Alas poor Granny

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Hmmm

They were calling for snow to fall here by late afternoon/evening. I was going to go up to her place early to do my little weekend at Mammaw's.

Got up this morning and called Walmart about 9:30 to refill my scrip.

Called Walmart to check on cost of windshield wipers and whether they installed them.

Left my place about 11:30.

Decided it might be a good idea to top off my gas tank "just in case."

The girl couldn't make her machine work to take my card. Another employee got it fixed.

Went out to start pumping gas and my damned key would not let me unlock my gas cap. Finally got it unlocked and I pumped my gas.

Went to Walmart ... my scrip was not ready so had to wait.

Went to the auto part of Walmart. Took them about 15 minutes to get my name, address, VIN number and mileage ... it was just windshield wipers! Not a full service thing.

The girl told me it would take about 5 minutes to get the wipers changed. She kept getting into and out of my car and I was like, "What the hell?" Turns out she can't drive a standard shift car. Someone else put the wipers on where I had parked my car in the first place and I was ready to get on the road.

Not ten miles up I-75, the snow started and it was white out conditions for awhile. Ice and slush all over the road. Slow going. Got all the way up to 1 mile from my exit and someone in front of me lost control of her pickup and spun out. The person in front of me slammed on breaks.

I had plenty of distance between me and that vehicle, took my foot off the accelerator and was trying to keep my car under control on the ice while some fool was passing me while he was trying to pass the spun out pickup.

Then boom!! The tow truck driver who was behind me hit me. Yes. That sent me off the road altogether and down a small incline. But, I still kept some fragment of control even though I was sliding off the road sideways and I didn't flip my car over in the process. He hit me in my right passenger door and front quarter panel - shattered the hell out of my door.

The tow truck driver came running over to see if I was ok. He said I had done a hell of good job trying to control my car. He checked out my car and we just had to sit and wait for a state trooper to come. When the tooper got there, the tow truck driver's boss had to tow me back onto the emergency lane. The tow truck had to be towed out because he was stuck, too. He had problems getting me out, and the trooper told me to fall in behind him to the exit. We got all the paperwork taken care of after we got off the exit.

The driver who hit me towed me back to Clinton and my children's tailfeathers have been calmed down.

It's been a hell of a day, but I wasn't hurt and my car can be fixed.

*sighs*

Did you take pictures? Crashed car pics are always the coolest 30 years down the road.

*sighs*

There are two ways to see this.

You have been unlucky or very fucking lucky.

It is Christmas, go with the second option.

*sighs*

There are two ways to see this.

You have been unlucky or very fucking lucky.

It is Christmas, go with the second option.

Oh, I'm very fortunate ... in many ways.

The only thing that concerned me was my neck. I've had cervical spine surgery and have rods and screws, nails, paperclips, etc. in my neck. I put some IcyHot on my neck a couple times after I got home in hopes that it might somehow help sore muscles if I got any. I got up feeling just fine this morning.

No pics.

Well, it's the first accident I've had in about 30 years. Prior to that I got hit by a drag racing teenager who ran a light and I got rear-ended later on by someone who failed to put on his breaks while the cars ahead of him were stopped for someone to make a left turn.

Three accidents, no tickets including parking tickets in over 40 years of driving is not a bad record.

Well hello Granny, pleased to meet you.

I guess you wont know how you are until tomorrow morning really.

Hey by the way , shouldn't you be in Florida for the winter?

Three accidents, no tickets including parking tickets in over 40 years of driving is not a bad record.

Watch Lumpy, Granny, he'll punch ya in the nose, the BITCH!!!:evil:

Granny, I bet your kids were wondering WHY you had to drive in such weather??

But I'm glad you didn't get hurt.:woohoo:

:lol:....thanks Samson... trust me Granny .. it's all hypothetical..

After all.. you ever met a Lumpy you couldn't trust....:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

After all.. you ever meet a Lumpy you couldn't trust....:eusa_angel:

elderabuse.jpg

elderabuse.jpg

I don't like Florida ... besides, how would I take my 4 mile walks in my beloved hills if I were in Florida. Florida is for flatlanders.

My kids knew why I was out. I was going out a few hours early to beat the weather, but the weather moved in many hours before the weatherman predicted it would. Moral: Don't ever trust your weatherman.

elderabuse.jpg

I don't like Florida ... besides, how would I take my 4 mile walks in my beloved hills if I were in Florida. Florida is for flatlanders.

My kids knew why I was out. I was going out a few hours early to beat the weather, but the weather moved in many hours before the weatherman predicted it would. Moral: Don't ever trust your weatherman.

Yes, in fact, you know Granny, you often can actually SEE snow, even though the TV says its not supposed to be there.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back