Adults Only...

What time should a 17 year old girl be home?

• 9 pm

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 10 pm

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 11 pm

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • 12 pm

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mr. P said:
What time should a 17 year old girl be home on Fri/Sat nights?

Comment if you like..

If you know the friends/boy: 12:30am

If not: 11 pm

I started college when I was 17. I didn't have a curfew. Maybe I should have...

I think it really depends on the kid.

Mr. P said:

Comment if you like..

Hard to give a generic answer. What will she be doing? Who with? Do you know them? etc..

If she is just hanging out with no general plans, then 11:30 or 12:00 would probalby be ok.

If there are definite plans - a concert, dance, etc...then maybe later.

Not to mention the relationship with her and the parents, trust level, etc.

How is she doing in school? Lots of factors.

11:00pm. Period. There's nothing else a 17 year old KID needs to be doing outside after 11pm. They're not even allowed to *work* that late, as far as I remember.

Shattered said:
11:00pm. Period. There's nothing else a 17 year old KID needs to be doing outside after 11pm. They're not even allowed to *work* that late, as far as I remember.

Amen.

As far as my high school memories suffice (and my parents let me off the leash my junior year after a half decade of 'no freedom'), everything bad happened after 11 pm.

Mr. P said:

Comment if you like..

I agree with Kathianne if you know the boy or she is with many trustworthy friends, or the parents are home during the party, 12 or 12. 30 pm

Otherwise 11 pm IMO

NATO AIR said:
Amen.

.... everything bad happened after 11 pm.
And nothing good happens after 12pm..I was never called out to any high speed mva
(motor vehicle accident) before 12pm..Many times it was teens..speeding, having "fun", and just missing that curve in the road and finding that big damn tree to stop them.

Be home? The question should be "Should a 17 year old girl be allowed out of the house unless daddy is riding shotgun?"

When I think of the things I was doing with my sweety well before 11pm . . . . a curfew won't stop that .
The big problem with those guys being out later is what they will be subjected to . The drunk driving starts early on weekends. If people are drinking , they are drunk by 11 so no matter where they are they will encounter that kind of behavior. At 17 they may think they are "fast and furious drivers" but they lack the time behind the wheel to have any real skill . They also have very little defensive driving skills . . . a must on late night streets , a carload of teens (with all of the distractions for the driver)is a disaster waiting to happen.
Most movies and concerts are over by 10:30 -11pm, any later than 11 gives time for trouble to develop . Where i live there is a curfew of 11pm for pre-seventeen kids every night unless they are working or with their parents . I still see them out but it gives the parents the backing of the law when they are telling them to be back by 11.. After all they all have internet , cell phones , etc. . . . do they really need to be in front of the movie theater hanging out smoking cigarettes?

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
My parents' policy with being out was this (btw, I voted 11).

Gotta have homework done, then can't be out past 11. That way, she's in bed by midnight and can be at least moderately rested the next morning. My parents also have to know where she is and who with. Failure to comply with these rules results in...consequences.

Shattered said:

actually, until the kid is 16, they cannot work past 7pm then after that, they can work as late as they want or the parents allow. at least in this state.

my sister is 17. she has a curfew of 1am IF AND ONLY IF:
-her grades are good (she averages A's in most classes anyhow)
-she is current with her 'bills' (insurance, cell phone, internet)
-her chores are done

my sister is a good kid. of she's gonna be late, she will call and check in, usually letting mom know she is on her way or is going to stay at her friend's house. she doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs. She just likes to hang out with friends and such. She's also in the drama club at school, so when plays are being rehearsed and performed, she may be up as late as 2 am at the after parties. I was pretty much the same way. I wasn't ever into drinking or anything like that. My friends were so much fun to be with, none of us wanted to go to sleep or go home.

Merlin1047 said:
Be home? The question should be "Should a 17 year old girl be allowed out of the house unless daddy is riding shotgun?"

so you must be one of those dads that pull your daugher's date aside and tell him that if he gets any ideas about hugging, kissing, and such, you have no problem going back to prison. You have a .45 and a shovel, and doubt anyone would miss him....?

my husband wants to have a daughter just so he can say that stuff to her date... :rolleyes:

I had a job and was paying for my own place when I was seventeen, and also graduated high school when I was seventeen. Not that I had bad parents or a bad home life because I didn't. I just wanted to be independent.

But my only comment on what hour should a seventeen year old girl be home at night... all I can say is I'm glad I don't have a daughter. That one would stress me.

My nephew that we adopted is now 17 and we let him stay out until 11:30 and sometimes later depending on what he is doing, with whom, etc. Living in Vegas, they like to hang out on the strip but I won't allow him that. He doesn't need to go to the Bellagio after midnight. We're pretty strict with his time compared to his friends, but oh well, he is MY responsibility!!

BTW: I chose midnight.

Pale Rider said:
I had a job and was paying for my own place when I was seventeen, and also graduated high school when I was seventeen. Not that I had bad parents or a bad home life because I didn't. I just wanted to be independent.
I joined the Army when I was 17... :laugh:

Pale Rider said:
But my only comment on what hour should a seventeen year old girl be home at night... all I can say is I'm glad I don't have a daughter. That one would stress me.
I know what you mean!

fuzzykitten99 said:
so you must be one of those dads that pull your daugher's date aside and tell him that if he gets any ideas about hugging, kissing, and such, you have no problem going back to prison. You have a .45 and a shovel, and doubt anyone would miss him....?

my husband wants to have a daughter just so he can say that stuff to her date... :rolleyes:

Wish my daddy would've done that! :(

Forum List

Back