Accused drug-planting deputy slapped with two dozen new charges

Everyone claims the drugs aren't theirs when they get busted.
And a lot of the time, they're telling the truth. This crooked cop thought he was being slick, but this time his sleight of hand was a little off and he got caught on body cam planting meth in some lady's car.

And they're throwing the book at him, for good reason.

Last edited:
He was already indicted on 52 charges last year.

Prosecutors have leveled a host of new charges against the former Jackson County deputy accused of planting drugs on unwary drivers during bogus traffic stops recorded by his own body camera.

Zachary Wester, whose career in law enforcement came crashing down in 2018 after the allegations came to light, was indicted last year on a total of 52 counts, including charges of racketeering, official misconduct, perjury, fabricating evidence, false imprisonment and possession of drugs. The charges stemmed from Wester’s arrests of 11 different people.

Last month, prosecutors filed an amended information charging Wester with two dozen additional counts involving five more of his alleged victims. The charges stemmed from traffic stops in 2017 and 2018 in which drivers or passengers were arrested on drug charges including possession of methamphetamine and marijuana.

*snip*

In another of the new cases, Wester stopped a woman with two kids in the car because one of her brake lights was broken, according to arrest reports. After a search of the vehicle, Wester claimed several baggies with suspected meth were found on the front console under her wallet. She denied it was hers. But Wester arrested her for felony possession and — because kids were present — child endangerment.
If convicted, a lot of people innocent and guilty will be getting out of jail and maybe getting law suit payoffs.
They've already let dozens of people out of jail. Over 100 IIRC.

One lesson everybody should get out of this: Never, under any circumstances, consent to a search. When you consent to a search, that's like inviting a vampire into your home. It doesn't matter what they say to persuade you.

JUST SAY NO!

Last edited:

Prosecutors have leveled a host of new charges against the former Jackson County deputy accused of planting drugs on unwary drivers during bogus traffic stops recorded by his own body camera.

Zachary Wester, whose career in law enforcement came crashing down in 2018 after the allegations came to light, was indicted last year on a total of 52 counts, including charges of racketeering, official misconduct, perjury, fabricating evidence, false imprisonment and possession of drugs. The charges stemmed from Wester’s arrests of 11 different people.

Last month, prosecutors filed an amended information charging Wester with two dozen additional counts involving five more of his alleged victims. The charges stemmed from traffic stops in 2017 and 2018 in which drivers or passengers were arrested on drug charges including possession of methamphetamine and marijuana.

*snip*

In another of the new cases, Wester stopped a woman with two kids in the car because one of her brake lights was broken, according to arrest reports. After a search of the vehicle, Wester claimed several baggies with suspected meth were found on the front console under her wallet. She denied it was hers. But Wester arrested her for felony possession and — because kids were present — child endangerment.
If convicted, a lot of people innocent and guilty will be getting out of jail and maybe getting law suit payoffs.
Which sucks for taxpayers. Why should we have to pay because cops didn't enforce their own policies?

I'm sure the rest of the cops were honest hard working enforcers of the law. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.
Interesting take. What if you replaced the word "cops" with the word "blacks"? Would one bad apple still spoil the whole bunch?
If you listen to Republican pundits this is exactly correct: some Blacks commit crimes, so all Blacks should be viewed as criminals.

If you listen to Republican pundits this is exactly correct: some Blacks commit crimes, so all Blacks should be viewed as criminals.
I listen to republican pundits and you're full of shit, kid. Not that the entire site doesn't already know that from your juvenile post history.

Republicans don't want to reform this.
What makes you believe that? All corrupt cops should be fired and investigated.
Then why don't police clean up their own backyard? Chauvin had how many excessive force complaints against him?
Beats me. Perhaps you should ask the Democrats running Minneapolis.

As for the case you're angry about in this thread, you should ask the Democrat Sheriff the Deputy worked for.

Hmmm. I see a trend. Do you?

*snip*

One lesson everybody should get out of this: Never, under any circumstances, consent to a search. When you consent to a search, that's like inviting a vampire into your home. It doesn't matter what they say to persuade you.

JUST SAY NO!
That is a really good point. Understand though, like it or not, it might be in your own personal interests at the time (at least in your car, if you know it's clean) to go along and get along. Around local area, as a retired guy I would just say no. I have the time, feel the right and need to not have my privacy invaded on a whim, so would refuse and insist on a warrant, locking the car behind me. If on vacation, with a destination to get to, it might be different, as it is quicker to tell them this is bulllshit, but ya'll go ahead, at least if you promise to help reload the SUV when you are done. All they would find in mine is my weapon, spare loaded magazine and spare ammo, as they would already know I had, the minute they are handed my license and permit when pulled over. I am licensed for that. I guess that restricts me to 23 states, but I like those states best anyway and never lost anything in any of the other states than the ones that recognize my federally verified permit that I need to find or wish to see. I am particular where I spend my tourist dollars.

*snip*

JUST SAY NO!
That is a really good point. Understand though, like it or not, it might be in your own personal interests at the time (at least in your car, if you know it's clean) to go along and get along. Around local area, as a retired guy I would just say no. I have the time, feel the right and need to not have my privacy invaded on a whim, so would refuse and insist on a warrant, locking the car behind me. If on vacation, with a destination to get to, it might be different, as it is quicker to tell them this is bulllshit, but ya'll go ahead, at least if you promise to help reload the SUV when you are done. All they would find in mine is my weapon, spare loaded magazine and spare ammo, as they would already know I had, the minute they are handed my license and permit when pulled over. I am licensed for that. I guess that restricts me to 23 states, but I like those states best anyway and never lost anything in any of the other states than the ones that recognize my federally verified permit that I need to find or wish to see. I am particular where I spend my tourist dollars.
Actually it's quicker to refuse to consent to a search. Searches take time.

Just say no, I don't consent to searches.

There are no circumstances under which consenting to a search can possibly benefit you in any way. So when you do a risk/benefit analysis, it's a no brainer.

Just say no.

Last edited:

*snip*

Which sucks for taxpayers. Why should we have to pay because cops didn't enforce their own policies?
Who else? We are responsible for the misdeeds and mistakes of our employees. Definitely suck, thou

*snip*

JUST SAY NO!

There are no circumstances under which consenting to a search can possibly benefit you in any way. So when you do a risk/benefit analysis, it's a no brainer.
If you think they might not hold you there until they get a warrant, you may be in for a long wait and a search, while you are in handcuffs on the side of the road and your check-in time or reservation for that attraction comes and goes, possibly with your money already spent.

*snip*

Who else? We are responsible for the misdeeds and mistakes of our employees. Definitely suck, thou

*snip*

JUST SAY NO!

If you think they might not hold you there until they get a warrant, you may be in for a long wait and a search, while you are in handcuffs on the side of the road and your check-in time or reservation for that attraction comes and goes, possibly with your money already spent.
They cannot detain you for refusing to consent to a search. That's not probable cause.

*snip*

*snip*

JUST SAY NO!

They cannot detain you for refusing to consent to a search. That's not probable cause.
For right or wrong, you can probably be detained on the side of the road for a while. That's fine with me, if I don't have someplace to be.

*snip*

Leftists: All cops are bad!
Also leftists: Only cops should have guns!

LOL

*snip*

LOL
wants more government.jpg

*snip*

LOL
View attachment 491705
That meme says so much about you.

*snip*

Wow.

How many lives did that man destroy in all his years of on that police force?

He was caught in 2018. How many years has he been doing that.

What a horrible man.

Forum List

Back