Alabama Counties Stop Issuing Marriage Licenses

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

A little bit of history repeating itself...

19570904_Elizabeth_Eckford_at_Little_Rock.jpg

How are you equating a municipality refusing to compromise their faith, with a bunch of 1960's Democrats refusing African-Americans from attending which school they want, from eating at a lunch counter, or from sitting in the front of the bus?

Last I heard, same-sex couples have and have always had those rights.

Are we trying to be a little dramatic or over the top here? You're not doing a good job of convincing me of your position.

It seems that individual freedoms and liberties are only extended to a few select Liberal groups.

Evidently so. "Some animals are more equal than others".

Great idea...

Simply stop issuing Marriage Licenses all together... Let the Church which marries people issue the document which designates them as married and only recognize those people as married.

LOVE IT!

Great idea...

Simply stop issuing Marriage Licenses all together... Let the Church which marries people issue the document which designates them as married and only recognize those people as married.

LOVE IT!
LOL

Make the Federal Gov't set up Gay Marriage offices.............

LOL

Great idea...

LOVE IT!

Well marriage is after all, defined as a holy bond between one man and one woman. There is no Biblical church that I know of, that could honestly say it's adhering to God's word by attempting to marry a same-sex couple.

Any so-called "church" that sanctioned that, would be defying God.

We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

Great idea...

LOVE IT!
LOL

LOL

Right! Then as a State, reject the authority of the Federal Government to say who's married in your state.

Great idea...

LOVE IT!
LOL

LOL

Honestly, that would violate the separation of church and state.

But it wouldn't be the first time this administration ignored the Constitution, would it?

Who knew there were still enclaves of inbred mouth breathers in Alabama?

We will see how long it is before the idiots miss the lost revenue and it forces them to start back up. In the meantime they will recognize couples that get married elsewhere and live in those counties.

LMAO--oh ya-----that county got rich issuing marriage licenses.

ROFLMNAO!
I just adore the sweeter Ironies.

LMAO--oh ya-----that county got rich issuing marriage licenses.
What a dumbass you are. :laugh:

Lost revenue doesnt mean you got rich.

Are you kidding ? Alabama is full of blacks.

Ahh. So. That's what gay marriage all boils down to, isn't it? Money? Benefits?

Gawd, it's good to be straight. Anyone up for a "Straight Pride" parade?

Forum List

Back