• AIs can comprehend phrases.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • AIs can drive a car / truck even in heavy traffic

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • AIs can cook a meal without human intervention

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • AIs can compose a musical score

• AIs can produce an original painting based on a style / set of styles.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • AIs can recognize the objects/ animals / plants in a picture

• AIs can predict behavior based on body language

• Total voters

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
As AI advances, I've started to consider the idea of a universal minimum income more seriously.
Many people disregard it quickly. I think this is probably because they are unaware of the most recent advances in AI

images

It will be so nice to be... taken care of.

*****SARCASTIC SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
As AI advances, I've started to consider the idea of a universal minimum income more seriously.
Many people disregard it quickly. I think this is probably because they are unaware of the most recent advances in AI

I have always been a government minimalist, but I agree with you that over the next few decades there will be major changes in manufacturing and service industries driven by robotics that will force some sort of government intervention. I could see easily a third of the blue collar jobs eliminated or reduced by advanced robots. That would lead to unemployment the likes of which we have never seen, not even during the Depression.

I would be bothered if gov or big corps used AI to mess with animal DNA to develop organisms.

I have always been a government minimalist, but I agree with you that over the next few decades there will be major changes in manufacturing and service industries driven by robotics that will force some sort of government intervention. I could see easily a third of the blue collar jobs eliminated or reduced by advanced robots. That would lead to unemployment the likes of which we have never seen, not even during the Depression.

But not only blue collar jobs. Painting ? Music composition? Understanding frases and formulating answers... gee. Even entry level white collar jobs are at risk.

But not only blue collar jobs. Painting ? Music composition? Understanding frases and formulating answers... gee. Even entry level white collar jobs are at risk.

upload_2017-5-14_13-2-12.jpeg

It would be easier to replace most of the white collar workers. All it takes is an intelligent mainframe to do what any bean counter does. Desk jobs will be the most vulnerable.

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 126608

It would be easier to replace most of the white collar workers. All it takes is an intelligent mainframe to do what any bean counter does. Desk jobs will be the most vulnerable.

*****CHUCKLE*****

That's why I said entry level white collar workers... experienced white collar workers do things which are a lot harder: find data discrepancies , make short and long term planning, interpret sales results, coordinate teams.

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

That's why I said entry level white collar workers... experienced white collar workers do things which are a lot harder: find data discrepancies , make short and long term planning, interpret sales results, coordinate teams.

The machines will realize they have no need of those jobs shortly before wiping us all out

AI's programing and deploying self aware mission specific AI's.

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

The machines will realize they have no need of those jobs shortly before wiping us all out

Actually no. That requires autonomy which is orthogonal to intelligence and sentience which runs parallel to intelligence.
Ants show intelligent cooperative behavior, but are not sentient beings.

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

I think a high level AI would be more than adequate to handle all those things just as proficiently, if not more, as most the humans I've known. Don't worry my son the machine will..... take care of you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-14_15-28-52.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-14_15-28-52.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 52

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

I think a high level AI would be more than adequate to handle all those things just as proficiently, if not more, as most the humans I've known. Don't worry my son the machine will..... take care of you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

They can , but they still have to be fed the data since they are not autonomous. That would require a robot capable of interacting with the environment which doesn't exist right now ( but give it 10 or 20 years and things might be very different).

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

They can , but they still have to be fed the data since they are not autonomous. That would require a robot capable of interacting with the environment which doesn't exist right now ( but give it 10 or 20 years and things might be very different).

upload_2017-5-14_15-48-29.jpeg

If it's capable of driving a vehicle, making repairs to microcircuits, reading body language, view data from various sensorial inputs, compose and create, predict behavior, comprehend phrases, speak, etc,... what makes you think that it's not capable of interacting with it's environment?

A slight push and it might figure out that it doesn't really require humans at all...

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 126622

If it's capable of driving a vehicle, making repairs to microcircuits, reading body language, view data from various sensorial inputs, compose and create, predict behavior, comprehend phrases, speak, etc,... what makes you think that it's not capable of interacting with it's environment?

A slight push and it might figure out that it doesn't really require humans at all...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Yes, it is just the cost: it still needs to be trainned, tested and mass produced.
And the trainning only takes place once, so right now the only entry barriers are the testing and mass production stages.
Tessla cars are still very expensive, but Elon Musk has tipped the possibility that they "might" be used as autonomous taxis so you could actually get an income from a Tesla car. If he really wants to play that card he might be able to "drive Uber" out of business ( pun intended)

View attachment 126608

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 126622

*****CHUCKLE*****

Yes, it is just the cost: it still needs to be trainned, tested and mass produced.
And the trainning only takes place once, so right now the only entry barriers are the testing and mass production stages.

upload_2017-5-14_16-11-37.jpeg

Sorry human... A machine, once trained, can train another and it would be a lot more efficient and cost effective.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Is the most recent advance that employment just hit 96.4% in America. See why we have to be positive that liberalism is based in pure Ignorance.

Is the most recent advance that employment just hit 96.4% in America. See why we have to be positive that liberalism is based in pure Ignorance.

I tend to look at the employment level rather than looking at the unemployment level. Yea, things are looking better, but I would really feel better if they reached the pre-crisis levels.

Civilian Employment-Population Ratio

Forum List

Back