America needs a president like this.

This thread was more of a rebuke to another thread with the same title expressing the desire for a "president" like Ferdinand Marcos.

Of course I do not want a despotic junta to unseat the government and start killing people.

However if we are going to have one, I would prefer one that killed and expelled commies. Far less people will die that way, and if the fit the mold of Pinochet, they will relinquish power after a bloodless election.

Leftist despots NEVER go away without a war.

Only half of the country....

The OP is insane.

Pinochet assumed power in one of the bloodiest coups in modern history. His henchmen tortured and killed political opponents in a soccer stadium, famously.

One of his advisors was Milton Friedman, the rightwing economist behind Reaganomics. Friedman basically told him that the people who democratically elected Allende and supported the nationalization of energy and telecom would not accept the transfer of assets back to FOREIGN transnationals like AT&T - and moreover, it was necessary to impose capitalism by force until the population understood what was good for them (which was a system where all of Chile's natural resources along with the profit from its economic output went into fewer and fewer hands, mostly large transnationals).

Who knew the force it took to impose this new economy would take the form of death squads in soccer stadiums. This is not in dispute, and even Friedman became an apologist for it, saying that he never advocated Pinochet's death squad.

(Wow, just wow)

The Pinochet Affair: `I saw them herded to their death. I heard the

Last edited:
The OP is insane.

Pinochet assumed power in one of the bloodiest coups in modern history. His henchmen tortured and killed political opponents in a soccer stadium, famously.

One of his advisors was Milton Friedman, the rightwing economist behind Reaganomics. Friedman basically told him that the people who democratically elected Allende and supported the nationalization of energy and telecom would not accept the transfer of assets back to FOREIGN transnationals like AT&T - and moreover, it was necessary to impose capitalism by force until the population understood what was good for them (which was a system where all of Chile's natural resources along with the profit from its economic output went into fewer and fewer hands, mostly large transnationals).

Who knew the force it took to impose this new economy would take the form of death squads in soccer stadiums. This is not in dispute, and even Friedman became an apologist for it, saying that he never advocated Pinochet's death squad.

(Wow, just wow)

The Pinochet Affair: `I saw them herded to their death. I heard the

Castro killed as many as Pinochet, yet he's lauded by the Left, except that Chile is a successful democratic country with a vibrant economy while Cuba is a dictatorial economic basket case that still doesn't allow its citizens to leave at will.

Forum List

Back