After the Breakup

From personal experience, after my ex-wife stalked for months, i'd have to say men handle it better ........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

I had an ex boyfriend stalk me where I worked and socialized.

I had another ex boyfriend constantly call my sister asking her why I didn't' love him anymore.

I had another ex boyfriend write me sappy love songs, then send them to me.

Read the article. :eusa_whistle:

I had another ex boyfriend constantly call me\y sister asking her why I didn't' love him anymore.

I can top that.

I had an ex-girlfriend stalk my mother on AOL for about 3 months after we broke up.
Now, that was just insane.

I had another ex boyfriend constantly call me\y sister asking her why I didn't' love him anymore.

Ok, read it, i think it's pretty much on about men, but gives women too much credit, at least the women i've known aren't as reasonable as the article suggests..........

Last edited:
Well, if this is anything to go by, it must be men!:eusa_whistle:

"I got married," said the guy in the pub, "so that I could get laid three or four times a week."

"That's funny," said the regular next to him. "Because that's the reason I got divorced."

Last edited:
Well, if this is anything to go by, it must be men!:eusa_whistle:

"I got married," said the said the guy in the pub, "so that I could get laid three or four times a week."

"That's funny," said the regular next to him. "Because that's the reason I got divorced."

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

I can top that.

I had an ex-girlfriend stalk my mother on AOL for about 3 months after we broke up.
Now, that was just insane.

THAT is freaky! :eek:

From the article,
Some relationships end with fighting. Some end with crying. Some end with sex.
Interestingly enough, right after my ex and I left the courtroom finalizing our divorce, we went to her house and had celebratory sex with each other.

From the article,
Some relationships end with fighting. Some end with crying. Some end with sex.
Interestingly enough, right after my ex and I left the courtroom finalizing our divorce, we went to her house and had celebratory sex with each other.

I wouldn't touch my ex hubby with your ten foot poll! :eek:

Methinks 10' poles would ensure the dumpee gave up and got over it rather quick... :eek:

The dumper always fares better than the dumpee.

I think you're spot on MM. I've been the dumper and the dumpee, and I know how it felt each time. Dumper, always better. When I got dumped by my "first love," it took a couple years to get over that. When I dumped my last wife, I moved on immediately while she cried and called my parents for weeks after wards.

Last edited:
MM beat me to it. It all depends on the instigator.

Well of course it is. Gender doesn't matter with a broken heart. The point of the article was, who deals with that broken heart better, men or women?

My heart was broken in a million pieces when I was 24 years old, it took me years to get over him. I have broken a heart or two in my day too.

I guess it depends how do you get over that heartbreak, eh? Men and women handle it differently. After my heartache I went back to college and graduated with honors. So I guess it was a good thing in the long run! :)

Well of course it is. Gender doesn't matter with a broken heart. The point of the article was, who deals with that broken heart better, men or women?

My heart was broken in a million pieces when I was 24 years old, it took me years to get over him. I have broken a heart or two in my day too.

I guess it depends how do you get over that heartbreak, eh? Men and women handle it differently. After my heartache I went back to college and graduated with honors. So I guess it was a good thing in the long run! :)

I might be inclined to say men, in that case. My only basis for this is evolutionary biology, and accordingly, sociobiology. Since the biological imperative for both men and women was to reproduce, the best method for a man to do that was to spread his seed as far and wide as possible (which provides a basis for modern men considering sex in recreational terms), and the best method for a woman to do that was to carefully select a reliable mate who would protect her during her pregnancy and after childbirth (which provides a basis for modern women considering sex romantic terms.)

That's not to say that men don't form emotional attachments of course; such attachments are a critically important component of a functioning relationship. And there are certainly many "chaste" men and "promiscuous" women. But I do think there might be a general tendency for both men and women to have adapted their evolutionary inclinations to modern life, and accordingly, men can generally "bounce back" more quickly.

Forum List

Back