Airline Misery

Discussion in 'Travel' started by DGS49, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,542
  2. williepete

williepete Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,570
    I flew bizjets 15 years out of my 32 year aviation career. The airlines were the best salesmen we had. As soon as someone became wealthy enough to fly with us they called. The airlines were the first thing they wanted out of their lives.

Whenever I hear anyone complain bitterly about the airlines, I think of all the fine people in corporate aviation who have great paying jobs--pilots, mechanics, dispatchers, flight attendants, limo drivers, caterers, etc...

As much as I hated taking an airline to and from work, I always smiled when I heard the irate passengers going off. For us, it was job security.

And I got to semi-retire early because of that great job and a sane wife. I still have gobs of frequent flyer miles but do I take the airlines when I travel?

HELL NO!

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,106
    I pony up for a first class seat. It's worth it.

4. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Wrestling with Weirdos

Airline travel today is at least (now more than ever) 'colorful.'

"A Japanese sumo wrestler named Ichiro gets on board a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt, Germany to New York, USA. He is given a special first-class seat to accommodate his space/weight needs and dietary regimen. What Ichiro does not know is that one of the Lufthansa stewardesses on board is a woman named Elsa who is involved in an intricate international opium-smuggling operation. When she is arrested when the flight lands in New York, Ichiro hurries of the plane, worried that the bad press could negatively affect his American diplomatic meeting regarding a USA-Japan sumo-wrestling training program."

There has to be a way to coordinate traffic-intrigue with muscular amenities.

:afro:

INCB

condiment-king.jpg

5. Aktas

Aktas Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    flying with American Airlines ?

6. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +386
    The Un-Sewn Stewardess

The sister of a famous American actress writes in her diary, "I think of my big-time Hollywood sister driving her cool Mercedes and traveling around the world to 'work' for movie-making, and I think for myself that my 'boxy but safe' Volvo is boring me to death and leading me to consider a career as a stewardess for British Airways."

By the time you're on a British Airways flight, this 'secret celebrity sister/cousin' stewardess is by now well-seasoned in the routines of airline travel hospitality bureaucracy, and if you can't curry her favors somehow, she'll 'help' you see that perhaps even ordering a small Vodka on a first-class flight can be demanding on the patience.

Stewardess School

album.jpg

7. Abishai100

Abishai100 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Traffic Tilapia

Imagine that a KLM Stewardess named Elsa and a Qantas stewardess named Shelbye are friends and unknowingly share the same boyfriend, a British Airways airline pilot named Stuart who's involved in an international opium-smuggling operation. As the personal lives of Elsa, Shelbye, and Stuart inter-connect in the pedestrian world and the underworld, we unwitting tourists and passengers are left to the whims of tips.

:afro:

Airport 1975 (Film)

klm.jpg qantas.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,450
    I will hitch-hike before subjecting myself to a flying cattlecar.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. 2lit2politic

2lit2politic Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Not tryna hate on U.S. airlines but they seriously need to step their game up. I mean, just look at Emirates, Qantas, Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways just to name a few. They know how to treat their economy class passengers with dignity.

• Agree Agree x 1