Administration Rejects Regulating Greenhouse Gases

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
The Bush administration on Friday rejected regulating greenhouse gases blamed for global warming, saying it would damage the U.S. economy and cause too many job losses.

In a 588-page federal notice, the Environmental Protection Agency made no finding on whether global warming poses a threat to people's health, reversing an earlier conclusion at the insistence of the White House and officially kicking any decision on a solution to the next president and Congress.

ABC News: Bush Rejects Regulating Greenhouse Gases

The good old "job killer" argument...

You have to love it... particularly when you realize that alternative energy could be huge for job growth and creation of entirely new industries. Of course, Exxon/Mobil would get cranky.

Drilling will also create many jobs, and Exxon is not afraid of alternatives, when they arrive I am sure they will be making money off them.

We should both Drill and go after alternatives, just imaging how many jobs that will create.

Drilling will also create many jobs, and Exxon is not afraid of alternatives, when they arrive I am sure they will be making money off them.

We should both Drill and go after alternatives, just imaging how many jobs that will create.

You could keep banging your head up against that wall... you'll never get consensus on it.

Again, read the report. Drilling in ANWR serves no useful purpose at all, on its own or in conjunction with other efforts. So why does the right insist on focusing on something that only exists as a symbolic battle and instead of actually working on things that ARE useful?

You have to love it... particularly when you realize that alternative energy could be huge for job growth and creation of entirely new industries. Of course, Exxon/Mobil would get cranky.

What would stop an individual, university, or private enterprise from going forth? There's tons of $$ to be made.

You could keep banging your head up against that wall... you'll never get consensus on it.

Again, read the report. Drilling in ANWR serves no useful purpose at all, on its own or in conjunction with other efforts. So why does the right insist on focusing on something that only exists as a symbolic battle and instead of actually working on things that ARE useful?

LOL, your second paragraph. ANWR is the quickest, but not the best. We should be developing all our known and possible assets, while adding incentives to developing new.

Did you read the report? ANWR does nada....nichts... rien... nulla... niets ...

I have seen reports say all sorts of things. Fact is I didnt say only anwar. I said drill. Drill off our coasts, Drill in anwar, go after oil shale in the mid west, also go after alternative fuels, Build more refineries, more Nuke plants. Do it all.

But why am I arguing with you, Your mind is clearly closed on the subject.

Forum List

Back