All is Proceeding As Foretold with the #MeToo Movement

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
For years, the professor told the assistant dean that she was beautiful and greeted her with hugs and a kiss on each cheek.

During their time together at UC Irvine, Francisco J. Ayala, 84, and Benedicte Shipley, 50, perceived their encounters in dramatically different ways.

He said he believed he was showing her admiration, respect and the courtly manners of his native Spain. She said she felt objectified and humiliated. Her version won out this year, when officials concluded that Ayala had sexually harassed Shipley and two other women.

The university swiftly moved to erase his presence. The world-renowned geneticist resigned, was banned from campus and stripped of prestigious University of California titles. And though he had given Irvine $11.5 million in donations, his name was taken off the university buildings he helped support.

The sanctions have bitterly divided the campus, drawn international attention and underscored the growing complexity of the nation’s pitched battles over sexual harassment.

Banishment of an acclaimed UC Irvine professor sparks debate over whether #MeToo can go too far - Los Angeles Times

The cultural ignorance of the Left is astounding. Like the 8 year old suspended for calling his teacher M’am. The Lefts bubble world is so tiny.

Why should she have to put up with his shit just because he is “friendly”?

For years, the professor told the assistant dean that she was beautiful and greeted her with hugs and a kiss on each cheek.

During their time together at UC Irvine, Francisco J. Ayala, 84, and Benedicte Shipley, 50, perceived their encounters in dramatically different ways.

He said he believed he was showing her admiration, respect and the courtly manners of his native Spain. She said she felt objectified and humiliated. Her version won out this year, when officials concluded that Ayala had sexually harassed Shipley and two other women.

The university swiftly moved to erase his presence. The world-renowned geneticist resigned, was banned from campus and stripped of prestigious University of California titles. And though he had given Irvine $11.5 million in donations, his name was taken off the university buildings he helped support.

The sanctions have bitterly divided the campus, drawn international attention and underscored the growing complexity of the nation’s pitched battles over sexual harassment.

Banishment of an acclaimed UC Irvine professor sparks debate over whether #MeToo can go too far - Los Angeles Times

The cultural ignorance of the Left is astounding. Like the 8 year old suspended for calling his teacher M’am. The Lefts bubble world is so tiny.
As you like to point out, knowing it is part of a person's culture doesn't make it acceptable. Like immigrants to America. They do it our way. So could this professor. Now, if she never gave him any indication that it made her uncomfortable, I could see this being unfair. If she complained and he was "talked to" about it and he still continued, he deserves it. But c'mon, the guy is 84 now.
This is a one-sided take on the situation, and there were two other women who had Don Juan all over them, too. Considering the University's harsh treatment of the man, there MUST be a bit more to it than we're hearing here.

I'll wait for the rule of Law to decide............

And evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was making sexual offenses..........it has to be proven...........and I expect the local authorities to do their job and see if it has any merit.......

I refuse to snap to judgement in the fringe days we live in............

Did she ever ask him to stop?

I get hugged almost every day at work. If I wasn't comfortable with it, I'd simply ask them to stop.

I get hugged almost every day at work. If I wasn't comfortable with it, I'd simply ask them to stop.
IDk..............can't see it ................

It's another case of going public without showing why.......they say they did an investigation.........interviewed 60 witnesses......but we don't have any of that.........

If it's just a few pecks on the cheek over time who the hell cares........Europeans do that.........and it is a tradition there.........so what is it we don't know here.

I'm certainly not one to run him over with a bus with claims that I have no evidence to go on...............

Where on earth do you work? Are you a nursery school teacher?

Why should she have to put up with his shit just because he is “friendly”?
Maybe she should've told him in the begining that it made her feel uncomfortable. Instead of letting it happen for years and then using it to destroy him. You liberals keep this stuff up.

Forum List

Back