America and reality.

rcajun90 said:
I never hear of Burben Street??? LOL! Where is that? You guys are so stupid about Orleans.

Where is Burben Street? And you call US stupid?

Listen crawdad, frankly, all I hear coming from you is the same type of liberal finger pointing and name calling as the rest of the incompetent boobs you have down there that YOU elected. Your city and state are RENOWNED for their level of deep corruption. So you come in here, on this board, and try and lay your guilt trip on us?

You know what? What I'd like to hear from just ONE of you people down there, is an admission that your OWN people are the FIRST that should be BLAMED! Your OWN people are FIRST who should have helped. NOT the President. It's your OWN people who should have started helping THEMSELVES before volunteers did. NOT the President. It's your OWN people you should BLAME for MILLIONS of MISSING dollars that should have been spent on LEVEE REPAIR. NOT the President. And on and on.

Frankly, to me, you just sound another liberal in here with the soul intention of bashing the President, or anyone else who may stand up for him, OR conservative morals and ideas.

Clean up your own act before you come in here telling the rest of us how mean and screwed up we are johnny reb.

rcajun90 said:
No the finger is for Shitaro. Thank you for any help that you have sent this way.

That's cute rn'tcajun. . . I would almost be impressed if I actually thought you meant to spell my name that way but my guess is that it was just another mispelled word from a product of Louisiana's lack of educational system. Why do you claim New Orleans if you live in Mandeville? Mandeville and Covington have always been pretty decent, I have always liked that area, my brother's family lived in Mandeville for years.
You mistakingly think that my dislike of New Orleans means I hate Louisiana, you're a bit slow, so I understand it but you are wrong. I am a Sonnier from Lafayette, I am a real Acadian and am proud of my ancestors and the way they overcame huge diversity from France and Britain and came to Louisiana to start a new life.
I also happen to be a designer and have a problem with poor design and hate terrible design. New Orleans is pathetic design at work, it finally caught up with itself. It could have been so much worse and I am surprised at the good fortune that New Orleans was granted with what turned out to be much less destructive than what happened in Mississippi.
While my origins are from Louisiana that doesn't make me blind to the idiocy of spending hundreds of BILLIONS of federal tax dollars to perpetuate suicidal design. As I have suggested before, turn New Orleans into the Las Vegas of the south and let the Donald Trumps spend his and his investors money on something that could hold itself up economically. The port is not a must and could be relocated to a more intelligent place, simple as that.
Grow up rn'tcajun, quit being so defensive, I bet you can't even cook a good Gumbo. :funnyface

Oh by the way, The Gulf of Mexico is not the property of Louisiana therefore Louisiana holds no claim over the oil and gas that comes from offshore. Baton Rouge's ports could get anything coming down the Mississippi on the road sooner to be dispersed to the rest of the country along the I-10 corridor, why should barges have to navigate the twisting Mississippi to New Orleans to offload their products? I don't advocate getting rid of New Orleans, I would just like to see it run much better and rebuilt in a sane way, the lake isn't the real problem, the Mississippi is and will be the end of New Orleans if it isn't respected. . . . so shoot me for my opinions.

sitarro said:
That's cute rn'tcajun. . . I would almost be impressed if I actually thought you meant to spell my name that way but my guess is that it was just another mispelled word from a product of Louisiana's lack of educational system. Why do you claim New Orleans if you live in Mandeville? Mandeville and Covington have always been pretty decent, I have always liked that area, my brother's family lived in Mandeville for years.

"You guessed wrong. I misspelled your name on name on purpose. You not very swift are you?"

"You mistakingly think that my dislike of New Orleans means I hate Louisiana, you're a bit slow, so I understand it but you are wrong. I am a Sonnier from Lafayette, I am a real Acadian and am proud of my ancestors and the way they overcame huge diversity from France and Britain and came to Louisiana to start a new life.
I also happen to be a designer and have a problem with poor design and hate terrible design. New Orleans is pathetic design at work, it finally caught up with itself. It could have been so much worse and I am surprised at the good fortune that New Orleans was granted with what turned out to be much less destructive than what happened in Mississippi."

"Reread your own posts. You spew nothing but hatred for your home state."

"While my origins are from Louisiana that doesn't make me blind to the idiocy of spending hundreds of BILLIONS of federal tax dollars to perpetuate suicidal design. As I have suggested before, turn New Orleans into the Las Vegas of the south and let the Donald Trumps spend his and his investors money on something that could hold itself up economically. The port is not a must and could be relocated to a more intelligent place, simple as that.
Grow up rn'tcajun, quit being so defensive, I bet you can't even cook a good Gumbo. :funnyface"

Like it are not it will be rebuilt. It has to be rebuilt to help the country. BTW I make an awesome gumbo. This isn't a threat but an offer. If you come to this area any time soon, I would love to meet you. You have no idea how mad you have made me over the last month. I like to think that people have rational reasons for saying what they do. I would like to pick your brain. No not over your dead body but simply talk to you. Send me an e-mail through this site and will call you. Some things that people have said that don't know the area are making sense. There are areas of Orleans that shouldn't be rebuilt. I wasn't willing to admit that until I saw the 9th ward flooded due to a cold front. That whole area of Arabi perhaps needs to be a lake.

"Oh by the way, The Gulf of Mexico is not the property of Louisiana therefore Louisiana holds no claim over the oil and gas that comes from offshore. Baton Rouge's ports could get anything coming down the Mississippi on the road sooner to be dispersed to the rest of the country along the I-10 corridor, why should barges have to navigate the twisting Mississippi to New Orleans to offload their products? I don't advocate getting rid of New Orleans, I would just like to see it run much better and rebuilt in a sane way, the lake isn't the real problem, the Mississippi is and will be the end of New Orleans if it isn't respected. . . . so shoot me for my opinions.
"

You are wrong about that. Baton Roge can not handle the massive amount of goods that passes through Orleans. In fact I know people that have the port of Orleans up and running and they are working 16 hour days to catch up. No sitaro the river will not end New Orleans. Nothing can. We need it like we did when the Louisiana Purchase happened. Send me a private e-mail and I will give you a call. I'm not as mad at you as I was because you are now showing your true colors and back ground. BTW I never put Mandeville as my home because I didn't feel like having to explain to people where it is. Like I told you when Rita was taking aim at you guys, May God Bless You.
My actual hometown is in Cameron Parish. Since you have more than proven that you are and know the area, it is a wasteland. Send me an email and I want to talk to you.

Hobbit said:
His point is that it's spelled "Bourbon" Street, not "Burben" Street.

Thank you for explaining that to him but I bet you guys don't know that Bourbon has nothing to do with the liqour but rather the family that had owned Europe. That was my only point. BTW it is up and running and tourist are already coming back.

Hobbit said:
His point is that it's spelled "Bourbon" Street, not "Burben" Street.

What-ever. I don't live there, don't spell it everday, and didn't care to look it up. He knew what I was talking about.

rcajun90 said:
You might find this disturbing or fustrating but Blanco and Naquin were elected as reformers. We don't want federal money to line the pocket of anyone. As far as taking it personally, I'm freaking living it. I live on the Northshore which was suppose to stay small town America. Covington and Mandeville are about 10 miles from house and it now takes me an hour and half to get to work. Oh well like I told my brother, I make sure my tank is full
and I crank up the tunes. We have at least doubled in size almost over night.
A small price to pay that our friends in St. Bernard, Jeferson and Orleans have a place to stay. As far as a thank you... America has been more than helpful.
This board hasn't. I've deleted the link like three times to say the hell with it all but reasonable people keep me coming back. A board regular here told me that he was heading to Baton Rouge to help. I gave him my number and a big thank you.

That's Dillo, he'll be there.

As to the 'elected as reformers that is fine, I still will be in utter shock if they are re-elected as they have shown that their reform is not up to par. In fact, I think that you are one of the finest people that live in that area.

Once again you are taking something spoken generally personally. The idea that we are not helping is simply incorrect. We are all frustrated that we are helping and get nothing in return but insults and innuendos stating how much 'conservatives don't care'. The frustration comes out in posts on the board...

no1tovote4 said:
That's Dillo, he'll be there.

As to the 'elected as reformers that is fine, I still will be in utter shock if they are re-elected as they have shown that their reform is not up to par. In fact, I think that you are one of the finest people that live in that area.

Once again you are taking something spoken generally personally. The idea that we are not helping is simply incorrect. We are all frustrated that we are helping and get nothing in return but insults and innuendos stating how much 'conservatives don't care'. The frustration comes out in posts on the board...

It’s kind of hard not to take it personally when some people like Shitaro call the place you live a $hit hole that should be bulldozed. You were not one of them so it’s not directed to you. Some people that live in this state do not like New Orleans. They probably had been rolled by a French Quarter hooker. However since it was a top ten tourist destination in the United States, I would say they are in the minority. I’m tired of defending it. Metairie is full of life again and like it or not it will be rebuilt for all the tourist and cruise ships to come back to this shit hole. I hope the poverty problem will be gone with many new high paying jobs. So much has been and is being taken from our state, we deserve to be rebuilt as much as all the foreign cities our nation has been rebuilt some of it from Louisiana's revenue.

I consider myself a conservative so I'm not sure what you are talking about. As far as re-electing Blanco. I don't think she could become elected as the state dog catcher. Naguin I'm not so sure of. If a better canidate presents him or herself I will support them if not I will support Naguin. This may sound incredible to you but I think he is one of hte best mayors pre Katrina that New Orelans has had since I moved here.

Pale Rider said:
What-ever. I don't live there, don't spell it everday, and didn't care to look it up. He knew what I was talking about.

Hey don't attack someone if you can't spell it. We have some strange names down here like Boudreaux etc.. I misspell things all the time and I make a good living. It's not a sign of intelligence just a good dictionary or spell check. Have a good day. :bye1:

rcajun90 said:
Hey don't attack someone if you can't spell it. We have some strange names down here like Boudreaux etc.. I misspell things all the time and I make a good living. It's not a sign of intelligence just a good dictionary or spell check. Have a good day. :bye1:

Don't "attack" someone? I say "whatever", and I'm "attacking" someone???

Pphhhtt..... lightin' up crawdad. "Whatever" is NOT "attacking" someone... :slap:

rcajun90 said:
You might find this disturbing or fustrating but Blanco and Naquin were elected as reformers. We don't want federal money to line the pocket of anyone. As far as taking it personally, I'm freaking living it. I live on the Northshore which was suppose to stay small town America. Covington and Mandeville are about 10 miles from house and it now takes me an hour and half to get to work. Oh well like I told my brother, I make sure my tank is full
and I crank up the tunes. We have at least doubled in size almost over night.
A small price to pay that our friends in St. Bernard, Jeferson and Orleans have a place to stay. As far as a thank you... America has been more than helpful.
This board hasn't. I've deleted the link like three times to say the hell with it all but reasonable people keep me coming back. A board regular here told me that he was heading to Baton Rouge to help. I gave him my number and a big thank you.

Hey RC---typing this from a shelter in Lake Charles and on a strictly local and political level I don't see any difference here than the shelter in Texas. We are down to aorund 100 folks most of which who will NEVER be able to live by themselves to to mental or physical handicaps that will not be officially recognized as handicaps enough to recieve the aid they need. Of course they weren't receiving any aid before the storm either but now that Rita has flushed them out they are an eye sore and an inconvenience to Red Cross, Fema, and the local government. There is an obvious attempt to shove them all back under the rug they were under before and just hope no one notices. I imagine any area in the country that has a "weak" class of people would be facing the same dilema. The inefficency of the aid being poured into this area would make you sick.
Sorry I havent gotten around to calling you--no land lines in my shelter and I don't have a cell but when I get some time off and transportation I still plan on giving you a ring. ( If the Red Cross doesn't decide to waste me somewhere else first of course.)

Pale Rider said:
Don't "attack" someone? I say "whatever", and I'm "attacking" someone???

Pphhhtt..... lightin' up crawdad. "Whatever" is NOT "attacking" someone... :slap:

Otay pfal wider you does whatca you want. I wespect your desision an et es a phree contry. LOL!

dilloduck said:
Hey RC---typing this from a shelter in Lake Charles and on a strictly local and political level I don't see any difference here than the shelter in Texas. We are down to aorund 100 folks most of which who will NEVER be able to live by themselves to to mental or physical handicaps that will not be officially recognized as handicaps enough to recieve the aid they need. Of course they weren't receiving any aid before the storm either but now that Rita has flushed them out they are an eye sore and an inconvenience to Red Cross, Fema, and the local government. There is an obvious attempt to shove them all back under the rug they were under before and just hope no one notices. I imagine any area in the country that has a "weak" class of people would be facing the same dilema. The inefficency of the aid being poured into this area would make you sick.
Sorry I havent gotten around to calling you--no land lines in my shelter and I don't have a cell but when I get some time off and transportation I still plan on giving you a ring. ( If the Red Cross doesn't decide to waste me somewhere else first of course.)

I bet those people were recieving state aid before the storm. With the state losing 40% of it's revenue because of New Orleans being knocked out of commision that isn't going to happen again. I don't know where you will shove them under the rug. Katrina and Rita took the rugs away. I bet most of those folks were from the 9th ward where it was common to drive through and see young men of school or working age drinking a 40 oz. at noon. They need to train the young for example how to work with sheet rock and send them here where there's plenty of work for that skill. What do you do with those beyond their working years?

Did you checkout the places I suggested you eat at? Lake Charles isn't known for its great food (they have a few good places) but if you head an hour east you will be in Lafayette which is known for its awesome Cajun food. Thank you for helping out. How many type on here and never take action? Thanks again.

rcajun90 said:
Otay pfal wider you does whatca you want. I wespect your desision an et es a phree contry. LOL!

Well you've demonstrated you have a propensity to be a smartass, and you've cried and whinned to everyone trying to lay a guilt trip on us.

You're my new favorite person crawdad.

Pale Rider said:
Well you've demonstrated you have a propensity to be a smartass, and you've cried and whinned to everyone trying to lay a guilt trip on us.

You're my new favorite person crawdad.

Sorry you fired the first smartass shot. Read the thread I was trying to be nice about misspelling. Reread the thread and you will see I even took up for you only to be flamed by you. If you can’t take it then don’t dish it out. BTW Who is crawdad?

rcajun90 said:
Sorry you fired the first smartass shot. Read the thread I was trying to be nice about misspelling. Reread the thread and you will see I even took up for you only to be flamed by you. If you can’t take it then don’t dish it out. BTW Who is crawdad?
I have to agree with PR, you never said an apology to those of us that gave, never making a big deal out of. You slammed us all for your perceived dissing. Even when some of us said what we had personally done, you never said anything to the effect, "I'm sorry if I let the minority speak for the few...."

If everyone in LA feels like you, I wouldn't give one more nickle. I'd rather give to Sudan.

Kathianne said:
I have to agree with PR, you never said an apology to those of us that gave, never making a big deal out of. You slammed us all for your perceived dissing. Even when some of us said what we had personally done, you never said anything to the effect, "I'm sorry if I let the minority speak for the few...."

If everyone in LA feels like you, I wouldn't give one more nickle. I'd rather give to Sudan.

Are you talking to me? Read some of the threads. I've said may God bless you in the last month more then in my whole life. I've been very appreciative of everything that America has done and is doing. Some on this board have been extremely generous and nice. Others have been extremely ugly. Look at my post to Dilio for actually coming down to South Louisiana to help.

As far as Pale Rider, check out the thread. I think I was very nice but he still
attacked. Hey but you are entitled to your opinion.

Forum List

Back