Al-Qaida rejects Saudi ultimatum--Everyone needs to read this

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by NewGuy, Jul 15, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39444

Far more in the article, but this makes the same point that Christians have known for a while now.

This is a HOLY war, not a political one.

-DESPITE WHAT IS PUBLICLY PROCLAIMED.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    As is the current election process.

3. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So, you are proposing we accept the rantings of a small group of radical religious lunatics as the word for the vast majority of peaceful Muslims and use those words to incite peace loving Christians into a crusade against Islam?

It seems you may be playing right into the radical's hands. What better way to incite a peaceful Muslim into war than by inciting a peaceful Christian to take up arms against him?

Perhaps we could have the fundamentalist Christian church leaders in the US who believe in your theory use church funds to send their flocks into battle and spare the rest of us American taxpayers the financial and human burden. This way, we can have the radical Muslims and the radical Christians face off and hopefully, destroy each other while the peaceful ones on both side ignore them and practice loving our neighbors.

Sound good?

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    TheOne. Not saying your wrong, just show me convincing evidence of peaceful Muslims. Somewhere that there is condemnation for terror, without saying it's the fault of the joos!

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Define radical, define lunatic.

The majority follow the koran's teachings. The koran's verses are listed. YOu would do well to research this section to know that the topic has been brought up numerous times. If you want to claim this point, you will lose.

It might be you have no clue what you are about to encounter if you want to debate these points. Being a muslim propagandist, I suggest you prep yourself. You will need it.

Perhaps you ought to explain why "fundamentalism" is bad, why "radicals" are in the same category, and why you think islam is peaceful. -And Gop_Jeff would appreciate you doing so in the appropriate religious section.

You would seem to pit Christianity and islam against each other as peaceful religions with different extremes and call one fundamentalist and the other radical.......yet you side with islam......the "radical".

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Prove it.

Remember, you claim it a "holy war".

7. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In the context I was using the terms, they refer to Al Qaeda and the individual who wrote the article, Sheikh Ubay Abd Al-Rahman Al-Athari bin Bajad Al-'Utaybi. Radical in the sense of extreme; marked by a considerable departure from the usual or traditional. And lunatic in the sense of wildy foolish or insane.

I have seen the koran verses. I have also seen barbaric passages in the Bible. The literal interpretation of these texts is very limited on both sides. I am not apologizing for Christians or Muslims, just making the point that both of these holy books were penned in more violent times and only fundamentalists from either side adhere strictly to them. It is my experience, from talking with several religious people on both sides, that the Koran and the Bible are predominately filled with teachings which instruct it's readers to be good to others and to lead peaceful, loving lives.

I am not a muslim propagandist. I am not even a muslim. I am a practical person who believes people should try and live peacefully together. I find Christians who attempt to persuade other Christians that Islam is "evil" and that they are justified in wanting it destroyed no better than the radical Islamists who are doing the same.

Breifly, and I alluded to this earlier, in my opinion, "fundamentalists" take a more literal interpretation of religious texts which were written many centuries ago. As we have evolved as humans, and our technology has evolved, we must be very careful to control the outbreak of "holy wars" which civilizations were able to withstand in the ancient days void of devastating weapons. I think I already described why I think Islam is peaceful, but I will re-iterate: The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful and deserve the same rights to enjoy their lives and faiths as Christians or Atheists for that matter.

I side with neither. If you were a Muslim telling me that Christianity was a barbaric religion, I would argue that point as well. As it stands, all I can see here is people vilifying Islam, and unjustly I might add. The bottom line is that both sides need to take steps to avert a "Holy war" and be accepting of each other's right to worship and live. I am quite certain that the spirit of both religions condone that.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm tired of doing all your research for you !! Get off your butt and find it yourself. :laugh:

9. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Newguy, I thought you were making that camel jock's name up till I read the article.

"Sheikh Ubay Abd Al-Rahman Al-Athari bin Bajad Al-'Utaybi" wow - didn't know that "asshole" was such a long word in Arabic.

Long-winded bastard, isn't he.

:chains:

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, that makes sense.

A fundamentalist is one who believes in the basic foundations of the ideal. You claim a fundamentalist would be an extremist by this point.

Contradictory.

Also, you defile the word Holy as you claim both books are. You have read parts, but have no clue about either. The problem is that if you claim them both HOLY then BOTH ARE OF GOD. IF ONE is of God, IT is HOly and the other is not. More contradictions because you are uninformed.

Again, you are uninformed. You listen to muslims who mislead as commanded by the koran, and then defend them as a megaphone for their propaganda. Their text claims they need to kill infidels, Jews, and Christians.

That is because you don't know what the book says. It is a bad thing to let yourself be used as a megaphone for muslims by defending their text which defines their religion, when you don't even know what it says. It IS a terrorism handbook, and by letting it stay on par with a Holy book of peace, you now defile the Holy book, and make the unHoly normal.

The only extremist in this improper juxtaposition is you as being in favor of islam over Christianity. -And pushing it.

Radical is when you are not the norm, right?

PEACEFUL muslims are the radicals. -As defined by their text.

Your flaw is in seeing things "literal" or "figurative".

Try IN CONTEXT.

In America, religious freedom is allowed and acceptable. The practice of violating the "inalienable" rights is not. Terrorism is a violation of those rights.

Islam as practiced peacefully is acceptable. -As stated, you are wrong in assuming what the norm is. Saudi Arabia is proof. The majority is in sync with AQ and it is the root of most worldwide terrorism.

Then you are wrong. You claim certainty and haven't read.

You side with one by not denouncing the other.