Ac/dc ?

just had to post this...

{youtube]AKIQ7T-t[/youtube]

Hell's Bell's - The Dangers of Rock 'N' Roll - Part 1 of 18

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIQ7T-t_V4[/ame]

Last edited:
And Texas Country Music (yes, we even have our own genre of music) is basically heavy metal country.

So thats what that was I heard on my last run threw Texas eh, Here I thought Angus and Garth Brooks had a secret test tube baby and that was what I was hearing. :D

There is another of the same type of video from a guy named David Benoit called Satanism in Rock Music and Violence in Rock Music.

20 years after the 80s it's like watching Reefer Madness in a crowd smoking a hookah. Mad fun.

Did you see the mullet on that guy? NICE.

I love how "It's a Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock 'n Roll" has bagpipes in there. If that's on my headphones, I can just run and run. Same with "Thunderstruck." AC/DC takes me to a special rock 'n roll place.

Early AC/DC was blues. Their first two albums were almost pure blues (don't think they were available separately Stateside)..Started getting more heavier after Powerage....the Bon died, and Brian Johnson's voice was only good for one type of singing..

thanks......but I just can't understand why AllMediaGuide has both Evans and Williams in the credits as bass player for HighwaytoHell (and let there be rock). Maybe i should try to contact Evans? hahaha. Supposedly he clashed with Angus and got booted after letThereBeRock.............maybe mutt lange (hwytohell producer) borrowed some of Evans old bass tracks for hwy2hell??
late night tweaking.......thanks........... i definitely notice the difference from evans to williams on powerage.....
was going to message at ac/dc.com but it's 40 bucks!! to join!!!!

To the best of my knowledge, the liner notes/album credits make no mention of Evans, though I have not read them in many years and my CD is currently boxed up. I say AllMedia is wrong.

All their music sounds the same which the masses love, but I like them once in awhile. I wouldn't put them third that is for sure. They are like the Nickelback of the late 70's and early 80's. :D

All their music sounds the same which the masses love, but I like them once in awhile. I wouldn't put them third that is for sure. They are like the Nickelback of the late 70's and early 80's. :D

Blasphemy!
Nickelback indeed..

Where do you rank AC/DC ?

Somewhere between "not going to seek it out", and "not going to bother changing the channel if it comes on".

Some of their old stuff is pretty good (Hell's Bell's, etc.); pretty much all of their new stuff (Thunderstruck, etc.) sounds like angry wet cats.

opinion: ah yeah acdc died with bon, totally agree,, backinblack was a tribute (to bon, so they say) that begat the phase two of acdc, which I would prefer was called something else like?? acdc inc?? bon era was the real deal! in my opinion
more rant: brian johnson maybe squuezes by on backinblack and forthoseaboutorock but would have loved to hear another singer after that point......IF! he could have been an extension into where they were going (with bon) as oppossed to a parody of where they had been
more more rant: bon was unique, the time and place was unique, the perfect storm, this is history, love it or hate it, and I assume bon was the key figure/lyricist/master mind because lyrics post bon were uncomparable/weak/cliche'. the voice of the enlightened rogue drunk with knowledge, you don't get many of those. or at least on your radio or tv or in your record store.

cheers, ron

Forum List

Back