he is dead .....the time is no more....

is too much for me....

I better go...and disappear ....like anybody here will care anyway....

care about Argentina back then.....care about all those who were so famous and now are dead.

and Artie with Lana turner whom he married too ...

During the 30s and 40s she was among the very best. After the 1940s everything went downhill....drugs and alcohol and all that.

But before that she was the Queen of American Jazz!:clap2:

Billie Holiday - Easy Living

Forum List

Back