Ahem, On the Non PC General

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/39390.htm

2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Gen Mattis rules :beer:

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    -scratch a veteran looking for pity and more often than not you'll find a supply clerk who never got near a battlefield.

LOL - you suppose the author came to that conclusion after meeting a character like archangel?

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I wanna see this guy at a press conference. He'd be like the guy who ran the Panama campaign. Sometimes, the reporter would ask a question and he'd just say, "That's question's asinine. Next question?"

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    The General is correct...I dont want some PC, kinder, gentler soul fighting...I want those guys (and gals) who are not afraid to get in a knock down, snot slinging, rolling in the mud brawl and not afraid to win it. We can all afford to be PC, kinder and gentler AFTER we have won. If you do that before you win....you are just European.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    exactly what we need. PC isnt worth a fuck on the battle field. they need that back in the rear

7. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I briefly met General Mattis when he was a one star as 1stMarDivs CG. Buddy of mine was a new minted WO and we were at his wetdown. The General showed up to shake hands and congratulate all concerned. He stuck around and everyone had a good time.

God I hate retirement..........

April 06, 2003
    Close With And Destroy the Enemy

The mission of the marine rifle squad is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver -- or to repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat.

As a Marine things are drilled into you -- so that you don't think, you just act. It's called muscle memory and is practiced in numerous "immediate action" drills.

Right now my fellow Marines are engaged in close combat with Islamic fundamentalists in a swamp outside of Baghdad. By close combat, I mean they are killing the enemy with knives, bayonets and e-tools (the little fold up metal shovels that they use to dig fighting holes) and their hands if necessary.

More Motivation

8. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    You know what kills me? This guy is doing a job where he and his colleagues don't know if they are going to live to see quitting time. So the way they deal with it is with this bravado.... if they didn't do that, they probably would go nuts.

The same thing with the mud wrestling incident. If those women did that sort of thing on their own without anyone getting hurt, then hey cut them some slack. They're trying to let off some steam, forget their problems and stay sane. I think that those of us who are benefitting from their sacrifice aren't in much of any position (if any) to judge them.

I think that both of these incidents are much ado about nothing and just another attempt ny the MSM and the liberal know-it-alls to undermine the morale of our fighting men and women. To those Park Avenue liberals and Hollywood Hitler Youth that have a problem with the military, let them answer this question.....

When was the last time they did something that brought freedom, hope for a better future and a higher standard of living to 50 million people?

(Silence)

Yeah I thought so..... well, if they can't do better, then they shouldn't be taking pot shots at America's finest!!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Now that's not fair Karl. They surely give money to dictators all the time, which will of course go to feed the starving children. Plus when all those poor people see Sean Penn in Mystic River, their stomachs suddenly fill up and all diseases vanish away.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    The day that the talking heads get together and get off their collective arses and actually go DO something besides sit in their nice comfy little world and criticize is the day hell will freeze over. Hell will never freeze over if that is the only criteria!