Al-Jazeera´s Islamist and supposed torturer, Ahmed Mansou, arrested in Berlin

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
If the German authorities deliver him to Egypt, he is going to jail for 15 long islamist years.

"On Saturday morning, the prominent Al-Jazeera broadcaster – Ahmed Mansour – was apprehended by the German authorities at the request of the Egyptian Government after the senior journalist attempted to board a plane from Berlin’s Tegel Airport to the Doha International Airport in Qatar.

Ahmed Mansour, an Egyptian-born citizen of Great Britain, was charged in absentia to 15 years in an Egyptian prison for allegedly torturing an unnamed attorney during the 2011 Tahrir Square Uprising.

The charges were presented to the Egyptian High Courts in the summer of 2014, where upon, the Al-Jazeera broadcaster was found guilty; this resulted in the Egyptian Government demanding his immediate extradition from Qatar to Egypt – the Qatari Royal Family (Mansour’s employer) refused to extradite Mansour and declared the charges as “baseless.”

In October Al-Jazeera asserted that Interpol had rejected the Egyptian request to put out a “red notice” for Ahmed Mansour’s arrest.

According to Al-Jazeera, Ahmed Mansour has corresponded with his employer, stating the following:

I am now in detention in Berlin airport in Germany as I was heading back to Doha.

The airport authorities detained me based on an Interpol order at the request of the Egyptian authorities. I informed [the police]that the global police organisation has rejected Egypt’s request and that I have this document from the Interpol to prove that I am not wanted in any charge. I also told them that all the cases that were filed against me in Egypt were fabricated. They, however, insisted on holding me in their detention centre for investigation. They told me that they will transfer me to face an investigating judge, who will determine my case.

I refused to sign the detention request until I speak to my lawyer who just got here. We hope that this misunderstanding will be resolved quickly. It is quite ludicrous that a country like Germany would enforce and support such a request made by a dictatorial regime like the one we have in Egypt. The Interpol itself cleared my name with this document that I have in my hands.

Recently, Egpyt’s President, ‘Abdel-Fattah Al-Sisi, visited the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, in Berlin; however, it is not confirmed whether or not Germany’s arrest of Mansour had anything to do with this visit.

Mansour, an avid Muslim Brotherhood supporter and member, had recently conducted two interviews with the Syrian Al-Qaeda leader “Abu Mohammad Al-Jolani” before his arrest in Germany."

Prominent Al-Jazeera Broadcaster Arrested in Berlin

Forum List

Back