All In Favor Of US-Libyan Normalization Raise Your Hand

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Seems the State Department is thrilled. Yes, we are going to pay them reparations. :cuckoo:

Libya to receive reparations for Reagan air strike

Libya to receive reparations for Reagan air strike
Country will be paid 'settlement' for U.S. retaliation after terrorist attack
Posted: August 14, 2008
2:17 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2008

Despite 189 American lives lost in the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing, the U.S. settled all lawsuits against Libya for terrorist killings and restored diplomatic relations with the country today – with reparations to be paid to Libya.

President Ronald Reagan ordered air strikes on Tripoli and Benghazi on April 15, 1986, after Libyan terrorists planted 6 pounds of plastic explosives packed with shrapnel on the dance floor of La Belle discotheque in Berlin, killing three people – including two U.S. soldiers – and maiming 200 others.

Libyan President Col. Moammar Gadhafi (Courtesy: Sky News)

Two years later, Pan Am Flight 103 exploded in a terrorist attack by a Libyan intelligence agent. The blast killed 268 people from 21 countries, including 189 Americans. U.S. families filed 26 lawsuits against Libya for the 1988 bombing of the plane en route to New York from London...

I am really glad I'm not the only one with that reaction. :cool:

I seriously doubt we will hear about all the details involved. It's too hard to be critical of stuff like this without knowing them. I'll suspend my judgement.

I can only find info about this on the WND site so I'm a bit skeptical about their version of details. This would be awful if it's true.

I think we should go to war with Libya.

Once an islamofacist terrorist, always an islamofacist terrorist.

Why are we negotiating with a terrorist, who has the blood of innocents on his hands?

All those people living in New England who depend on Libya's natural gas for heat and/or electric raise your hands!

The CNN version give a few details the WND left out. The vicims of the bombings seem satisfied with compensation they got which is a consideration also. We did bomb them and put sanctions on them so it's not like they got off scot free. We still have an Air Force pilots remains unaccounted for from the bombing which isn't being mentioned much so one can only guess our government is willing to overlook that in the scope of things.

They supposedly give up their WMD program but there are some observers who feel Libya might be still hiding some of those.

Once again it's all about the oil. Our goverment will sell us out in a heart beat where oil is concerned.

Forum List

Back