Activist has a change of heart after being in cops' shoes

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Pastor Jarrett Maupin, well-known in Maricopa County for leading protests against law enforcement, sees things a little differently now after being in a cop's shoes for a little while:

From the clip below, he says: "I didn't understand how important compliance was. But after going through this, yeah, my attitude has changed. This is all unfolding in ten or fifteen seconds, people need to comply with the orders of law enforcement officers for their own sake."

Tragically, Mr. Brown and Mr. Garner might well be alive today had they heeded those honest words.

Jarrett Maupin Trains With Maricopa County Sheriff s Office

Yeah! Do whatever a law enforcement officer tells you to do. Period. If not....you have forfeited your right to survive the encounter. Thanks to a dude in Arizona......the nation has learned a valuable lesson. Cops cannot be expected to be held responsible for what they may do to you if you don't do exactly what they tell you to do.

Pastor Jarrett Maupin, well-known in Maricopa County for leading protests against law enforcement, sees things a little differently now after being in a cop's shoes for a little while:

From the clip below, he says: "I didn't understand how important compliance was. But after going through this, yeah, my attitude has changed. This is all unfolding in ten or fifteen seconds, people need to comply with the orders of law enforcement officers for their own sake."

Tragically, Mr. Brown and Mr. Garner might well be alive today had they heeded those honest words.

Jarrett Maupin Trains With Maricopa County Sheriff s Office

Or at least had some home training which lays the foundation of recognizing right from wrong. Actually, the libs have the same problem

-Geaux

Yeah! Do whatever a law enforcement officer tells you to do. Period. If not....you have forfeited your right to survive the encounter. Thanks to a dude in Arizona......the nation has learned a valuable lesson. Cops cannot be expected to be held responsible for what they may do to you if you don't do exactly what they tell you to do.

Very well said :badgrin:

Keep it up and you should be cured in no time

-Geaux

Last edited:
Or at least had some home training which lays the foundation of recognizing right from wrong. Actually, the libs have the same problem

So let me get this straight. Some tax cheat aims guns at federal agents, and they are second Amendment heroes,

But some unarmed guy sells cigarettes and he deserves to be choked to death?

I have nothing but respect for the cops who go out and do the hard job of protecting the community.

I have nothing but contempt for cops that think a badge and a gun makes them better than the rest of us.

There are some cops who just plain should not be cops, and most police forces are not good at weeding those people out.

So let me get this straight. Some tax cheat aims guns at federal agents, and they are second Amendment heroes,

But some unarmed guy sells cigarettes and he deserves to be choked to death?

Your changng your tune to fit this... no? You are on record saying the fat bastard (why are these dead thugs so fat?) dies from health issues. Not the choke. But please, carry on

-Geaux

Your changng your tune to fit this... no? You are on record saying the fat bastard (why are these dead thugs so fat?) dies from health issues. Not the choke. But please, carry on

And if he died of a heart attack on his way home, i'd not have an issue with it.

Point was, the police action did provoke his heart condition.

And the other shoe dropped first, he did not comply

-Geaux

And if he died of a heart attack on his way home, i'd not have an issue with it.

Point was, the police action did provoke his heart condition.

And the other shoe dropped first, he did not comply

-Geaux

He didn't comply with a law that even conservatives thought was kind of stupid. I find it hilarious that as much as you Wingnuts gripe about freedom all day, you really want the police to keep "Those People" in their place.

The pastor - the activist's - point was that you comply.

Mr. Garner did not. Mr. Brown did not.

At least the pastor was honest about this, that took some real humility.

How refreshing.

Guy, when I have to worry about a cop shooting me for "Contempt of Cop", I really don't live in a free country anymore.

Especially since 90% of police activity is built around not stopping crime, but raising revenues for municipalities.

The pastor - the activist's - point was that you comply.

Mr. Garner did not. Mr. Brown did not.

At least the pastor was honest about this, that took some real humility.

How refreshing.

Guy, when I have to worry about a cop shooting me for "Contempt of Cop", I really don't live in a free country anymore.

Especially since 90% of police activity is built around not stopping crime, but raising revenues for municipalities.

Well, you can disagree with the pastor then.

If you want to cherry-pick laws, if you think others should cherry-pick laws, that's your call.

Something tells me you wouldn't lower standards like that for those with whom you disagree.

Well, you can disagree with the pastor then.

If you want to cherry-pick laws, if you think others should cherry-pick laws, that's your call.

Something tells me you wouldn't lower standards like that for those with whom you disagree.

The cops already cherry pick the laws. Or do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of people they stop for nucience offenses are not white?

Forum List

Back