All 135 Space Shuttle Launches at Once (VIDEO)

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
this incredible video shows all 135 launches of the space shuttle program at once. Creator McLean Fahnestock calls it “The Grand Finale” and rightly so.

Dedicated to all the space shuttles.

The one launch failure, Challenger on STS-51-L does stand out in this video and the words “obviously a major malfunction” will always linger. But the drive to keep striving for the heavens will always be there.

All 135 Space Shuttle Launches at Once

In case you missed it I thought it was worth bumping this video; one hundred thirty five shutle launches all on one screen including all the hubbub of sound that becomes a solid roar. The tragic launch of the Challenger is in the second row from the top, about the middle.

It says somethng usefule about Americans in space.

Thanks for that. Great work of art..

I worked on the instrumentation for the Tail Service Mast (and other small jobs).. My bro in Florida just sent me a cap from the final mission to match the one I bought for the first launch..

It was time to retire the fleet. If you recognize that the computers involved in most of those systems aren't even CLOSE to what's in your cell phone..

I drove my son, a friend of his, and my lead employee down to KSC about '83 to see one go up and the launch paused at minus 30 seconds and didn't restart while we were still down there. We go about every year, and I never saw a launch.

Last edited:
I drove my son, a friend of his, and my lead employee down to KSC about '83 to see aone go up and the launch paused at minus 30 seconds and didn't restart while we were still down there. We go about every year, and I never saw a launch.

Watched a lot of them from Daytona -- about 60 miles north. Not as spectacular, but you could still hear the roar. Watched one from the parking garage roof at Orlando airport. But to get the full effect, you really need to be as close as possible.

When I worked at the Cape, I had an apartment as close to the South Gate as you can get. On the beach! Best location ever for watching stuff take off. And seeing the nuke subs come into to Port Canaveral..

Forum List

Back