Air Force Starts Experiments for 6th Gen Fighter

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
The US has all the parts to do this. The 2020s (just 3 years away) will be exciting to say the least.

6_5610057.jpg

Air Force Starts Experiments for 6th Gen Fighter

Nothing like killing more people

Depends on whom you kill.

Besides, who wouldn't want to go out from one of those bad boys than dying in a nursing home from rectal cancer and you can't remember who your kids are?

You know, if drone technology keeps gaining at the pace it has been, eventually manned fighter aircraft will go the way of the dodo.

• Banned
You know, if drone technology keeps gaining at the pace it has been, eventually manned fighter aircraft will go the way of the dodo.

One of the problems I can see in drone use is that the other side will learn to disrupt it. The idea of a fully autonomous AI with weapons bristling is more than a bit scary.

One of the problems I can see in drone use is that the other side will learn to disrupt it. The idea of a fully autonomous AI with weapons bristling is more than a bit scary.

Agreed. But, in order to have a pilot, you limit the aircraft to the kind of maneuvers it can do (no more than 10 g), as well as have a lot of systems that aren't required for the aircraft or weapons systems themselves, they are there to keep the pilot alive.

Agreed. But, in order to have a pilot, you limit the aircraft to the kind of maneuvers it can do (no more than 10 g), as well as have a lot of systems that aren't required for the aircraft or weapons systems themselves, they are there to keep the pilot alive.

Hence the idea of having drones laughed by the fighter/bomber that make up for this. Missiles are supposed to do this but they can be defeated if you know they are on the way.

The addition of an offensive/defensive laser should make up the disparages you noted for manned fighters. The problem we have right now, we only have one fighter that has the room built in for it and the additional juice to power it and that is the F-35A in order to carry in internally.

will we have the money for this, in the future?
probably will put more money into anti-terrorists efforts in the future

will we have the money for this, in the future?
probably will put more money into anti-terrorists efforts in the future

Considering all the 6th gen will go into the F-35 in the end making the F-35 more a 5+ fighter, it's not that difficult to move one of the successful drones in size and adapting it with the F-35 bells and whistles. Like I said, we already have all the pieces but we just haven't built it yet.

Forum List

Back