ACLU demands Sheriff stop sharing bible verses his response won't make them happy

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A prominent civil rights group is demanding that an Oklahoma police department immediately stop sharing Bible verses on social media, but officials don’t seem interested in backing down.

ACLU Demands Sheriff Stop Sharing Bible Verses — His Response Won’t Make Them Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ACLU are nothing more than an ANTI AMERICAN hate group, they do not and have not protected the rights of American who have faith other than being a gawd dam fkn Muslim. Anything else they help strip it away with a few occasional make themselves look good cases that just might get lucky enough to have their support.

Isnt it interesting that the ACLU will defend every commie or Nazi to goose step across America but refuses to recognize the free speech rights of Christians?

Isnt it interesting that the ACLU will defend every commie or Nazi to goose step across America but refuses to recognize the free speech rights of Christians?

The problem, I would think, is that the verses are being put on social media through the sheriff department account, not the accounts of individuals. That puts it into the realm of government promotion of religion.

The sheriff's department ought to toss in a verse from the Koran, or the Talmud, or the Bhagavad Gita. It would be a lot harder to argue this is government promotion of a single religion if they just used a piece of scripture from another religion once in a while. :dunno:

The problem, I would think, is that the verses are being put on social media through the sheriff department account, not the accounts of individuals. That puts it into the realm of government promotion of religion.

The sheriff's department ought to toss in a verse from the Koran, or the Talmud, or the Bhagavad Gita. It would be a lot harder to argue this is government promotion of a single religion if they just used a piece of scripture from another religion once in a while. :dunno:

The First Amendment was written to prevent the silencing of religious views within the government as a form of establishing a formal relationship between the federal government and a denomination.

Thus it states:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

That amendment was set up to protect religious speech by members of government as the FF did not distinguish between speech defending and advocating for ones religion to be distinct from the practice of religion.

It is simply ironic in the extreme to see how it is being used to silence religious speech in its name through circuitous logic and the interpretation of interpretations of interpretations of case law that has the snake swallow itself.

A prominent civil rights group is demanding that an Oklahoma police department immediately stop sharing Bible verses on social media, but officials don’t seem interested in backing down.

ACLU Demands Sheriff Stop Sharing Bible Verses — His Response Won’t Make Them Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ACLU are nothing more than an ANTI AMERICAN hate group, they do not and have not protected the rights of American who have faith other than being a gawd dam fkn Muslim. Anything else they help strip it away with a few occasional make themselves look good cases that just might get lucky enough to have their support.

They can save that shit for Sunday at church, not on time this secular country pays them to work.

Total horseshit. They defend that Jesus nonsense all the damn time.

The First Amendment was written to prevent the silencing of religious views within the government as a form of establishing a formal relationship between the federal government and a denomination.

Thus it states:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

That amendment was set up to protect religious speech by members of government as the FF did not distinguish between speech defending and advocating for ones religion to be distinct from the practice of religion.

It is simply ironic in the extreme to see how it is being used to silence religious speech in its name through circuitous logic and the interpretation of interpretations of interpretations of case law that has the snake swallow itself.

Yes, but again, this is not an example of people expressing themselves as individuals. This is the sheriff's department account, a government account. Every officer has the right to express their religious belief as an individual, but this can be seen as an expression of the government's belief.

There is a big difference between Officer Smith posting Bible verses on his personal Facebook account and that same officer posting on the Mounds Police Department account.

There's also the ACLU's assertion that the actions violated the Oklahoma state constitution, as well as the federal constitution.

I don't see it as circuitous to say that a government agency posting religious scripture repeatedly and exclusively from one religion is government promotion of a religion.

You know, if this was on his personal social media site and he wanted to post that he was a police officer, as well as express his faith, I would have no problem with it. Why? Because it's on his personal social media site.

However.............posting Bible verses on an official site for the government and not posting verses from various other religions as well shows a definite bias for Christianity, and a government website should be free of that.

Example...................

When I did my final tour at the MEPS in Amarillo, I was the dude in charge of the Navy, my boss was all the way down in San Antonio. If I had posted something on the social media site for the MEPS about one religion over another, or one political candidate over another, that would be perceived by the public as that MEPS, if not the Navy as a whole supports one thing over the other, when in fact, they don't.

Matter of fact, if I would have gone to a political rally for one particular candidate over another in uniform, that would have been a violation and I could have been brought up on charges under the UCMJ, because it violates military standards. The military isn't supposed to be biased, and neither are the police.

If he wants to post Bible verses, fine, let him do it on his own social media site, not one paid for by the state.

They can save that shit for Sunday at church, not on time this secular country pays them to work.
You think the same when Obama lit the white house to resemble a gay flag?

Forum List

Back