ABC's Charles Gibson on Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Joyce, Jan 7, 2008.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This was a funny moment at the NH debates... Gibson goes around the Republican panel and notes how everyone on the stage has flip-flopped at some point.

But he gets to RP and says, "except for you."

Yeah, boy!

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,384
    Amazing, ain't it?

People have been bitching for DECADES about how candidates all change positions to pander for votes, and when one finally comes along that has been saying the same shit for 30 years, instead of EMBRACING him, they find some tiny little aspect that has no basis in fact to try and smeer him on. That, or the ridiculous notion of "electability".

It's insane to me that people would rather vote for someone they don't really like, over someone they LOVE, just because they think the one they love isn't electable. They're considered potentially unelectable BECAUSE people don't want to vote for them.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,384
    WJ, I didn't want to make a whole thread just to ask you one question, so I'll just ask you here since this is your thread, and I'd like everyone to see your answer as well.

I know you're a white nationalist, and it doesn't make me like you any less than I would if I knew you weren't, because the bottom line is that I don't know you, and have no reason to judge you.

But I know you are a RP supporter, and there's this huge aura surrounding him right now over this alleged racism crap. You may have already said this somewhere before, but I've never actually seen it...

What I'm wondering is, why specifically do YOU, being a white nationalist, support Ron Paul?

4. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    RP has made two big time mistakes on this go-round.

First is that he didn't distance himself from the nutjobs. Fair or not, a candidate is judged as a composite of the people who support him and vice versa. Since his "base" is about 10% according to the polls it is easier to scrutinize him. If he has 100 racists who support him, that gives him a higher percentage of racists than the other candidates who may have 300 racists. And politics is all about judging people.

When his alleged "writings" surfaced, he needed to immediatly, forcefully, and nationally disavow or explain them.

I literally just heard about the writings and stuff today during a road trip. So I will do some research and reconcile them with other facts.

When it comes to voting courage, most folks forget that the primaries are only round one and that is where you should vote your concience. The general election is the place where you may need to "strategically" think your vote.

5. William Joyce

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    One, he's against the war. White advocates for the most part see the war in Iraq as part of the plan for Israel's security, an unstated goal that has cost thousands of American lives and billions of tax dollars. There are any number of references on this, but probably the most 'respectable' is Walt and Mearsheimer's article/book. White advocates CRINGE at the possibility of a Giuliani win, as he is Israel's "dream candidate."

I personally have no problem with Israel and/or the Jewish people wanting a homeland. My problem comes when I'm enlisted to support it, with my money and blood, under false pretenses, while at the same time, the same 'neocons' who support Israel denounce 'white racism' at top volume (examples are Chuck Schumer and Joe Lieberman denouncing a border fence for the U.S. but seeking one for Israel).

Two, he's OK on immigration, not as strong as Tancredo was before dropping out, but better than McCain (clearly) and others.

Three, the basic goal of freedom is seen as a good one by white advocates, who basically want to be left alone to associate with each other.
    As for the Federal Reserve, I know almost nothing about that issue, despite being surrounded by folks who love to chatter about it!

As I noted elsewhere, our people are split on this, with some saying "don't be ridiculous, Ron Paul is not an advocate for whites" and others saying "well, he's the best option." Me, I can't stand sitting on the sidelines. If someone wants the U.S. out of the war for liberal as opposed to far-right reasons, who am I to care? I'll stand by them to support RP.

Here are some 'hardcore' white activists saying Ron Paul is just another Pat Buchanan, i.e., someone who isn't really for us (probably not a work-safe link):

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=65183

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,384
    This is basically what I figured. The funny thing, is I basically share your reasons for why I like RP. I'm not a white nationalist, as in I don't belong to groups, and spend my time spreading white advocacy, but I do however realize the fucked up situation in this country where white people have become disregarded for what amounts to political bullshit. I don'thave a problem with non-white people any more than I have a problem with white people, when these said people are acting at my expense.

I liked Ron Paul for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with racial issues, LONG before I had EVER heard anything about him supposedly being racist. I still haven't seen one iota of evidence that suggests he's a racist. People have him labelled as such now though, because THEY don't feel as though he's given THEM what THEY consider a "proper explanation".

Why should he have to explain himself anymore than to say "I'm not a racist", when he's not even running for president on a WN agenda? The man's running on a campaign of personal liberty, and economic overhaul. Nothing he's running on has anything to do with racism.

The problem is, the whole guilt by association thing has gotten in the way. I thought people were a little smarter than that in this country, but apparently people aren't. They'd rather believe what the TV tells them.

I basically knew that the WN community embraced RP because of his foreign policy, one which I'm sure many confused as an "anti-israel" policy, but all one really needs to do is take a little bit of their time and LISTEN to the man. Instead of reading what someone else is SAYING about him, just go and listen to HIM.

I don't think a man like him can ever get anywhere in this country's political system, so long as our government and media continue to be influenced and controlled very heavily by people who advocate a policy of Israel-first.

How sad that this country's interests continually get sold out to a completely different sovereign foreign nation's interests. Really, we get sold out to MANY different nations' interests. The muslim nations get 10X the amount of aid that Israel gets, so long as they play ball with us.

Maybe some day, when things get so fucked up in this country that the TV can't save the people of the US from the grief any longer, we will all finally realize what's been going on.

At least I can say I knew all along, and I tried.

7. William Joyce

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Yes, I must say I'm a TAD disappointed in the usually-wise Kathianne who seems to be buying this line on Paul: The Stormfronters like him, so I won't. Eh. "Racist" is the new McCarthyism: tag someone with it, and it's like kryptonite. I'm actually kind of fascinated by that, my convictions aside. There are a few conservatives who grouse that "liberals call everyone a racist," but there is residual interest in "real racists," i.e., Don Black, David Duke, etc. I figure there has to be a breaking point on this. The issues raised by whites aren't illegitimate. Wanting to survive as a people isn't necessarily the same thing as wanting to kill everyone else. Nobody EVER says to a Zionist Jew or a Hispanic nationalist: So, do you want to kill anyone who doesn't look like you? Yet white advocates are hit with that quesion every day.

I also liked Paul way back when. I was at a Federalist Society confab at Yale where some guy was going on about "the only decent member of Congress," and I listened in. I checked him out, and sure enough. Back then I was really into Constitutional loyalty, and I still am, though I see that issue as water under the bridge, sadly. We'll never get back to a time when the federal government is actually limited. The United States of America will cease to be a functioning entity before that happens.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't claim to be 'wise' but am practical and I hope informed. You might think twice before dismissing WJ, just as I do you. Pauli is in this for the spin zone.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,384
    Don't fucking tell me what I'm "in this" for, Kathianne. You don't fucking know me. I'm "in this" because this man is the only one who is standing up for AMERICA. You know, the country you live in? Or don't you live here?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ranting makes me more credible, thank you.