Accused of video taping rape

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
A man on drugs videotaped himself raping a woman before laughing while watching the footage in front of her, a jury in the Invercargill District Court has been told.

Mark John Hird, 27, is on trial in the Invercargill District Court after denying charges of rape, sexual violation, attempted sexual violation, kidnapping, injuring with intent to injure and burglary. He admitted another charge of assault at the start of his trial yesterday.

All seven charges relate to the same incident at a rural Southland house this year.

The complainant said she was in bed asleep with a man when Hird arrived in his vehicle. He yelled outside the bedroom window, asking who was with her in the house, before climbing through a laundry window, she said.

More

Unbelievable...

something doesnt add up...how many rapists go into an apartment where there is already another man...how many men would hide in a wardrobe...

something doesnt add up...how many rapists go into an apartment where there is already another man...how many men would hide in a wardrobe...

that is what I was thinking too. Something is off. He didn't knock the guy out, just shoved him in a closet, set up a video camera and then not only raped the woman but then WATCHED the tape?

Debate: Should someone be held liable for a crime if they were not in control of their own actions?

Debate: Should someone be held liable for a crime if they were not in control of their own actions?

in what way were they not in control of their actions? mental incapacity is a defense but it's the burden of the defense to prove it.

Its their own fault they couldn't control their actions. He chose to do drugs so he chose to accept the consequences.

Well, if someone were mentally retarded and they shot someone, can you arrest the retarded person and put them in prison?

What about someone who's schizophrenic?

not only can you put them in jail, you can execute them.

"Rector seemed incapable of understanding his pending death sentence. For his last meal, he left the pecan pie on the side of the tray, telling the guards who came to take him to the execution chamber that he was saving it "for later".

Ricky Ray Rector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in what way were they not in control of their actions? mental incapacity is a defense but it's the burden of the defense to prove it.

A guy gets drunk because he's depressed that his wife dies of cancer. He tries to call a cab to go home, but he ran out of money. So he grabs his keys and he drives home. On his way home, he crashes head on into another car killing the occupants of the other car.

The drunk driver is going to get prosecuted for killing the couple. Should he sue the alcohol company for creating a product that caused his impairment? Should the family of the couple who was killed sue the auto manufacturer for creating a vehicle that didn't protect its passengers in a crash?

The guy was impaired - just like someone who is mentally disabled is impaired. In fact, even worse. In fact, he's been mentally disabled since his wife died.

Yea. The guy is messed up, but I don't know for sure that this sounds like rape to me. She gave him sex in hopes he would leave.

And what a pussy that other guy must have been. I would have killed that mother f'er.

The fact that the little guy stayed hidden, tells me that the guy who broke in is the woman's ex lover and...

It just sounds fishy. I'd have to hear more details.

A guy gets drunk because he's depressed that his wife dies of cancer. He tries to call a cab to go home, but he ran out of money. So he grabs his keys and he drives home. On his way home, he crashes head on into another car killing the occupants of the other car.

The drunk driver is going to get prosecuted for killing the couple. Should he sue the alcohol company for creating a product that caused his impairment? Should the family of the couple who was killed sue the auto manufacturer for creating a vehicle that didn't protect its passengers in a crash?

The guy was impaired - just like someone who is mentally disabled is impaired. In fact, even worse. In fact, he's been mentally disabled since his wife died.

wow...talk about stretching....

someone is mentally impaired through no fault of their own they should not be imprisoned but if they can't tell the difference between right and wrong and they pose a threat to society they should be hospitalized indefintely.

This is like people who sue the tobacco companies after a family member dies from smoking. my mother and father both died from smoking related illnesses and people said I should sue, esp after my mom died at 44 of lung cancer. I told those people they were nuts. It was my parents CHOICE to smoke and therefore they are responsible for their own diseases. Just like the guy in your story. If he chooses to drink and drive it's HIS responsiblity, regardless of the circumstance the "drove" him to drink.

If someone has the ability to make decisions and knows their decisions can impact other people negatively but they do it anyway, then they should take the consequences of their actions.

He was in control of his actions when he "chose" to get high, thus he is accountable for all byproducts from that choice! If he would like to claim that he did not know that getting high would create that byproduct, then he is still responsible for ingesting a mind altering substance without understanding the possible effects.

This goes right to what is killing us as societies, accepting personal responsibility.

Its their own fault they couldn't control their actions. He chose to do drugs so he chose to accept the consequences.

i am gonna take it you have never dropped acid...i really dont see someone...organizing a rape...on acid...i am sorry....most people have trouble finding the bathroom on acid...tend to not be real aggressive either and tend to not be real focused ...as in being able to set up a camera and push all them buttons...so i dont think the drugs made him do it...something just aint right here...

he came in thru the laundry room window....is this a communal laundry room or the one in her place? i mean the people inside were awake there had been yelling back and forth so why not call the police etc..

okay men...you are at a lady's house....you may or may not be involved but you are in her bed....some guy shows up and starts yelling up to the room you are in...woman is yelling out window back...hello what are you doing at this point?

i may be older than dirt but i do remember how men react....you got the fight or flight rule here....a man would either get up and go to the window or leave...i mean come on what an insult she is yelling out to some guy out the window ..we aint in high class land there are we?.... but stay and take a beating and listen to a women raped....how many men would do that...

o o wait..the guy having a threesome or watching....something aint right..

Last edited:
Well, if someone were mentally retarded and they shot someone, can you arrest the retarded person and put them in prison?

What about someone who's schizophrenic?

So you can claim your retarded if you shoot someone you don't like? Now someone reading that would claim he is "I Am Sam."

Forum List

Back