Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A gun that can shoot a projectile through one person into another person is not a "prop gun". It's a gun.

One would also think the movie industry would learn something sooner or later.
One would think Hollywood would train in firearm handling and safety, anyone who would be handling anything even resembling a firearm. It works for realism as well as safety.

There really is no excuse for this, especially given the advanced nature of CGI.

One would think Hollywood would train in firearm handling and safety, anyone who would be handling anything even resembling a firearm. It works for realism as well as safety.

There really is no excuse for this, especially given the advanced nature of CGI.

CGI is expensive. Low budget films can't afford it.

Based on the fact they were using the guns for target practice the propmaster is still culpable.

You simply don't allow that to happen. Propmasters who have had requests from crew to shoot the guns will wait till after the show has wrapped, then the crew can shoot up the blanks that are left over. But there are NO LIVE ROUNDS ANYWHERE!

Allowing the crew to handle the guns while the show is filming is unprofessional as hell.
Well, sure, but she may not have known they were doing it! I think people were getting at those guns and she didn't know. You could say she should have, they should have been locked up --- I wonder why they weren't.

A gun that can shoot a projectile through one person into another person is not a "prop gun". It's a gun.

One would also think the movie industry would learn something sooner or later.
But the American film industry is American. We don't learn things in America, until there is a crisis.

Involuntary manslaughter, anyone?

1635189938232.png

Bullshit. A live round ended up on that set and in that gun. That never should have happened. Baldwin had no responsibility for that
Bullshit.
You handle a gun, anything that happens with it is your responsibility.
How do you know a gun is or is not loaded? You check it.
What do you do when someone tells you the gun is not loaded? You check it.
What do yo NOT do witha gun you know is not loaded? Point it at someone and pull the trigger.

But... Baldwin is a like-minded leftist fool, so I understand your need to give him a pass.

Well, sure, but she may not have known they were doing it! I think people were getting at those guns and she didn't know. You could say she should have, they should have been locked up --- I wonder why they weren't.

If she is the propmaster she controls the guns. Period.

The protocols for gun handling on sets are well developed and KNOWN by propmasters.

She seems to have been allowing her desire for making connections to over ride her decision making process.

I have been on many movie sets going back to the 1960's. Things were looser in the 60's, then they tightened up. They have been strict ever since the 60's

She wasn't doing her job, and baldwin broke all of the rules of safe gun handling, and a talented woman is dead because of it.

Bullshit.
You handle a gun, anything that happens with it is your responsibility.
How do you know a gun is or is not loaded? You check it.
What do you do when someone tells you the gun is not loaded? You check it.
What do yo NOT do witha gun you know is not loaded? Point it at someone and pull the trigger.

But... Baldwin is a like-minded leftist fool, so I understand your need to give him a pass.

Do you suppose Cheney ever took a gun safety course?

Psst...
This isn't about me. Its not about Cheney.
It's about Baldwin and his impending involuntary manslaughter charge.

The argument was that mishandling guns was some sort of Democrat phenomenon.

It is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back