AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I love Alien, Aliens, and even Prometheus. I know a lot of people didn't like Prometheus, but I loved it. Alien Covenant builds on Prometheus and brings the story right into the xenomorph part of the franchise.

Ridley Scott reportedly said that his only goal with Alien Covenant was to scare the shit out of people. It didn't quite do that for me, but it's definitely got tons of action and gore. I did figure out the final twist well before the ending, but that didn't stop me from smiling when it finally happened.

9/10

If I'm not mistaken, I think Alien Covenant is the first of a trilogy that will bring us to the events of the first Alien movie. If so, this is a great first movie in a trilogy. I definitely recommend it.

There are definitely people who hate Alien Covenant like Angry Joe (MAJOR Story SPOILERS in the video):

I understand his criticisms, and I can understand someone feeling the way he does. I still loved the movie.

I will say that if you decide to see this movie, watch the two prologues that Fox released ahead of time. These scenes are not in the movie, and they will help give more context to the transition from Prometheus to Alien Covenant, and it will help establish these new characters more:

The Last Supper prologue:

The Crossing prologue (MAJOR SPOILERS for PROMETHEUS):

Last edited:
I don't care what anybody else says. Prometheus was a good movie. I look forward to Covenant.

I have read that there are three new Alien movies in the works. I'll watch them all with the enthusiasm of a child. :D

I don't care what anybody else says. Prometheus was a good movie. I look forward to Covenant.

I have read that there are three new Alien movies in the works. I'll watch them all with the enthusiasm of a child. :D

If I remember correctly, it's been a while since Prometheus, it wasn't a bad movie, the problem was it just didn't make much sense at end.

Saw Covenant last week. Slow start, IMO. More dialogue than action. The critter scenes were good, with reprised chest bursting and such.

Forum List

Back