Airlines Want to Ban Disruptive Passengers - Republicans Say No

The CEO's letter was not to members of Congress, it was to the AG.

And yes, the letter did address it.

View attachment 604873

View attachment 604875

You (not you specifically of course) aren't "convicted" for not wearing a mask, one is "convicted" in a court of law for illegal behavior such as threatening violence and assault when you refuse to either wear a mask (as required) or refuse to leave the area/airplane) which is trespassing.

W

Maybe read it a little slower. It said nothing about violence, he used the word "disruption" which could easily be a mask violation only.

I never said it was. You are saying that, dope.
Violence is the crime. Not masks.
The proposal applies to those convicted of crimes against air crews.

Yep, the idea that the no fly ban (which I disagree with BTW) would be for not wearing a mask and then arguing against that is the classic use of a "strawman".

WW

So how are mask violations enforced?

They are ordered to deplane or if on the ground to leave the airlines boarding area.

If they refuse, then I believe law enforcement is called in to remove them for trespassing.

If the individual leaves as ordered, they have refused to wear a mask and they would not be on any no fly list.

If the individual refuses to leave and assaults a flight attendant, then they would be convicted of assault in a court of law. At that time (if the Delta CEO's request that I disagree with were enacted) the individual could be placed on a federal no fly list.

It isn't for refusing to wear a mask, it's for being convicted of assault.

WW

Yep, those convicted in a court of law of endangering the safety of their fellow passengers should be banned from flying on future flights, but 8 conservative Republican Senators, the infamous Cancun Ted one of them, say NO!

Because……… Freedumb.

The senators argued that the Transportation Security Administration “was created in the wake of 9/11 to protect Americans from future horrific attacks, not to regulate human behavior onboard flights.”

The eight Republicans signing the letter are Sens. Cynthia M. Lummis (Wyo.), Mike Lee (Utah), James Lankford (Okla.), Marco Rubio (Fla.), Kevin Cramer (N.D.), Ted Cruz (Tex.), John Hoeven (N.D.) and Rick Scott (Fla.).

Now that wouldn't be fair we would be discriminating against those who have Behavior Disabilities on airplanes. We should not discriminate against those who want to take a piss on their neighbor rather than in the lavatory, refuse to wear a mask, refuse to remain seated, repeated harass and grope airline stewardesses, repeatedly kicking/ punching staff and passengers that walk by. They have the freedom to do so and stopping them from doing these things would be infringing upon their freedoms .

They are ordered to deplane or if on the ground to leave the airlines boarding area.

If they refuse, then I believe law enforcement is called in to remove them for trespassing.

If the individual leaves as ordered, they have refused to wear a mask and they would not be on any no fly list.

If the individual refuses to leave and assaults a flight attendant, then they would be convicted of assault in a court of law. At that time (if the Delta CEO's request that I disagree with were enacted) the individual could be placed on a federal no fly list.

It isn't for refusing to wear a mask, it's for being convicted of assault.

WW

Apparently that's not what the Republicans are concerned about and they know more about the topic than I do. Their concern is people who take off their mask perhaps in flight will be put on that list. And the FAA even said most of the disruption violations have to do with mask wearing.

Apparently that's not what the Republicans are concerned about and they know more about the topic than I do. Their concern is people who take off their mask perhaps in flight will be put on that list. And the FAA even said most of the disruption violations have to do with mask wearing.
Then, as usual, the republicans are bitching about the wrong thing.

The problem is not why such people are banned but that this mewling CEO is looking for federal cover for something that is already within his power to accomplish.

If DELTA wants to ban people then ban them. It is not the job of government to choose a companies customer base. They can do their own damn dirty work. They have that power RIGHT NOW.

The Republicans are concerned that the CEO of Delta will apply his political hostility* against people who take off their masks in flight and get them on that list, lumping them in with actual violent people.

As we have seen, leftists apply punishment to people unevenly - depending on whether they are perceived as “one of them,” or the enemy conservatives. (As an example, look at that outrage about a teen who broke curfew compared to the BLM animals who were burning the place down. Or more recently, how parents who dissent at School Board meetings have the FBI sicced on them while BLM rioters are bailed out of jail. And look at how Canada treats peaceful protestors - by freezing their bank accounts to starve them into submission.)

The CEO of Delta wants to be able to make a show of those who take their masks off - and ban them for life - by getting the federal government to reign down on them.

*The CEO is an outspoken Leftist.

The Republicans are concerned that the CEO of Delta will apply his political hostility* against people who take off their masks in flight and get them on that list, lumping them in with actual violent people.

As we have seen, leftists apply punishment to people unevenly - depending on whether they are perceived as “one of them,” or the enemy conservatives. (As an example, look at that outrage about a teen who broke curfew compared to the BLM animals who were burning the place down. Or more recently, how parents who dissent at School Board meetings have the FBI sicced on them while BLM rioters are bailed out of jail. And look at how Canada treats peaceful protestors - by freezing their bank accounts to starve them into submission.)

The CEO of Delta wants to be able to make a show of those who take their masks off - and ban them for life - by getting the federal government to reign down on them.

He has to be. By his own admission they had a list of people they wouldn't allow on their airlines for quite some time now, but the guy is a control freak and wants to get even with them by not only stopping them from flying on their airlines, but stopping them on all airlines. Controlling people is the nature of a leftist.

Speaking of double standards, the largest domestic terrorist attack happened in Wisconsin last year. He sought a white community for his mass murder, running over 50 of them killing 6 people including an 8 year old white boy. The media dropped that story in less than a week because he was a renown racist and staunch BLM supporter. We still don't know what happened with that guy because nobody is reporting on it.

Now imagine if it was a white guy with an AK that went to a black are to kill as many blacks as possible and a supporter of the Proud Boys. Like covid during Trump's final year, we would be getting an update on what happens to him every minute of every day including what he had for breakfast yesterday, topped off with how this proves we need to get guns out of the hands of people.

Yep, the idea that the no fly ban (which I disagree with BTW) would be for not wearing a mask and then arguing against that is the classic use of a "strawman".

WW
The guy admits he didn’t read the OPs link and never found his own source. He’s literally arguing for pages about something he knows nothing about.

How can someone be “convicted of an incident”? Convictions are for crimes, and they are determined in a court of law.

Of course, an airline has the right to refuse certain attire onto its planes, but that is a private business decision.
I believe disobeying a flight crew is a crime and people have been arrested for that.

So don't fly Delta. Airplanes recirculate stale air.

So don't fly Delta. Airplanes recirculate stale air.
The whole pandemic problem is a result of modern society. It's very conducive to its spread and re-spread. Recycle seems endless and when people don't cooperate to try to prevent the spread of it, it just makes matters worse. When they forbade all restraint use in the nursing homes. The first thing that happened was people started to fall. When I asked one of the inspectors why they did away with them all and explain how it often protected people it should have been done Case by case. She replied, " they have the right to die. " Talk about counterproductive rhetoric, I couldn't believe she said that. I guess they figured freedom was more important than safety.

The whole pandemic problem is a result of modern society. It's very conducive to its spread and re-spread. Recycle seems endless and when people don't cooperate to try to prevent the spread of it, it just makes matters worse. When they forbade all restraint use in the nursing homes. The first thing that happened was people started to fall. When I asked one of the inspectors why they did away with them all and explain how it often protected people it should have been done Case by case. She replied, " they have the right to die. " Talk about counterproductive rhetoric, I couldn't believe she said that. I guess they figured freedom was more important than safety.
Total bullshit from a total traitor.

Forum List

Back