LilOlLady's Everlasting Gobstopper Illegal Immigration Thread

Who cares?

The thing that matters is that he was born here.

And honestly, I'm pretty sure there have already been "Anchor Baby" Presidents.. How so? Well, most ancestors were Immigrants who weren't Citizens.

So, your point?

There is more to it than born here. There have not been an anchor baby president. Immigraint that entered before the 14th amendment were legal because they were under another immigraiton law and it only applied to Europeans. What you are trying to spin is no exucse for anchor babies to be citizen by there mother entering this country illegallly and giving birth. Citizenship is more than being born here. There were not 500,000 anchor babies in this country them and the 14th amendment would not apply to them. 14th amendment only applied to children of slaves and they did not enter this country illegally.
It is necessary now for the 14th amendment to be clarified. 500,000 reasons and growing and bankrupting this country. Calif has already been destroyed by illegal aliens and their anchor babies adn will never recover and may as well be given back to Mexico and a wall builty around it.
The problem with an anchor baby for president is it ties with Mexico through their parents. The danger is Mexico merging with U.S. I don't even want to think about it.:eusa_hand:

I have come to that decision by listening to Richardson, Guterriez, and other Hispanic in office that all lean toward amnesty because of their ties with Mexico. None of them want enforcement or border closed.
If the 14th amendment is not clarified and correctly interpreted, we is a bucket of S***>

I have come to that decision by listening to Richardson, Guterriez, and other Hispanic in office that all lean toward amnesty because of their ties with Mexico. None of them want enforcement or border closed.
If the 14th amendment is not clarified and correctly interpreted, we is a bucket of S***>

What about when Bush Jr. allowed Vincente Fox to campaign up in Utah?

What about when Bush Jr. allowed Vincente Fox to campaign up in Utah?

Bush was as wrong on immigration as the rest of Washington.

MEXICAN CULTURE AND BILINGUAL CLASSES.

No wonder our schools are failing. Hispanic activist what us to teach their anchor babies in English and Spanish and teach them Mexican culture to prevent drop out rate. Also the children they bring with them. Also they want teacher to go back to school to learn how to teach Mexican children. When will teachers have time to teach American students?
A better and less expensive idea would be to deport them and get back to teaching the American way.

"In keeping with the American way," she wrote, "they [Hispanic parents] could sue if they get enough parents together; they could force the school to give their children the instruction they need, in the language they need [Spanish]. The other alternative will be one that we have already seen in Nevada schools … immigrant students will simply drop out in frightening numbers." However, statistics from schools around the country—including Clark and Washoe counties—show that Hispanic children are dropping out at an alarming rate even with bilingual education. Like many on the left who cling to the failed social and educational programs of the Great Society, Sepulveda says she believes the answer to the lack of results from bilingual education is to simply "fix it."
Nevada Journal: Cover Story
Professor Emma Sepuvelda
Oct 30, 2004 ... Emma Sepulveda, The University of Nevada, Reno ... EMMA SEPULVEDA, Ph.D. Foundation Professor of Foreign Languages & Literatures ...
wolfweb.unr.edu/homepage/emmas/ - Cached - Similar

Mariposa Academy
Apr 22, 2005 ... Mariposa Academy is a Spanish language school in the Oakland / Berkeley / Piedmont / Montclair area. We offer both small group Spanish ...
Mariposa Academy - Cached - Similar

Guess who pays for it?

PDF]
EDO 00-1/Chavkin-Gonzalez
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
by R Education - Related articles
Learn about Mexican culture, and teach acceptance. If teachers share knowledge of the Mexican culture, all children in the class
[PPT]

Mexican Culture
File Format: Microsoft Powerpoint - View as HTML
Immigrant children might suffer from culture shock when arriving to the United States ... The following contributed to the effectiveness of teaching Mexican ...
faculty.tnstate.edu/bchristian1/mexicanculturektherber.ppt - Similar

Can you imagine that one day one of those anchor babies who are protesting for illegal aliens and amnesty, etc may well be President and sympathetic to Mexico,etc. And there is a good change they would be elected because or other anchor babies and those illegal given amnesty.

I know some of you say we are all anchor babies but children of illegal aliens who stole into this country and used false or stolen documents in order to work, etc, A total nightmare. We are not all anchor babies.

Don't people know that immigranst of old came through Ellis Island and had to register and some were not allowed in? Before that there were no immigration laws.. And the difference now it the amount of illegal immigrants.

Some say our current one isn't even an anchor baby.......:eusa_whistle:

Do you belive everything you hear? Some do who do not want to know the facts.

ACCESSORIE TO THE CRIMES.

The U.S. government is as guilty as the human smugglers that kill illegal aliens for ransom and for all the other illegal aliens and children that lose their lives trying to enter this country to get to jobs, have an anchor baby and collect all the other freebies. Children trying to get to their families in the U.S. The U.S. government have lots of blood on their hand. But that is nothing new.
Our government could easily stop all these deaths by going after businesses that hire illegal aliens and repealing Automatic Birthright Citizenship for U.S. born children of illegal aliens. If the cannot work and have and anchor baby they will go home and they will not attempt to come.
Another path to citizenship(amnesty) is only one more incentive and more lives lost.

Armed Gang Kidnapped Immigrants Found Dead Near Texas-Mexico Border
Aug 26, 2010 ... An armed gang kidnapped the 72 people who were found dead at a ranch near the Texas-Mexico border, according to a survivor's account. ...
Armed Gang Kidnapped Immigrants Found Dead Near Texas-Mexico Border

Make it easier for them to enter. How much easier can it get. 30 million.

You come to America, you learn English. Period. If I were to move to France for any reason, I'd be an idiot not to learn some French.

Is this true? Are the Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases. Is this a form of backdoor amnesty, or are they simply overwhelmed. And if they are that overwhelmed, doesn't that tell us there are too many illegals and we need to do something? Something like enforce the law and get the border sealed.

I get so sick of hearing "We're a nation of immigrants." "A nation of descendants of immigrants" is more like it. Obviously we have our share of immigrants, both legal and illegal, but my sister and I, my parents, and all of my grandparents were all born in the USA (and all in Michigan). Some of my great-grandparents came from Europe, most of them around 1900 or shortly thereafter.

Is this true? Are the Feds moving to dismiss some deportation cases. Is this a form of backdoor amnesty, or are they simply overwhelmed. And if they are that overwhelmed, doesn't that tell us there are too many illegals and we need to do something? Something like enforce the law and get the border sealed.

If what you're talking about is them not accepting 'referrals' from Arizona...

a) they are under no obligation to accept cases from a state;
b) the pending litigation, in which their argument is that if they accepted cases from all 50 states, they would be overwhelmed, makes it more appropriate for them NOT to pursue AZ's cases.

Everyone's let the border go for 30 years for an awful lot of reasons. That doesn't mean the Feds have to take orders from any state.

Forum List

Back